New Jersey
Options

The Breakers in Spring Lake

This is going to sound crazy, but I've loved the Breakers since seeing it on an episode of Bridezillas, LOL!  I have an appointment on Thursday, but tell me what you know, if anything, please!!!  Food, cost, size, etc...Thanks!

Re: The Breakers in Spring Lake

• Options

FI and I toured The Breakers but did not book it.  All their prices are online, if you click on wedding on their webpage and then wedding menus and then it lists the different menus it offers, the prices are listed next to the entrees on every menu.  We were looking at the seashell menu as that is what was in or price range, we thought we would only be able to hold that in their sea shell room which only has a seating of 75 I believe.  We were very pleased to learn that we could have the larger room (I can't remember the name of that one) while having the seashell  menu, so that was a big plus.  While it does have a beautiful view, we did not book it. 

There were several things we did not like about it, the first being we found the woman we met with too snooty for our taste lol.  Also, they hold the cocktail hour on the porch which is fine if it's nice out, but if it is not nice out the only other option is to hold it in the basement which we did not like at all.  Also, the bathrooms are not on the same floor as the reception rooms they are also in the basement, which we did not like as people would be pulled very far away from the reception to use the restroom.  They do include a room overnight for the bridal couple which is also great! 

• Options
    We just went to a wedding there and thought it was very nice. I liked the cocktail hour on the porch because of the great view but the only thing I noticed was when they passed the hors d'oeuvres they didn't always make it down to the other end of the porch. Other than that the food was great during cocktail hour and dinner. We also decided to stay the night and were very happy with our room and the hotel itself. After the reception the hotel bar stayed open so a few of us that weren't ready to go up to bed yet went there. @beachfitzy is right about the bathrooms and it was a little strange going so far to use the bathroom. As the night went on I didn't really notice anymore but it could be a problem for the elderly. My grandmother uses a walker and even though there was an elevator I know it would be difficult for her to travel to use the restroom. Overall we had a great time and it was a very nice wedding. Good luck!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards