Wedding Woes

Thursday

Longest week ever.  I kept thinking yesterday was Thursday so this is extra blergh.

I keep hoping it will rain so I have an excuse to throw in a movie and not entertain these little things.  Today is the zoo and tomorrow the pool again.  It seems to be a little early for the programs at the metroparks to be in full swing and it's too nice to be in a library.

Stupid MIL exchange:

Me: I wanted to make sure you knew 6let's game was at 4:30 not 3:30 Saturday.  You're welcome back to the house after for dinner if you want.

Her: We're going to my college roommate's parent's memorial at 1:30 so we should be able to make the game.

Me: You're welcome to come here before the game and change if you want.  Will you be able to stay for dinner?

Her: we won't need to change. I'd love to stay if you want us.

1- Clothes for a memorial should not be the same ones you were to little leage.

2- I asked you for dinner twice!

Re: Thursday

• Morning!  :) 

Holiday/short weeks are always weird weeks.  They seem longer than they are and things are usually crazy. I haven't been able to get to bed before midnight any night this week (just not tired).  The kids have both been a little zany.  I know the kiddo is excited for break and nervous about it being his last week of Jr. High. 

I will be a parent of a high schooler at 2:35pm tomorrow.  What the what? 

• I will be a parent of a high schooler at 2:35pm tomorrow.  What the what? 
    Me too.  :/

I made it back to the gym today for the first time in 2 weeks.  Falling down my deck stairs sidelined me for way longer than I thought it would and then DH's unexpected surgery/recovery left me too worn out to miss the extra 90 minutes of sleep.  I feel good now that I went.
  • I am so counting down the days until vacation.  I need one, so So SO badly.

I'm going to murder a particular person  I'm trying to step back and make some space for myself and realize that she isn't trying to annoy me.  I'm about three more messages away from snapping at her.  I've already done that, albeit somewhat nicely, once.

I really have nothing else.
  • 6fsn said:

I keep hoping it will rain so I have an excuse to throw in a movie and not entertain these little things. 

I keep hoping it will rain so swim practice will be canceled.  Wooz's first meet is Saturday and she lost her goggles, so guess what I'm doing at lunch today.  DH might actually be able to make it to practice tonight, so if we're not rained out, I'll make DH being there my silver lining. 

Took DD to the orthodontist this morning, and her quad helix is coming out in August.  All of her teeth are right where they want them, so they're going to give them a little time to stabilize, and then she's back to Laffy Taffy and gummy everything.  :)

DS's full developmental evaluation is next Tuesday, and I just want to get it done so I can see what they say.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

We saw BABY TIGERS at the zoo.  5 weeks old and too cute for words.

I'm saying eff it and doing the movie anyway.

MIL wants to bring lime fluff Saturday.  I don't want to eat that after it's been in a cooler for 7 hrs.  Guess who's making lime fluff? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards