Not Engaged Yet

Weekend Recap & TUESDAY Chat?

Good morning everyone! My extra long weekend was fantastic! 

I had off on Friday so I got up early and went for a massage but my guy decided not to show up (dick) so I went back home and spent the day cleaning the yard and spraying weed killer practically everywhere. Lucy and I went for a nice long walk because the weather was absolutely perfect. H got home and then we drove to our old 'hood (and where I work) to meet friends for dinner, drinks, and to watch hockey. 

Saturday, I got up and went for my rescheduled massage which was amazing and they added on 30 minutes for free since the guy didn't show the day before. It was pretty bad planning on my part, though, because then I went home and painted the guest room on the first floor and cleaned the whole house from top to bottom. When H got home from work, we went to a housewarming party at one of his friend's house. It was a pretty good time.

Sunday, H and I went out to breakfast and then into NYC. We went to a preview for One World Observatory which is at the top of the Freedom Tower/One World Trade Center. The elevator ride up was a little scary (I'm afraid of heights and the thought of an elevator jetting to the 100th floor in under 60 seconds freaks me out, a lot) but overall the entire experience was amazing! Anyone that lives in/near or is visiting NYC, I highly recommend checking it out! We went to our favorite restaurant in Jersey City for lunch and then lounged around the house for the rest of the day. 

Yesterday, we did some shopping, started painting the new TV stand we bought, dropped Lucy off to my mom for the week, then went out for drinks with H's friends. 

It was rough getting up for work today after having so many lovely days off! I hope the week FLIES by because @audrewuh will be at my house in TWO days, @goldenpenguin and her H (!!!) will be at my house in THREE days, and @hummingbird125 is getting married in FOUR days! YAY!

Re: Weekend Recap & TUESDAY Chat?

• @Swazzle - holy cow, you got a lot done!!!!

I worked on Friday - we watched the Cavs play in the evening. 

Saturday - I was on call, so I got woke up a bunch of times.  We really didn't do all that much.  I got a few things done around the house, just putting stuff away and laundry.  In the late afternoon we walked over to my brother's (he was out of town and I agreed to watch his cats and grab his mail).  After that we walked to the nearby plaza and got dinner and walked home.  When we got home, I decided I wanted to start cleaning out my sun porch (it became a 'junk' room and I want to be able to use it again).  I filled up my recycle bin and my garbage bin and now I'm debating - do I just continue and throw the stuff I don't need away gradually or just do a little bit each week (it probably just depends how hot it is in the evenings).

Sunday - We went to a model home center to look at a few houses.  I didn't like the one I went there to see, it felt too much like an apartment - it was much larger than my house, but somehow felt a ton smaller (maybe just the furniture they had in it was too big/much for the house?).  After talking and trying to figure out how to 'make it work' we decided we shouldn't have to 'make a house work' so we are hoping to see 1 more model and then decide which house will suit us best and move forward.  We still have to talk to bankers about how much of a loan we can get and how to purchase land and so forth.  In the evening we watched the Cavs.

Monday - Just ran a few errands and watched some TV.

Anniversary
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @southernpeach89 - I think you forgot to share before and after pics, lady! Get on it!

@Dignity100 - I did! I was on a mission this weekend! I actually forgot to mention that I bought a grill and put that together (with H's help) and we grilled for the first time last night! 

• edited May 2015
    @Swazzle and @southernpeach89 - Your weekends sound like a lot of fun.  I'm also on the "you need to share before and after yard pictures", @southernpeach89!!

H was supposed to come home on Friday, but his flight was delayed and caused him to miss a connection flight, so he didn't get home until like 11 PM on Saturday night!!!  So I ran a ton of errands on Friday, cleaned the house, and ate dinner with my mom.

Saturday, the dogs got me up first at 5:40 and then at 6:30.  We got out of bed at 6:30, and since they were up I just decided to stay up, too.  I got a ton of stuff done, including a big ol' breakfast for myself...  bacon, eggs, toast, coffee, fruit.  I made some wreaths with my mom...  they are drying still because it's been so humid here with all the rain and flooding.  I'll take a picture ASAP, because it's super cute.  

We had some really bad weather Saturday night...  we were getting rain at 3-4" an HOUR.  So everything flooded again...  And I mean, flooded to the top of cars and inside the mall and it was just nuts.  So my dad took his big truck to pick H up at the airport and made me stay home where it was safe.  H got home, the dogs attacked him with kisses, we snuggled, and then we passed out.

We had the puppy birthday party on Sunday and I made homemade ice cream in my new ice cream maker and it was awesome.

Yesterday we slept in, I did my first run on my new PiYo/running hybrid program and then did a short Lower Body PiYo stretch.  We had lunch, went shopping, read, and chilled out.  It has been raining non-stop since forever, so no fun outside.

ETA:  I watched a movie on Netflix over the weekend called "William & Kate"... LOOOOOOVE.  Any Duchess of Cambridge (Kate) fans need to watch it ASAP!
  • I can't even handle the cuteness of all that baby stuff, @southernpeach89.  Baby peach's Aunt @Labro is going to spoil her rotten!!!
  • @CocoBellaF I definitely should have taken before pictures, the weeds were absolutely horrible lol! @labro is a weed pulling machine, I owe our yard beauty to her and my mom lol.
  • @Hummingbird125 - I am sad that you didn't take any pictures of your dress fitting!  :(  Maybe you just need to try it on again and take pictures to share!
  • @southernpeach89 - I love your pots and pans hanging from the ceiling!!

@CocoBellaF - Ugh, I'm glad you didn't have to get out Saturday night.  I was out of town, but my parents said it was absolutely awful.

Morning everybody!  I've been out of commission for the past week or so because I was down in the Texas Hill Country visiting my BFF.  She's in the process of getting divorced and has been having a really rough time lately, so it was good for us to just relax and spend time together.  Mostly we sat around and read books and watched movies and drank wine.  I started the Outlander series, and I'm totally hooked!

I'm back home now, though, after driving through torrential rain yesterday afternoon.  I had heard about the flooding in Oklahoma, but now that I'm home I can really see how bad it is.  There is literally no place else for the water to go.  ALL of last year, we got about 28 inches of rain--in May so far, we've had 19.58 inches, and more is forecast for the rest of this week.  My yard is so saturated it feels completely solid, and every river I drove over yesterday was flooded out of its banks.

Today I'm working around the house and trying to put myself back together after such a long trip (I was gone for a week and a half).  I'm also going to try to squeeze in a run before it starts raining again, and I have Zumba to teach tonight.  This week is crazy--on Thursday, I'm moving in with my parents (for the 8 weeks until I move to GEORGIA!) and my brother and his roommate are moving into my house.  It's a little disorienting to think that tomorrow night is my last night in the house I've lived in for 5 years!
  • @hummingbird125 Yay wedding week!

@cocobellaF I love what you got in the The Loft!  I love their petite section.

I'm so exhausted I did not sleep well last night and I kept having weird dreams.  At least it isn't Monday though.  My weekend was pretty good. Friday I got out of work early, I ran to the mall picked up a few things.   H & I went over to our friend's house to watch the Ranger's game.  It was fun hanging out with them. 

Saturday we ran a bunch of errands, and I got some studying done.  Sunday H worked on the backyard a lot which was great, he ripped up an old stone pathway that led to the backyard.  Now we are debating if we should create a new walkway or just cover it with grass.  I got a lot of studying done on Sunday which was great. 

Monday we went to a friend's for a BBQ, it was a lot of fun but I was pretty tired by the end of the day being out in the sun and playing with my friend's kids.   We played cornhole and other lawn games too.  I did not get any studying done yesterday and may not get to much today either.   I really just want to get this studying done with, my goal is mid July though.   Today is a day I could definitely use a mid day nap.

Anniversary

• @cocobellaF all that rain sounds awful and scary!

I loved having an extra day off this weekend and I got to spend lots of time with FI. Friday he was off from work and was going to run errands but he was being lazy so waited for me to get home from work. We didn't head out to late afternoon and went looking for some boxes for FI to put his groomsmen gifts in. We found 2 but he needs another one. I picked up some clay from Michael's to make jewelry dishes for my MOH and BM and spray paint for our seating board.

Friday night I decided I will try my hardest to get some exercise in every day before the wedding so at least I will feel better even though my dreams of losing 10 pounds will not be happening lol.

Saturday I walked with my friend in the morning and then went to the mall to get an oil change. While I was waiting I went to some stores to get jewelry for the wedding.

Saturday was also FI's bachelor party. I previously mentioned I couldn't wait for it to be over so that the drama surrounding it would be over. Well, the drama continued. My BFF's BF "P" went- he's not super close with FI or his group of friends but they all like each other so he went. One of FI's friends who no one in the normal group likes showed up. He ended up SLAPPING my BFF's BF in the FACE! So that put a damper on the night and "P" left so he wouldn't hit the friend back. I can't believe the immaturity of the other friend- like seriously, how old are you, this is ridiculous, you're a grown man. I don't want him at the wedding now but can't uninvite him. 

While FI was out I printed out table numbers and started the seating plan- people aren't lying when they say that's the hardest part! There are so many people that I "can't" sit together and just odd amounts of people in certain groups. Everyone is on the chart with their sticky but I may have to move people around.

Sunday morning I did C25K. We worked on editing the ceremony our officiant sent us so I need to email her today. 

Yesterday I walked with 2 of my friends in the morning. FI and I listened to some music to try to pick more songs for the wedding (processional, etc) and he did the table numbers for me- I had printed them super light so he could go over it with a gold leaf pen. Today he's supposed to be spray painting the canvas we'll hopefully use for the seating board.

I had to send FI's ring back to the Etsy dealer last week because it way way too small. They can only make it 1/4 size bigger. He emailed me last night to tell me it's shipping again today so hopefully we get it soon. Fingers crossed it fits OK now!

• @Peaseblossom55 - I forgot you were a LOFT-Petite too!!  They had some really cute stuff this time, but I was good and only spent $70.
  • @cocobellaF I bought a lot of cute shirts for the summer in March before vacation.  I love the stuff from their outlets as well and the petite section is so much bigger.   It's so easy to spend so much money in there so quickly. 

Anniversary

• Happy Belated birthday @500days!

• @cocobellaf - i will def check out that william and kate movie on netflix! also glad H made it home safe.

@caseface5 - love that stove! also i keep meaning to do a HP moving marathon but then i never do. whoops!

@hummingbird125 - HAPPY WEDDING WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@swazzle and @southernpeach89 put me to shame with their productivity this weekend.....

friday i got out of work at 1 and met BF for lunch and drinks outside. saturday we took our dog for a walk in a state park near our house and then BF went to the driving range and helped me grocery shop. sunday i went down to my parents (they live about an hour south of boston, almost on the cape) and BF met me down there after he worked. we had a BBQ with extended family, which was actually really fun. yesterday BF and my dad golfed and i took my dog for a long walk. now im back at work :(:(:(

i started Nutrisystem today. the first week is like a "jump start". i think ill be eating roughly 1000 calories (i know thats too low long term but its just for a week) but i do get to eat 5x a day, so that helps. so far so good, but talk to me in a few hours/days and i might be pretty cranky. i warned BF.
  • @Hummingbird125 - Happy Wedding Week!!  It sounds like you were able to have a nice relaxing weekend before your wedding, hope it stays low-key like that!!

@Swazzle - I have a nice grill I bought last year - still in the box.  H keeps saying 'why put it together if we're going to be moving soon' - my answer is 'we haven't even started REALLY working with anybody to make the whole new home thing happen'.  I think we're going to at least see what type of loan we could get (assuming we're keeping both houses as rental properties at the moment).

@Southernpeach89 - Everything looks nice in your home/yard!  @Labro gave your baby such cute clothes!

@CocoBellaF - Glad your H made it home safely.

@Caseface5 - Congrats on the new stove!

@cu97tiger - Glad you're feeling better

@lavendarfields13 - Hope you get the ring situation all sorted out!

@500Days - Have fun at your dress fitting!!  Will you be bringing back pics to share?

Anniversary
  • @TwoDimes - I have those barstools, but in a lighter wood!  VERY cute.  And your nails are beauuutiful.  I got mine done on Friday, too!  H and I are working our way through Friends on Netflix right now...  we just got past Rachel and Ross getting pregnant.  It's coming to an end way too soon.
  • @lavenderfields13 - ugh, sorry FIs bach party was messed up like that. why are some people so lame???

@dignity100 - what builders are you looking at?
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @eilis1228 Ok, important things first! I'm so glad you're ok and made it through the storm!! So scary!!!

Second - deep dish pizza in a cast iron skillet??? NOMS! Did you use a recipe?

• @eilis1228 - I was in the storm shelter Saturday night with the dogs, by myself, because H hadn't made it home yet.  I started having these random thoughts about a sinkhole opening up and swallowing us while we were in the cellar.  IT CAN HAPPEN!  Obviously, we were fine.  ;)  But those sinkholes are opening up everywhere...  so scary!!  Glad you made it home OK!
  • @500days happy belated bday!

@twodimes i love all your pictures! your WB is amazing, what type of setting is it? i have read about shared prong and other settings for WB and they all confuse me. also love the stools (and your kitchen....is this an apt or do you own?) and indy is adorbs!! do you have pictures from the shower?

@eilis1228 - wow that sounds so scary! glad you guys were safe and that the majority of your weekend was positive!!

• @Eilis1228 Glad you guys made it out okay!! My cousin lives in TX and we keep calling to check in on him! Also to answer your other question, I'm on the third book. I was debating to re-read the whole thing and then watch, but I'm afraid that I will forget something so I am going to watch as I go.
    friends tv show funy
  • How exciting for @hummingbird125! I did a little booty shaking dance while singing "it's wedding week, it's wedding week" leading up to mine. Then I did it for wedding day, and also it's honeymoon, it's honeymoon. hahaha DH liked it!

I had a similar situation with the massage @swazzle. Old high school acquaintance owns her own shop/ spa and we had an appointment for last weekend. Her kid made some karate tournament so she had to cancel it. I had the makeup appointment Friday night and since she felt bad about rescheduling she only charged me $25! (I gave her 40 total with tip)

I went to a graduation party, 2 cookouts, a bonfire. All fun times! Especially since DH came, normally he is antisocial and I go to things alone but he came to them all and had fun.

@caseface5 Woohoo, new stoves are always exciting! We lived without a working one for 2 years, so when we finally replaced it we made a huge turkey dinner!

@dignity100 That's exciting. Do you have town utility hookups where you live? We looked into building since our house hunt sucks, and we found out anywhere around here, we'd need to install a septic for $30,000 and a well for $10,000. And any decent piece of land starts at $50,000 so all of that plus the actual house was going to be well over budget for us.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards