Not Engaged Yet

Weekend Recap & TUESDAY Chat?

2»

Re: Weekend Recap & TUESDAY Chat?

• @LaBro HERE is the recipe we used. It was delicious! 

@CocoBellaF Ugh, I would have been equally as paranoid. I'm glad we're no longer in a drought, but we didn't need to get all of the rain at once!

@TwoDimes I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR POST! I'm so glad you had a great shower and bachelorette! I love the wedding band and the stools!

@caseface5 I hope your cousin is OK! And I love the third book! You should totally do a full re-read of the series :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Ellis1228 - Oh my goodness! I am so glad you're okay.  I saw all the pictures from the flooding in Wemberley and San Marcos--it's so terrible.  I was so glad I got north of the OK/TX border before the sky opened up, but I have never in my life seen the Red River so high.  It almost seemed that, if you were to stop the car and reach your hand out over the bridge, you'd be able to touch it.  Crazy!
  • @Eilis1228- I'm glad you made it out okay! I read some pretty horrifying stories about the storms in Texas this morning. Very sad.

BF and I went to dinner with a friend on Friday. She's back with her ex who is a complete asshole and treats her like shit. I also suspect he is at the very least emotionally abusive. She's been back with him for a few months I guess and has just been hiding it from everyone. I don't know what she sees in this guy. She could do so much better. But the last time she was with him and BF tried to voice his concerns she got really defensive so there's not much we can do about it.

Saturday I had to work in the morning but it was with two of my favorite co-workers so it wasn't bad. But when I went to leave my car wouldn't start. Turns out the starter was dead so I had to replace it. So that was annoying but at least it wasn't super expensive.

Sunday and Monday were just lazy days. I didn't do much of anything. I applied for a couple more jobs and binge watched Gossip Girl. Not very exciting.

• @futuremrshistorian A FB friend posted a pic of Red River over the weekend, and apparently the powers that be are saying it will flood the bridges by Wednesday. :( My sister is in San Marcos, and she seemed blissfully unaware of the flooding when I talked to her yesterday, so she was at least safe. The pictures are just heartbreaking though. Texas State University looks like a swamp, and so many of the riverside businesses are completely engulfed in water. I really hope they can rebuild. :( I'm glad you made it back to OK before the weather got nasty and all the bridges flooded!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @bethsmiles - I'm sorry to hear your friend is dating that guy again. No one likes to see that happen with someone they care about. And she obviously knows no one approves/something is fucked up about it if she was hiding it from everyone...... In other news, I love your new siggy gif. ;)

• @alpacina lol I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to. I'm having a hard time convincing them that they have already done too much already lol.
  • @AlPacina - It really does suck. I'm not super surprised she kept it a secret. Last time they were together he really alienated her from her friends. We usually see her once a week, maybe every other week if we are busy, but when she's with him we rarely see her at all. Oh and he apparently hates BF because he thinks BF and friend have some sort of romantic history...which they don't but even if they did it would be from freaking high school and not at all worth being jealous of.

Also, thanks! I figured it was a good one for the special snowflakes who take everything super personally.

• @hummingbird125, wedding week!

@southernpeach89, yay for fixing the shower!

@caseface5, yay for the new stove!

@500days, yay for your fitting and bridal shower, and happy belated birthday!

@twodimes, glad you had fun at your shower and bachelorette party!
    ---
    Friday night H and I had gaming, which was actually an excuse for me to knit for the first time in months.

Saturday we went to H's family's barn dance in honor of his great-uncle and great-aunt's 40th wedding anniversary. It was okay - the food was good and the band was ok (the keyboard player got better as I kept drinking). I also got to knit on the car ride, which was nice. The problem was there were wood ticks everywhere - like a bumper crop of wood ticks. Gross.

Sunday we spent the morning with GMIL and GFIL before heading to my parents' place. My brother and his FI brought a card game called "Bang!" for us to all play - it was awesome and we will be getting a copy.

Yesterday we didn't get as much housework done as I wanted. Just a series of interruptions. We'll work on it again tonight.

Oh hey, question. We have had a couple of bees in the house last night and this morning. They seem to be coming in under the back door because their wings are broken and they definitely can't fly. I didn't see a beehive this morning anywhere around the outside, and we haven't seen bees in the neighborhood. Does anyone know of a repellent? I don't want to kill the bees if I don't have to, but I'm allergic and I don't want them anywhere near that door because we use it on a daily basis. Bonus points for pet-friendly (dogs and indoor-outdoor cats in the neighborhood).
  • @twodimes It sounds like you had a great shower and party.  I love those bar stools and your wedding band is gorgeous!

@eilis1228 I'm glad you made it back home from the storms ok. 

Anniversary

• @jenjen047 , @eilis1228 - we've been primarily looking at Wayne homes, who I've heard both really good and really bad things about.
    The 3 plans we like are - we know we want a ranch, I'd like a large dining room so we can start hosting our in-laws get togethers (everybody else's house is really tight).:
    http://waynehomes.com/plan/stafford
    http://waynehomes.com/plan/montgomery
    http://waynehomes.com/plan/alexandria (our favorite so far, but most expensive.  I'm hoping to see the montgomery soon to see if it would work for us as I think this plan might have a little bit of 'wasted space' for us)
    I just learned of this builder, and this floor plan intrigues me:
    http://nebula.wsimg.com/2fe4ce04929f2e169b4bb2e1b6a2c64e?AccessKeyId=AE7CDADCD2572E2E66BB&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

@eilis1228 - sounds like a nice relaxing weekend (minus the crummy weather - glad you made it home safe).

@jenna8984 - H wants to build, so that's what we're looking into currently.  Depending on where we would get our lot, we MAY have city hookups or we might be digging a well/septic, land also is starting around $50,000 here for what I'd like.  It just feels weird, we didn't want to buy a piece of land and find out it was too expensive to build, so we're working with the 1 builder (nothing says we're going to go with them), just trying to price out our wish list and figure it out from there.  I know we cannot 100% count on rental income, but that would really help supplement us.

@bethsmiles - that stinks about your friend dating an asshole, all you can do is support her.  

@AlPacina - So sorry your dog acted up on you.  It sounds like you had a great weekend!  

@KeptInStitches - Bugs don't like peppermint, maybe you could put a peppermint oil air freshener near the door you think they're coming in?

Anniversary
  • @bethsmiles - sorry about your friend dating a jerk. i have a friend like that too...the BF is definitely emotionally abusive and she has said more times than i can count that she is done with him.....but then they end up back together after a day or 2. so frustrating. hes cheated on her, told her he would be more attracted to her if she was skinnier (when she was already a size 6), lied to her about being out of town when he just didnt want to hang out with her, etc etc. its awful.

@dignity100 - those are really nice houses!!

@alpacina - good luck on the house hunt tonight!
  • @jenjen047 - We were so hopeful that the last time they broke up would be it. She seemed to finally see everything that was wrong with the relationship and he moved away. They were broken up for over a year. Then he moved back and started texting her again. At dinner she said he has changed and he went on and on about how wonderful she is compared to some other awful girl he dated after her and he's so sorry blah, blah, blah. It was a struggle to not my roll my eyes. He does this every time.

• @eilis1228 Glad you guys made it through with no problems! My bf's brother was near the Tornado.  He sent us a map yesterday showing how close it was to him.  Last I heard he said they were fine, just lots of flooding.

@twodimes glad you had fun at your shower and bachelorette! 

@cu97tiger Glad you were feeling well enough to go to the show! My bf was so excited when I gave him his birthday gift of front row tickets for DMB that we spent all day yesterday listening to them.  He's like your H, and loves the rare songs. 

@bethsmiles ugh I understand your frustration; I was that friend.  Unfortunately she needs to realize on her own that he is not a good guy.  Just be as supportive as you can for her, so when that day happens she's not alone.  

@alpacina good luck with the houses today!

@swazzle and @southernpeach89 Holy productive weekends!

@labro you have awesome taste! Baby peach is going to look adorable in those outfits!

This weekend was a lot of fun. Friday we worked on the house a little.  Saturday I went over to my best friend's and played with my nieces. Then we went over to another friend's house for a girl's night. We had mojitos, sangria, and burgers while we sat around a fire pit.

Sunday we went to one of my bf's friend's.  At midnight I let him open his birthday card that had a map showing where our seats will be for DMB.  He immediately put on his dmb playlist and continued to play only dmb all day yesterday.  Yesterday was the first day in awhile that we both had off.  So we slept in, had a nice breakfast, then went to the house to get some work done.  After we finished at the house we decided to spend the rest of the day at a water park.  We thought the park closed at 7, but they closed at 6 so we ended up only getting about a hour of fun. Then we went to his best friend's and hung out there.  We tried to play CAH, but I only brought the expansion packs and didn't realize that there were only black cards in them (last game someone must have put all the white in the large box). 

This week we'll be working on getting all the trim done for the house.  Carpet installers are coming tomorrow morning to measure out the flooring for the carpet.  We're hoping we can get them to install the carpet before we leave for vacation.  If that works out, then we'll just have back splash left and can move in!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @speakeasy14 Your house is so close to being complete! So exciting!!!

• Happy wedding week @hummingbird125!

No long weekend for me, since I live in good ol' Canada.  I worked all weekend as usual, and have my days off Monday/today this week.  We have a big work event this coming Saturday, so it is all hands on deck all week long. I have an 8 day stretch ahead of me, not amused.  My team lead for events also quit, so her last day is on Saturday.  I'm worried about the huge workload we have ahead of us until we have a replacement.  I think I'm going to go for it, likely won't get it, but I feel I have to at least try!  

Today I've gone to get groceries and started pulled pork for dinner,and I'm about to start some dishes.  I'll hopefully feel like going for a run after that.  I slacked off all winter, so I went from being very fit pre-wedding to lazy ass post-wedding.  The weight gain has made me feel really down, even though its my own damn fault.  So this month I've started running and going on a couple of hikes to get back into shape.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited May 2015
    I love that everyone is finishing the Friends series! I started the series when it came out on Netflix on January 1st and may or may not have been finished by Valentine's Day..... Haha but now I'm recording reruns so I still watch random episodes whenever they come on.

Not really a weekend update, but I got (most of) my students' test scores today!!! Close to 90% of them passed, which is AWESOME considering a pass rate in the 70's is normal and this is my first year teaching. I'm so happy and SO proud of them! Some of them worked so hard, especially my handful that passed advanced. What a way to start the week! I get to tell them their scores tomorrow, so I'm glad for the most part to be delivering good news!

Already counting down to the weekend - so glad it's a short week! I play Bunco with BF's mom and her neighbors once a month, so we have Bunco this Friday (anyone else play/know of Bunco??).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards