DIY Wedding Forum

DIY help please

I have these wood table numbers and Mr & Mrs. I was going to just stain them And leave it at that. It seems boring to me. Any creative Beeees with other suggestions? Fall wedding in a rustic venue. I have some other items stained like cake stand, ring box and card box so was thinking something else since it will be on table. TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DIY help please

• Following the Fall theme - some colored leaves maybe since that'd be able to be done cheaply... 
  • You could also scatter some mini pumpkins or gourds around them. Those would go well with the fall leaves or just stained wood. You can either buy real ones before your wedding or I got a bunch of mini gourds and pumpkins at the dollar store that I'm painting for my wedding in October. Craft stores and stores like Christmas Tree Shops will also have lots of fake pumpkin options in the fall. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Denise40 where did you get those numbers? they are exactly what I am looking for - 

What are your thoughts about dipping them in a color that goes along with your theme? thats what I plan on doing!!
  • Painting the letters and adding elements like leaves would look really awesome and set the letters apart from the rest of the stained items.  Modge-podging a coordinating Autumn pattern on each letter could work, too, if you are into that sort of thing
  • Whoops: meant to attach a pic of an example.  Found this on http://realhousemoms.com/fall-decorations/
  • ombre paint for sure.  It's easy, start with white and add the tiniest amount of color and then paint.  At another small amount of color to the white and then paint.  ANd repeat

• I covered my Mr and Mrs in material and then placed some ribbon cord around the edge with beads.  I also did the letter A for our table with brooch and feather.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards