Chit Chat

A little help from fellow no-thigh-gap ladies...

2»

Re: A little help from fellow no-thigh-gap ladies...

• I really didn't want to wear Spanx for my wedding - my dress fit perfectly without, and I wanted to be comfortable and not too hot. I bought white Reebok compression shorts (LINK) on sale at Dick's, and it was the best decision I made surrounding the wedding (aside from marrying H, of course.) I just wore them again over the honeymoon under a maxi dress, and it reassured me that I need to buy more pairs for this reason alone. 
    What do "compression" shorts actually do?  Are they supposed to suck you in like spanx?

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• luckya23 said:
    I really didn't want to wear Spanx for my wedding - my dress fit perfectly without, and I wanted to be comfortable and not too hot. I bought white Reebok compression shorts (LINK) on sale at Dick's, and it was the best decision I made surrounding the wedding (aside from marrying H, of course.) I just wore them again over the honeymoon under a maxi dress, and it reassured me that I need to buy more pairs for this reason alone. 
    What do "compression" shorts actually do?  Are they supposed to suck you in like spanx?
    I wear compression pants to work out in. I LOVE them. They flatten everything nicely but are a lot more comfortable than Spanx.
  • luckya23 said:
    I really didn't want to wear Spanx for my wedding - my dress fit perfectly without, and I wanted to be comfortable and not too hot. I bought white Reebok compression shorts (LINK) on sale at Dick's, and it was the best decision I made surrounding the wedding (aside from marrying H, of course.) I just wore them again over the honeymoon under a maxi dress, and it reassured me that I need to buy more pairs for this reason alone. 
    They aren't as sucky-innie as Spanx, which makes them much more comfortable. Really, they're just a fancy name for spandex/bike shorts. Like @sarahufl said - they smooth everything out, but they are super lightweight & breathable, which makes them super comfy.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

•     I'm weird and never go out without tights on my legs if I'm wearing a skirt. I have had spider veins on my legs since I was 16 and have not gone bare legged in public since. I wear cotton tights and find them comfortable even in summer. I have a very high heat tolerance though so most people probably wouldn't like this solution. 
  • I just wanted to say this thread is rocking my world right now.  We're leaving in a little less than 2 weeks for an 8 day camping trip and I was starting to stress because I don't have enough long shorts to last me 8 days but I worry about chafing in my shorter shorts, and it'll be too hot to wear jeans.  I was also worrying about the chafing in my wedding dress Bought some of the Gold Bond stuff to try out ahead of time for camping, and will probably buy some of those jockey shorts to try before the wedding..
    Married 9.12.15

• I just wanted to say this thread is rocking my world right now.  We're leaving in a little less than 2 weeks for an 8 day camping trip and I was starting to stress because I don't have enough long shorts to last me 8 days but I worry about chafing in my shorter shorts, and it'll be too hot to wear jeans.  I was also worrying about the chafing in my wedding dress Bought some of the Gold Bond stuff to try out ahead of time for camping, and will probably buy some of those jockey shorts to try before the wedding..
    IMO, Old Navy Compression Pants are THE BEST. They are also affordable and always on sale. They have shorts, as well.
  • NymeruNymeru member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

I saw this on Buzzfeed last night. Disclaimer: I have never used any of them.

Where are all the boxes?

In any case, that Buzzfeed site is gold.  "If your thighs touch, you're one step closer to becoming a mermaid...so who's the real winner here?"
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I saw this on Buzzfeed last night. Disclaimer: I have never used any of them.

The Bandelettes on #7 are super cute.  I have not tried them either, but here is a pretty good review: https://2cakesonaplate.wordpress.com/2015/05/29/how-to-fight-thigh-chafing-a-bandelettes-review/
  • If you don't have any Body Glide, etc., the John Frieda anti-frizz hair smoothing serum works great, too.  Just smear where it sticks/hurts and everything is all slippery for a long time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards