Wedding Etiquette Forum

Not invited to friends wedding, should I ask why?

I am so upset, this friend from church is having a wedding and
they have deleted me from Facebook and they only way I found out she was engaged was by a mutual friend. So I am pretty sure I wont be invited to the wedding even though this is someone I have known for years from church. And I just want to kno why I wasn't invited, and I suspect it may be because of a falling out I had with her sister where she yelled at me for wanting to crash this other mutual friends wedding a few years ago. Would it be rude to just ask why I wasn't invited and make sure it wasn't because of this and she hates me? When she deleted me and I asked why ( this was after the thing with the wedding happened) she said everything was fine and she was only keeping people she talks to regularly. I just want to maake sure I wasn't not invited because of her sister being upset about me wanting to crash this other person s wedding

Re: Not invited to friends wedding, should I ask why?

• JBee85JBee85 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    Don't be confrontational. Just let it be. Otherwise it makes it look like you are begging for an invitation.
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Do.Not.Feed.
  • Why can't Tay Prince ever pop back in to say hello??

• This is hilarious. This person posted the exact same thing on Wedding Wire.

I call Troll.
  • Don't worry, Jashley is all gone now. It's safe to come back to E.
  • I am so upset, this friend from church is having a wedding and
    they have deleted me from Facebook and they only way I found out she was engaged was by a mutual friend. So I am pretty sure I wont be invited to the wedding even though this is someone I have known for years from church. And I just want to kno why I wasn't invited, and I suspect it may be because of a falling out I had with her sister where she yelled at me for wanting to crash this other mutual friends wedding a few years ago. Would it be rude to just ask why I wasn't invited and make sure it wasn't because of this and she hates me? When she deleted me and I asked why ( this was after the thing with the wedding happened) she said everything was fine and she was only keeping people she talks to regularly. I just want to maake sure I wasn't not invited because of her sister being upset about me wanting to crash this other person s wedding

LOL. JIC.
  • Welcome back, Jash.
  • Ok, so I've been dying to ask this question for a while now- but can someone explain "J'Ashley" to me?  I've only been around for a little under a year but I see it referenced a lot, and I am super intrigued :)
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015
    Ok, so I've been dying to ask this question for a while now- but can someone explain "J'Ashley" to me?  I've only been around for a little under a year but I see it referenced a lot, and I am super intrigued :)

A poster called "jashley" posted about this situation a couple of years or so ago-she wasn't invited to the wedding of a "friend."  Everyone responded that no, she can't ask her friend why she isn't invited to the wedding, and she kept getting more and more defensive-the wedding was in a park, she should have been invited, etc. etc. ad nauseam about why she should have been invited to this wedding.  Then it turned out that this same post was made on a number of other wedding forums as well.

Edited for time original post was made-I think it was two or three years ago.

• adk19 said:
    Jen4948 said:
    Ok, so I've been dying to ask this question for a while now- but can someone explain "J'Ashley" to me?  I've only been around for a little under a year but I see it referenced a lot, and I am super intrigued :)

A poster called "jashley" posted about this situation a couple of years or so ago-she wasn't invited to the wedding of a "friend."  Everyone responded that no, she can't ask her friend why she isn't invited to the wedding, and she kept getting more and more defensive-the wedding was in a park, she should have been invited, etc. etc. ad nauseam about why she should have been invited to this wedding.  Then it turned out that this same post was made on a number of other wedding forums as well.

It wasn't just posted on other wedding forums.  It was posted on weight-lifting forums and gardening forums and yahoo questions.  It was really out of control.
    Holy shit, why? 
  • adk19 said:
    Jen4948 said:

It wasn't just posted on other wedding forums.  It was posted on weight-lifting forums and gardening forums and yahoo questions.  It was really out of control.
    Holy shit, why? 
    She really, really, really didn't understand why EVERYONE was invited to this wedding except for her.  She obviously was lacking in basic social skills and just couldn't find a place to get the answer she wanted.  Over at the tree house we managed to make her think we were on her side, told her she should go, got her to PM one of the members to get help with a wedding gift, and eventually someone got the name of the bride whose wedding was going to be crashed by a crazy acquaintance in order to warn said bride.  But, yeah, for a while there if you googled 'not invited to friends wedding in a park' or some such thing, several dozen threads appeared on various sites.  Good times.
  • adk19 said:
    Jen4948 said:

Holy shit, why? 

She needed serious help and/or had too much time on her hands. Many suspected she may have been on the Autism spectrum for her lack of ability to read social cues.

She claimed she was the "only member of her church" to not get an invite, complained that she just wanted to celebrate with her "friends" and didn't understand why no one liked her.  Subsequent posts on other boards and some here involved how to find a job, her mom wouldn't let her watch tv, her mom took away her cell phone and on and on.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • adk19 said:
    adk19 said:
    Jen4948 said:

Holy shit, why? 
    She really, really, really didn't understand why EVERYONE was invited to this wedding except for her.  She obviously was lacking in basic social skills and just couldn't find a place to get the answer she wanted.  Over at the tree house we managed to make her think we were on her side, told her she should go, got her to PM one of the members to get help with a wedding gift, and eventually someone got the name of the bride whose wedding was going to be crashed by a crazy acquaintance in order to warn said bride.  But, yeah, for a while there if you googled 'not invited to friends wedding in a park' or some such thing, several dozen threads appeared on various sites.  Good times.
    --preemptive boxing--

I feel so bad for that bride!  I can't imagine getting a note like that, saying someone was planning on crashing like that.  How weird.  I wondered if she was just a troll until this. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I thought Jash was a troll but why does it feel like some kind of Nigerian Craigslist scam?
  • If you google, there are posts from March 2013 and July 2013.  My favorites are from the bodybuilding forum - they're a succinct bunch.
  • DarthV8rDarthV8r member
    edited June 2015
    Besides Tay and Jash what other trollz are infamous on the knot?
  • Besides Tay and Jash what other trollz are infamous on the knot?
    Wasn't there like a butter beans? butter scotch? Some kind of beans bullshit? 
  • Who is Tay? Trying to search through old threads, and finding plenty of tay-cray, but also a ridiculous number of hits for stay, taylor swift, and par-tay.

• Jellybean? That was a troll?!
  • DarthV8rDarthV8r member
    edited June 2015
    bizzy592 said:
    Who is Tay? Trying to search through old threads, and finding plenty of tay-cray, but also a ridiculous number of hits for stay, taylor swift, and par-tay.

Futuremrstay on the nest too. I remember she found a dead hamster in her hamper and was naming her baby BETHANNNY or something similar with crazy spelling.
  • Never mind - I have found her. And will spend the rest of the day catching up.
  • jacques27 said:
    If you google, there are posts from March 2013 and July 2013.  My favorites are from the bodybuilding forum - they're a succinct bunch.
    I googled "not invited to friend's wedding in a park" and so. much. stuff came up! Holy shit... wow. 
  • bizzy592 said:
    Who is Tay? Trying to search through old threads, and finding plenty of tay-cray, but also a ridiculous number of hits for stay, taylor swift, and par-tay.

Tay Prince is super old school - like 5 years ago maybe.  A lot of her posts have disappeared, but she was amazing.  

• JAshleys point was that the wedding was in a park and so they couldn't technically stop her going. She was the only church member not invited and one of the others had given her the info.

Everyone thought she was a troll but as time went on and more an more posts appeared all over the internet, I think most people ended up just thinking she needed (lots of) help.
  • jacques27 said:
    If you google, there are posts from March 2013 and July 2013.  My favorites are from the bodybuilding forum - they're a succinct bunch.
    I googled "not invited to friend's wedding in a park" and so. much. stuff came up! Holy shit... wow. 

• Just found the Tay Prince stuff.... wowza.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsdee15 said:
    Just found the Tay Prince stuff.... wowza. 

BOX?

Yes!  I spent more time than I'm willing to admit reading through it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards