October 2015 Weddings
Options

Invites!

edited June 2015 in October 2015 Weddings
Anyone working on invites yet? I know I'm super early, but I started designing mine! We're having them printed by CatPrint again (HIGHLY recomended!) on Kraft paper. Still working on my response cards! We'll use these same fonts and graphics (graphics credit: Amanda Ilkov on Creative Market) for the programs/menus/whatnot. (Edited because my photos haven't been staying attached to my posts.)

Re: Invites!

• Options
    i do not think it's too early, i had mine printed last month and plan on putting them together with a couple of my girls on Thursday. I'll send them next month some time!
  • Options
    Nope, not too early!  I ordered mine from Wedding Paper Divas last month and have had them for a couple of weeks.  I'm still looking for embellishments for them and deciding how to put them together and address them (which I'm doing myself).  I had a good coupon for WPD so once FI and I found a suite we both liked I just pulled the trigger.  Waiting til end of July to send them out.

@rusticbride27 your design is super pretty!  Just noticed though, I think the time should read "3[space] o'clock" instead of "3'oclock" :)

• Options
    I already have my invites as well. I too got a coupon from Wedding Paper Divas a month ago and figured I might as well order them and save the money. I think I saved like $100 so I was pretty excited. I haven't put them together yet. Also I still need to weigh them in order to buy postage... However since you aren't supposed to send them out more than 8 weeks in advance I'll be sending them out end of August so there's still plenty of time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not early at all I hope to complete mine next week!
  • Options
    Thanks for the head's up, @frenchiekin! My mom proofed these for me and she didn't catch that, either!! :) 

Glad I'm not the only one already printing my invites... so many people have been like "You still have time! Why are you doing them so early?" I'm just really excited, okay?
  • Options
    Mine are all printed - just need to be assembled and sent! My mom and I plan on addressing them next month, then sending them out in August. They will be waiting in the box until then :) 
  • Options
    I printed mine all last month. My sister is a photographer so she has access to printing labs where I got the main invite printed for 50 dollars. I bought vellum paper for the top, designed the castle in Photoshop and printed them myself. Since I'm a teacher I have the summers off so I've been working on mine a few times a week. I'd rather get them done now so I won't stress later. It's never to early to get this stuff done, leaves room for mistakes as well
  • Options
    I actually am about to send mine to the calligrapher! I don't think you're too early :) 

We went with a formal pearl white Crane stationary with gold and black lettering ordered from Avalon Stationary in Houston and jazzed it up with Red Florentine liners. My wedding is pretty formal so the boring invitations fit it pretty well. I'm telling myself the liners are what makes my invitation cool haha, but let's be real: Y'all's are way more fun than mine
  • Options
    Mine are boxed up in my basement!! I designed the suite I liked and then waited for a good sale on the website. Sure enough, my patience was a virtue and the website (magnet street) had a 40% off sale. I immediately bought my invitations right there and then. I ordered the main invitation, envelope, and also the reception insert. I did not buy the RSVP card or RSVP envelope because I wasn't sure what the food options were yet, though I know now and will order the cards soon.

In the meantime, I am going to give the invitation envelopes and my guest list to the calligrapher soon (end of June) so that she has 2 months to address.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I designed ours, and we're ordering them in the next week or so from a local printer. A friend of my moms works there and she actually printed our STDs for free, it was incredibly nice. 

• Options
    That's so pretty, @sylveonplath! Did you paint the graphic?!
  • Options
    That's so pretty, @sylveonplath! Did you paint the graphic?!
    @rusticbride27

I didn't! I got the watercolor wreath from GraphicSafari (https://www.etsy.com/shop/GraphicSafari) on etsy, along with the watercolor feathers and "romantic blooms" graphics, which I'm using on the reception card, reply card, table numbers, etc. I then put it together with some free fonts I downloaded on PicMonkey, which actually turned out to be easier/less time consuming than using photoshop or indesign. 
  • Options
    @sylveonplath Nice! Great choice. It looks lovely. :)
  • Options
    I have these beautiful ones from Minted all customized and sitting in my cart. It's about $600 for them. ugh. so now I have it in my head that maybe I should just forget about them and get some printable ones from Michael's or Hobby Lobby and do it myself for less than $200! Either way, I need to figure it out ASAP, lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards