Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

How long for album?

How long did it take for your pro album? We took forever on deciding on pictures, but we sent our final choices to our photographer at the very beginning of June. We are supposed to see spreads before the final product, and we haven't seen the spreads yet. So, in another week and a half it will be two months since we sent him our chosen shots, is that a normal amount of time? I don't want to bother him if not that much time has passed yet! 

Re: How long for album?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_long-album?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:99a60393-bffa-4d0a-b65e-330d3f0d2816Post:54641df2-72fb-4567-a40a-f32e25410cfb">How long for album?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How long did it take for your pro album? We took forever on deciding on pictures, but we sent our final choices to our photographer at the very beginning of June. We are supposed to see spreads before the final product, and we haven't seen the spreads yet. So, in another week and a half it will be two weeks since we sent him our chosen shots, is that a normal amount of time? I don't want to bother him if not that much time has passed yet! 
    Posted by bellebride116[/QUOTE]

Call up your photographer and set up a schedule.  That way he knows you are waiting, and you know that he's working!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Two weeks is not that long of a time.  Designing an album takes a lot of work. 

My boudoir album took almost a month for her to design and I'm sure that had a lot less pictures in it than your wedding album.

I say if you haven't seen anything a month after you sent him your choices, then to email him and ask how it's coming.
  • Oops...missed that you said two months.  Thought you said two weeks.

I would definitely email him and ask where he is in the designing aspect.
  • I got my album back about 4 months after my wedding,but i didnt pick my pictures right away i waited about 2 months.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_long-album?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:99a60393-bffa-4d0a-b65e-330d3f0d2816Post:a25a90b7-8e32-4798-84bb-3e5fcc54b0fc">Re: How long for album?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oops...missed that you said two months.  Thought you said two weeks. I would definitely email him and ask where he is in the designing aspect.
    Posted by navybaby1113[/QUOTE]

<div>You weren't seeing things: I did type 2 weeks at first but it was a typo, I meant two months! </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the advice, maybe I'll shoot him an email and see how it's going. I didn't want to bother him if two months wasn't a very long time! Thanks!</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_long-album?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:99a60393-bffa-4d0a-b65e-330d3f0d2816Post:680c9adc-6609-42d2-8746-9988a9640080">Re: How long for album?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long for album? : You weren't seeing things: I did type 2 weeks at first but it was a typo, I meant two months!  Thanks for the advice, maybe I'll shoot him an email and see how it's going. I didn't want to bother him if two months wasn't a very long time! Thanks!
    Posted by bellebride116[/QUOTE]

Okay, glad to know I wasn't going crazy.  lol
  • I think that's a long time.... I would call and ask when you expect to see the spreads.  It's August now and most FL photographers don't have many weddings.  He should be able to get it to you soon.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_long-album?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:99a60393-bffa-4d0a-b65e-330d3f0d2816Post:71f01602-1125-42f4-9fd3-bfd68a939508">Re: How long for album?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that's a long time.... I would call and ask when you expect to see the spreads.  It's August now and most FL photographers don't have many weddings.  He should be able to get it to you soon.  
    Posted by Theresa626[/QUOTE]

Really?  Why would you think most FL photographers don't have weddings right now?  Most of the photographers I know are booked solid.
  • My mom has a fat wedding album in her living room that's extremely heavy -- instead of an album, I decided to try and use a company to design and print my wedding photos into a hardbound, dust-sleeved book that's printed on thick paper.  The final product came out BEAUTIFULLY.  I cannot recommended more this company and their photobooks!One of their website samples is here:  http://photo-ops.com/weddingbook/wedding.html E-mail them at hello@photo-ops.com.  They have the sweetest people working there, and I cannot be happier with them!!!!  I ordered more copies for my parents and close friends/family! ~J 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards