Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Signature Cocktail

We will be offering beer and wine at our wedding reception but I have also started thinking about bringing in one signature cocktail as well. The lodge we are getting married at was used when filming the movie The Shining and I thought it would be fun to do a red rum drink in honor of that. My thought was to have a "welcome" cocktail available before the ceremony, then should I keep them available through the reception if we decide to do this?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Signature Cocktail

• I am not a huge rum fan so I don't have an opinion either way on the actual drink. But whatever you decide to serve, you should serve the entire night, not just for a portion of the night.

• Yes, you should serve whatever you decide on the entire night.

Red rum drinks:
    Bacardi- white rum, lime juice, grenadine
    Pomegranate daiquiri- white rum, lime juice, pomegranate juice
    I don't remember what this is called, but it's DELICIOUS- apple brandy, dark rum, grenadine, lime juice.
  • I bartend weddings for a catering company on the side; if your guests like the signature drink, they will request it all night.

I don't know anything about The Shining, but I can probably come up with lots of red drinks:).  The last wedding had an adult shirley temple:  champagne, concentrated cherry juice with a splash of vodka, sprite and simple syrup with a cherry in the flute.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards