Not Engaged Yet

How did you meet your SO?

2»

Re: How did you meet your SO?

• @bride2b71614 - i love this story. esp that you happened to reconnect on okcupid! fate!
  • A little back story...In Summer 2011 I got my first iPhone and it was my first cool phone since I had a flip phone before it....I downloaded tons of apps and met Cory on one! Cory had planned to cancel his account the day I messaged him *Thank goodness he didn't!*

Cory and I met on Skout.com which is an iPhone dating app that tells you singles nearby...However it told me Cory was nearby and he was actually almost 2 hours away...I saw his pictures and was in love because he was cute, worked out, and most importantly he plays hockey! I messaged him first *he says he did* and after 2 days of talking on the app I gave him my number. We talked all day for another day in text and on the phone *I loved his voice* and he asked me to lunch but I made him come to me. I was so nervous waiting for him to walk up and when he did I was so happy and relieved. I moved in with him a week later and the rest is history.

• Wow these are all so sweet! Mine is not anything too exciting. We met in HS, I was friends with his cousin and went on a date with him (cousin). It didn't really work out, but I was still friends with them, and eventually SO won tickets to a hockey game (or actually his mom did, and gave them to him), and he asked me to go. That was 9+ years ago!
  • So my bf and I have known each other since grade school. We were friendly with each other but never really became friends. In high school we both started relationships with not so great people (took both of us 5 years to realize that).

After college I spent two years living in Massachusetts.  I came home about once a month because I was homesick.  One night I was out at the local bars with a bunch of my girlfriends and I bumped into a bunch of people from high school.  My bf was one of the people in that group.  We ended up standing outside the bar talking for two hours.  We exchanged phone numbers and he told me to let him know the next time I was home.  A month later I went out to the local bars on a mission to find him.  He found me, and again we spent two hours, standing around talking. The next day we went on our first date, realized we had the same bad dating experiences and since I still lived in Massachusetts decided to take it slow.  That lasted maybe a day, because we talked every single day and spent every second possible together when I came home. 
  • My FH and I met at work in March 2012. He actually got hired to replace me because I was moving to a different department. I had seen him across the store a few times and my friends had mentioned him, but I hadn't met him. Well, I'm a NOSY person, and I saw one of my best friends talking to him, so I went over to be introduced. He smiled at me and I damn near hit the floor. I was in the process of trying to get back with my ex at that point (HUGE mistake, glad it didn't go anywhere) so we just became friends. We talked each other through a whole lot of issues and became very, very close. Well, on Halloween 2012, a group of friends and I went to his apartment and hung out, and I never left.

We've been together almost 3 years now :-)
  • My boyfriend and I met on OkCupid February of 2013. I had just gotten off from work and was headed home. I saw his profile and thought he was cute. He lived out of state (he was in Tennessee and I was in New Orleans) so I knew that if I didn't message him right then and there I'd never see his profile again. So I pulled over and read through his profile and messaged him. From there we began talking everyday. We started officially dating March 21st and then we met in person April 9th. After a little over a year of dating long distance he moved to Louisiana to be with me. Around Thanksgiving last year he moved back to Tennessee for a better paying job. After I graduated in December I moved here to be with him. He is my best friend and even though he annoys me all of the time I love him to pieces. He is my soulmate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards