Wedding Woes

WWWWD?

VarunaTTVarunaTT member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited May 2015 in Wedding Woes
I have a guest coming in to speak. He's going to end up being a keynote speaker at a pretty big deal event in the city, then doing a smaller event for our group the next day. I need to get a hotel.

There is a hotel in the city that is ridiculously cheap. I can get a king sized bed room for $72/night, with free breakfast.

It is listed on all websites as 2.5/5 stars. The reviews, however, are great. It averages 8.7-9.5/10 on all websites, with as few as 350 reviews and as many as 1500. Most complaints seem to be related to actual personal preferences (A/C didn't blow on person, didn't like the free breakfast, there are some noise complaints). So far, i can't seem to find anyone in the city w/personal experience w/hotel.

I could pay for a more expense room, but I will jump from $164 to $212 total (not including taxes) for the next w/in budget option.

WWWWD? 13 votes

Get the $72 room.
76% 10 votes
Get the more expensive room
23% 3 votes

Re: WWWWD?

• You have a PM.  
  • Special Snowflake here...  Having traveled the "Rubber Chicken Circuit" - I always appreciated the cleaner hotel with the comfortable bed above anything else.  Didn't matter if it was a $27/night hotel or a $250/night, clean knows no price point! (the $27/night place in the middle of nowhere was the cleanest hotel I've EVER stayed in - nothing matched in the room, but by gosh it was spotless!)

IMO - go check the hotels out.  Otherwise ask the speaker for their preference as sometimes they've been to your town before and have a place they like.

• hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    VarunaTT said:
    So far, i can't seem to find anyone in the city w/personal experience w/hotel.  
    Is it a "pay by the hour" hotel and no one wants to cop to having been there?
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Is this for you or the speaker?  For someone reason I thought it was you and voted cheap.  If it's for the speaker it might be worth the effort of checking it out in person.  You could even try to talk down the bigger fee.  See if they will give a discount for preferred status with your group?
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2015
    It's not pay by the hour.  It's not close to any of the tourist places.  I suspect people who stay here do it b/c it's convenient to the highway and are traveling elsewhere OR, since it's a certified "green" hotel, b/c they're making a "moral" choice.

Yes 6, for the speaker.  I know where he's stayed previously and that hotel is booked (a big issue is that this is Father's Day weekend and baseball weekend).

I think I'm going to run by it this evening.
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    i vote go with the no-tell motel. the certified green thing pushes it in its favor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards