Snarky Brides
Options

Oh, the horror.

BouxRadleyBouxRadley member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited May 2015 in Snarky Brides
I dunno if this has been circulating for a hot minute and I'm just seeing it or what, but could you imagine? I've actually seen it happen, do men REALLY think this is a good idea?

Re: Oh, the horror.

• Options
    'This is up there with my uncle giving my cousins a puppy at my birthday party'

This comment was my favorite.
  • Options
    oh. my. gosh.

I feel so bad for that bride, that is the tackiest shit I've ever seen.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Thank God most of my close family and friends are already married and/or engaged. I told my FI that I thought it was tacky to propose at someone else's celebratory event and he agreed. I think he'd get more pissed off than I would if someone did that.

• Options
    FI and I were the first of our friend group to get engaged, but almost all of them are in long term relationships leading towards marriage. Three different couples have threatened to use our wedding as their proposal platform. Three. I guess I can always threaten Internet revenge if they actually try to go through with it. This couple is getting the virtual shit knocked out of them (and rightfully so.)
  • Options
    Major props to the bride and groom for keeping their composure. I can't say I wouldn't turn into a raging shebeast and suggest they celebrate their engagement elsewhere.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BouxRadleyBouxRadley member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    Like, I'm a huge fan of non-public proposals (like a huge fan) but like a baseball game would be one thing, someone else's wedding is probably the biggest no-no I can think of. 
    Major props to the bride and groom for keeping their composure. I can't say I wouldn't turn into a raging shebeast and suggest they celebrate their engagement elsewhere.
    I'd probably tackle him as soon as he got down on one knee. No proposals allowed. 

ETA: wurds is dumbbbb
  • Options
    spglspspglsp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I was at a wedding many years back where the groom's cousin proposed to his girlfriend at the reception. Back then I felt like a jerk for thinking it was a pretty tacky move. Suddenly I feel vindicated.
    Just Married!

• Options
    edited May 2015

SITB

I saw this in a Weddit comment today, I love it!

• Options
    Someone posted a link to this article in the comments: http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-vilified-proposing-wedding-article-1.2238488

They're justifying it by saying the bride told him to do it. Still think it's tacky. I also would hate being proposed to in public in this way.
  • Options
    I told my now hubby the one place I didn't want him to propose to me, my mom and step-dad's anniversary party. I didn't want to take away from them that night, didn't want to be the center of attention, etc.   Well he had already asked them, they said yes since they wanted to see him propose, etc. Yeah....tacky, tacky, tacky....but I smiled....did my ugly cry.....eventually we got married. Can I have a redo? LOL
  • Options
    If the bride actually did suggest it, I would think she would look a little happier. Her smile looks SO forced. I feel like that other article is just a cover up story to make the world not hate her sister (which if the sister didn't know it was going to happen I can't really see it being her fault, more her FI) But if that were me I wouldn't even try to force a smile. I would probably be sitting there SO annoyed and it would show. 
  • Options
    randomsloverandomslove member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    It could also be that she felt obligated to offer and allow when he said he wanted propose at their wedding. "On the beach" during the wedding festivities is still at the wedding. And I'm thinking the whole thing is bull anyway since the bride would probably also say so in the article.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards