Not Engaged Yet

Thursdayyyyyyyy

Good morning and happy Thursday!

I am still thinking of what to post on your random fact thread, @bride2b71614.  And 7/16 is my wedding anniversary!!  I just noticed that.

You know what I love about Thursday?  It's my last full day of the work week because Friday's I only work half a day.  I <3 Thursday!

I was walking out the door this morning and all of the sudden, I hear the county tornado sirens sounding.  It is 6:19 AM, who the heck gets tornadoes that early?!?!  I checked the radar and it was well south and east of me, so I went on in to work, but geez...  talk about an early morning wake up.

Does anyone here follow crazyjewishmom on Instagram?  It's my new favorite thing.  I had discovered it way back, and then quit following Instagram.  I got back on it last night for fun, and totally fell in love (again) with crazyjewishmom.  You need to check it out.

So what's going on today?  

Re: Thursdayyyyyyyy

• @CocoBellaF Glad the bad weather doesn't seem to be getting close to you today!

@untouchablets So sorry to hear about BF's kitty :( 

Not too much going on today. I am gearing up for the last payroll of the school year. I've been working on it little by little all week and next week is when I actually have to process it. So next week will be super busy and I won't be around much. After next week though things slow down a ton and I will be here more and also we get half day Friday's in the summer!! WOOHOO.

Last night BF and I finished watching the first HP. He was really into it so that was good. He mentioned that getting him to watch the movies is going to be MUCH easier then getting him to read the series so that's good!

I'm also still waiting to hear from Lowes about our stove. The guy told us it would take about a week for it to come in and then they would set up delivery but it's so annoying to use our shitty one knowing that we have a nice new one on the way!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Morning! I'm doing a lot of P&R this week because work is crazy; I just want to come play here :(

@CocoBellaF - Yikes, stay safe lady!

@southernpeach89 - Congrats on no more rental! Turning in my keys to my old apartment was bittersweet.

Had an unsuccessful trip to Ikea last night. We need to do something about better storage and organization in our closet, and unfortunately found that our closet is like 3 inches too short to get what we REALLY need. We think we can make something work, but we're both annoyed that we'll be short on space because of 3 stupid inches. I kept hinting that this would be sooo much easier if we could knock out the wall between the closet and bathroom (since we want to do that anways and re-do the bathroom) but C wasn't biting. I know the bathroom reno has to wait...but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to wait patiently!

Another crazy day at work today. I'm still trying to catch up from being away plus we started my training this week for the job that I'm taking over. I have accepted that I probably won't be caught up by the end of the week. Sigh.

Tonight I have the house to myself because C has band practice at the church. They have a big music night coming up in a few weeks so he's going to be out a bunch of nights. Which I am totally okay with. I love him to bits and stuff, but it's sometimes easier to get stuff done around the house when he isn't interrupting me...and there is a ton of stuff for us to do, because it still looks like a bomb went off in our house!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @southernpeach89 - Woo-hoo!  Say good-bye to the rental house!

@untouchablets - That is sad about your BF's cat.  :(  I wonder what happened.  Poor little thing.  And I love that picture you just put up!!

@caseface5 - I really like the new stove you have picked out.  I can't wait to get new appliances one day!

@lmcooper86 - My H is really good about helping clean, but he's not good at keeping things clean.  While he was gone last week, the house was perfect.  He came home 11 PM on Saturday night, and by the time we went to bed (maybe 12:30?) the house was already messy.  He says it's me, but I KNOW it's him.  ;)
  • @untouchablets I'm so sorry to hear about your BF's cat. Give your kitty and puppy extra snuggles today! I love that picture of your kitty lol!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Good morning! I'm in an awesome mood even though the weather is crappy today because @audrewuh will be here in 9 hours! I can wait to squeeze her! Hopefully the rain clears up because I wanted to BBQ and drink in the yard tonight, otherwise we'll have to move the party indoors which makes me sad now that it's summer/hot. 

H and I went to one of our favorite local restaurants last night where they have 1/2 price apps and happy hour drink specials until 7. Everything was SO good! Then we decided to go look at TVs at Best Buy and I just ordered one ! I'm excited mostly because our current living room TV will get moved up to our bedroom which will be AWESOME. 

I need to time to speed the hell up now! 

@CocoBellaF - Stay safe!

@southernpeach89 - Byebye rental home! It must feel awesome to be completely done with that!

@untouchablets - Your cat is adorable, I just love her! I am heartbroken to hear about your BFs cat. That is so, so sad :(

@caseface5 - I got H to watch HP with me a couple years ago and he LOVED them. I hope your stove comes soon!

@lmcooper86 - I love "me" nights. H plays hockey once a week and those can be some of my favorite nights lol

• @untouchablets I'm so sorry to hear about BF's kitty.  :-(

I'm tired and my allergies are making it worse.  I am so glad tomorrow is Friday,  I had the night to myself last night since H was at hockey. My new lap top arrived yesterday.  I can't wait or H to set it up tonight.  It will make studying so much easier than being on a tablet.  I'm feeling crabby today and just down, it's weird.  I need a vacation or some small get away, I think. 

Anniversary

• labrolabro member
    @lmcooper86 I love me nights too! I was supposed to have a me night last week that got rescheduled to yesterday that got rescheduled to today....so I'm REALLY hoping this dinner happens for H tonight so I can have me time at my house by myself ALONE.

@southernpeach89 YAY no more rental! Also GRAPEFRUIT! That's huge!

@CocoBellaF Happy Thur-Friday!

@Swazzle I hope you and @audrewuh get to do lots of back-porch drinking this weekend!

@caseface5 I'm sorry about your BF's kitty. That's so sad. :(

Nothing new for me today. H is supposed to have a workdinnerthing with his coworkers tonight. It was supposed to be last night but it got rescheduled....so here is take 2. If it's not raining I'll probably do a little weeding tonight around the backyard.

• jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    morning ladies! BF has been away the past 2 nights and ill admit its been nice having the bed all to myself! :) im excited to have him back tonight though.

im on day 3 of my first week of NutriSystem.  the first week is intense.....basically a jumpstart where youre eating about 1000 calories (including veggies). i havent been really hungry, but just dont feel full ever. BUT im down 3 lbs in 2 days. i know its not actual fat yet, but its still encouraging to see the scale going down.

today i start my laser hair removal! @lavenderfields13 i will give you a full update tomorrow. i am SO EXCITED!! im doing a full brazilian so im a little wary of the actual laser on my ladybits but itll be worth it to be hair free and not spending $70 every 6 weeks for a wax.

ETA: @cocobellaf - stay safe! @untouchablets - sorry about BF cat :(
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    @Dignity100 - We ended up getting a 50" Samsung Smart TV. Which also means I get to move my Apple TV up to the bedroom so I'll be able to Netflix in bed! WOOOOOT.

@jenjen047 - Good luck with the laser! I'm interested to hear how it is!

• @CocoBellaF A lot of next week's forecast has sun! It's so amazing! I hope you guys have a similar forecast! So tired of all of this crazy weather.

@hummingbird125 TWO DAYS! 

@Swazzle I cannot WAIT to see pictures from this weekend! It's going to be absolutely perfect!

@southernpeach89 Ugh, that sucks about the painters, but YAY for turning in your keys to the old place! 

@untouchablets Sorry to hear about BF's kitty :(

@caseface5 Maybe he'll be more tempted to read the books if he falls in love with the movies. I'm glad he's at least watching the movies though. It's always really fun to share something like that with your SO.

@lmcooper86 Aw, I'm sorry you've had to hit the ground running after your HM. You've got a lot of great things to look forward to this summer! I really hope you can redo the bathroom/closet area ASAP though. A small closet with terrible storage sounds awful!

@peaseblossom55 I feel ya on the terrible allergies. I hope you feel better soon!

@labro Enjoy your night to yourself! :)

@Dignity100 I hope you guys are able to find the right property and the right model at the right price. <3

@jenjen047 Congrats on the weight loss! It's always great to see immediate results like that. Keep up the awesome work!
    ----------
    Not too much to report here today. My allergies were unbelievably awful last night, so it took me a long time to finally get to sleep. I'm exhausted this morning and definitely skipped my morning workout, but oh well. I'll go to the gym tonight and double up on workouts next week to make up for missing so many this week.

I am so happy that it's already Thursday. This week has flown by! Work is getting a little crazy, but it's because a lot of libraries and vendors (and us) are approaching the end of their fiscal years. We're also planning our trip to San Francisco next month for a big annual library conference, and I'm really excited because my boss is adamant this year that we not work 12 hour days so we can have some time to explore the city. FI is coming this year too, so I'm especially excited that I won't be working 7-7 each day. My birthday falls on the weekend of the conference, so I'm hoping I can take that afternoon off and spend the day sightseeing and eating wonderful things with FI. Eeeek it's going to be so much fun! I wish we could afford to stay a couple of extra days so we could go up to Napa, but maybe we can go back in a year or two once we've recovered from the wedding and had time to earn more PTO.

This weekend FI wants to go see Mad Max, so we'll likely do that tomorrow night. Saturday we have a friend coming over to hang out and play a very long, complicated board game (Eldritch Horror for any other board game fans in here), and then we'll go out for dinner. This friend is a PhD student in a very complicated program, and he's been working non-stop this week to prepare a presentation on his research for the company that's funding it. I'm really looking forward to Saturday so he can let off some steam and just relax. On Sunday we need to do our weekly errands and chores, and then Sunday night we're going out to dinner for my coworker's birthday. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @AlPacina Good luck with the offer!!
    friends tv show funy
  • @alpacina - fingers crossed for your offer!!! also how much of a reduction in hair did you notice after the first session?
  • So I'm kind of nervous/excited. I told you all about the Beer Cap Map I got BF for his birthday this weekend. Well I just got him something else too!

BF's dad passed a year and a half ago, and BF is still struggling with it, as anyone would. Before his dad passed, I had seen a medium and his uncle came through. His dad was so intrigued and called me to talk in depth about it. After his dad passed, I saw another medium and his dad came through. I passed along all the info to BF. Well the first medium I saw is doing a group reading on June 11th so I got us two tickets!!

I'm excited but nervous that he won't want to go. I think it would be really good for him to go, and it would help him to heal a little bit. There will be 75 people, so we are not guaranteed to get read either. If he doesn't want to go, I will sell his ticket, but I am hoping that he will come! 
    friends tv show funy
  • @eilis1228 feel better too!

@alpacina I hope they accept your offer today!! So excited for you

Anniversary

• @alpacina I appreciated my laundry chair for a long time but I was getting SO overwhelmed with the clutter (it doesn't help that since I just rent a room EVERYTHING I OWN is in there) that something had to be done. I added the cat tree so my kitty could have a space of her own and also a nice wicker basket I stole from work to take on laundry holding duties lol
  • @alpacina eeeeee im so excited!! i feel like im going to want to laser EVERYTHING. haha
  • @jenjen047 - You have no idea! I'm making a list! I'm hoping if I get my legs done next she'll tack on the top of my toes for free....... Those hairy bastards.....

• just stopping by..I'm so busy at work since it's month end. I shouldn't be on TK at all but I can't help myself!

@untouchablets I'm sorry about the kitty :(

@jenjen047 yes I would love an update! I'm nervous that it will hurt. I'm also pretty sure I'm not going to get every single hair shaved before the procedure considering I'm getting a full brazilian too..and some areas are umm..pretty hard to get to. I don't want to be left with random stray hairs when all my sessions are up lol.

@alpacina fingers crossed that your offer is accepted!

• AlPacina said:

@jenjen047 - On my underarms, probably 70-80% was already gone after the first session. My downstairs was more like 30-40%. But seriously, I didn't even think to shave my pits, there was already so much gone!

caseface5 said:
    Before his dad passed, I had seen a medium and his uncle came through. His dad was so intrigued and called me to talk in depth about it. After his dad passed, I saw another medium and his dad came through.
    But..... mediums aren't real.

I would like to respectfully disagree with you. I understand that you don't believe and that is fine, I would never force my beliefs on anyone else. Everyone has a different way of grieving and healing after the loss of a loved one. I had a really tough time morning the loss of my Nana when she passed, and She also came through once for me at a Medium. Ever since then I have been able to feel her presence with me all the time. I take comfort in knowing her soul is always with me. To each his own. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @lavenderfields13 you should have seen me in the shower last night trying to bend and flex to reach all the areas. i failed miserably. i read online that the laser will still kill the hairs if they arent shaved, the only difference is the hair that is above the skin will burn off so it will smell like burnt hair. so its unpleasant but doesnt impact the results.
    also, while im totally doing this for myself, obvi BF will enjoy the benefits too. but just imagine if we asked men to put a laser on their balls/junk. theyd throw a fit.....at least my BF would
  • @alpacina Fingers and toes crossed for the house!!

@southernpeach89 That is frustrating, hopefully they quickly come back so you can put the furniture where you want it.

@eilis1228 I love that you're a librarian.

@lmcooper86 is there a way you can fix those 3" without tearing out the wall?

Ugh, so we haven't been able to schedule the carpet installation.  And there's still tons of trim left to install.  My bf is going to his cousin's bachelor party this weekend and then we leave Tuesday for Colorado; so losing a lot of time to get stuff done.  I'm going to paint tonight and this weekend (stairwell and whatever trim I can, plus still have to redo the tub).  I'm kind of in freak out mode because we are throwing a surprise party for my mom and her Fi at the end of June.  So we kinda need to get everything done and moved in ASAP. 

Along the lines of Colorado, I still have to figure out what to pack.  I have a general idea, but have no guidance for the wedding.  The ceremony is supposedly really casual (and they have invited everyone to go for a hike).  Then there's a huge gap and the reception is at a country club.  I have no idea if I need a dress and something else. My bf's groomsman outfit is dress pants, dress shirt, tie, and vest with brown dress shoes.  So that tells me I need to be in my dress all day, but I'm not hiking in that.  They're also having a welcome dinner the night before.  At a casual restaurant, but the invitation was formal. I never saw the wedding invite because my bf & I were put on his parents invitation.  I only know what the dinner invite looks like because his mom left it on the counter and I was helping her with the dishes the other night.  I feel like I need to over pack to make sure I can fit every type of dress code possible. 

• @speakeasy14 when is the hike happening? after the ceremony?
  • @jenjen047 My bf said before, I told him I'm wearing my pajamas then, and made this face image 
  • @speakeasy14 Thanks :) Also, how about a maxi dress for the wedding? It can be casual or fancy depending on how you accessorize, and they're usually really comfortable. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards