Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

House Rental for Ceremony and Reception

My fiance & I were hoping to change things up a bit and rent a large house somewhere on the east end of Long Island, NY to hold our ceremony and reception. We found the perfect house but have since been advised that the property managers booked the house with a different client the weekend we were hoping for. :(

Would anyone be able to suggest any sites or wedding planners that might be able to help us find our dream wedding house?

Thanks for your help and guidance! :) 

Re: House Rental for Ceremony and Reception

• i would go to the NY boards.  This is an international board.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    lbevis02 said:
    My fiance & I were hoping to change things up a bit and rent a large house somewhere on the east end of Long Island, NY to hold our ceremony and reception. We found the perfect house but have since been advised that the property managers booked the house with a different client the weekend we were hoping for. :(

Would anyone be able to suggest any sites or wedding planners that might be able to help us find our dream wedding house?

Thanks for your help and guidance! :) 
    Where on the east end of Long Island are you planningon?  What season?  Be aware that as you get further out there are very few, if any hotels.  If you plan to get married in the summer, these hotels will cost your guests easily 3X what they would cost in the off season.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards