Florida-Central Florida
Options

Restaurant for reception? Orlando area

Have any of you fabulous ladies had their wedding reception at a restaurant (or plan to) in the Orlando, FL, area? I am looking for a space for around 35-50 guests. Preferably not too big, so it doesn't feel empty. I'm really loving the Leu Gardens for a ceremony site, but not too keen on the grandma drapes in their rental rooms, and all the hassle of having a caterer for a small amount of guests. Also loving the Highland Manor, but am afraid their ballroom would be too large. ANY advice is welcome! 

Re: Restaurant for reception? Orlando area

• Options
    We're having our rehearsal dinner at 310 Lakeside right across from Lake Eola. I've seen some beautiful bridal and baby showers there. Not to big and you can rent out a private room.
  • Options
    FosmohFosmoh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I really like the idea of having the reception at a restaurant.
    I had spoken to a wedding planner i had considered using and she pretty much shot down the idea of a restaurant, saying we'll want the "big party" etc.  but honestly, the idea of a restaurant REALLY appeals to me.  it seems so much less stressful, you can do a set menu where the guests chose their meal AT the dinner and not have to worry about dancing and some of the other traditions that i really don't wanna do to be honest.

We're just beginning our planning (i'm from Toronto, Ontario so i'm really intimidated by trying to plan a DW haha)

But anyway, if i come across anything that seems interesting i'll share it (and i'd greatly appreciate it in return! :) )

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards