Wedding Invitations & Paper

Addressing Question

Hi Ladies,

After sending out my STD's months ago, I had a friends GF tell me that she wouldn't be able to make the wedding, but that "Tim" wanted to wanted to bring is mother instead as his guest. I told her that would be fine. I also told Tim directly during another conversation.

I know Tim's Mom well, so I'm okay with the substitution in this instance, I almost invited her anyway, but took her off when we were making cuts.

So my question is, now that I am addressing my invites do I address it to just Tim, Tim and his SO, or Tim and his mother?

Re: Addressing Question

• From what I've read on other boards, you should still address it to the GF and Tim. Plans might change and the GF might be able to attend. If not, Tim knows he can bring his mother.
  • I had read that too but I sort of felt it was sending the message that I wasn't really okay with the substitution
  • I would address it to Tim and his g/f, but either enclose a little note or give him a call and let him know that it's fine to substitute his mother if g/f isn't able to make it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards