Outdoor Weddings

Closed

13»

Re: Closed

• Heffalump said:
    I just think it's interesting that the OP closed the thread, and then came back anyway.
    Well she had to rub it in our faces that she was right and we were wrong and nanny-nanny-boo-boo!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Well, I wanted to update everyone because I am guessing a few of you were wondering what happened. The Friday night before Saturday there were heavy thunderstorms. We were concerned about the rain more so than the heat so we had a back-up plan, but decided to see what would happen the day of the wedding. Turns out Saturday was the coolest day of the week at 82 degrees, and 20% humidity. The weatherman said it was the first cold front that hit us in weeks, so we were so blessed it came on the day of the wedding. 

We had our outdoor reception and it was beautiful outside. The ground soaked up the water from the night before and we had a nice cool breeze. Nobody complained about the weather and nobody asked to come inside the house. People were telling me that I was so lucky that the weather cooperated with our wedding, and we felt so blessed. I will say we prayed very much for good weather, and God answered our prayers, to which I am very thankful. Husband and I had a magical night and we absolutely enjoyed ourselves. :) I would love to post pictures, but not sure if that's a good idea here :P Everything worked out perfectly and I couldn't ask for a more perfect wedding. 
    Personally I like to think that God has better things to do than worry about weather for people's weddings... same goes for when people pray about football or other sport games... I mean there are children dying, people being abused, wars going on and all those seem like good things to pray about... but maybe that's just me...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Even with 20% humidity, being outside in 82 degrees with no option to go inside sounds miserable to me in a nice dress. I would still sweat and potentially ruin my good clothes, which would piss me off. I like my nice clothes and paid good money for them. And my BF would be bitching up a storm about it.
  • Well, I wanted to update everyone because I am guessing a few of you were wondering what happened. The Friday night before Saturday there were heavy thunderstorms. We were concerned about the rain more so than the heat so we had a back-up plan, but decided to see what would happen the day of the wedding. Turns out Saturday was the coolest day of the week at 82 degrees, and 20% humidity. The weatherman said it was the first cold front that hit us in weeks, so we were so blessed it came on the day of the wedding. 

We had our outdoor reception and it was beautiful outside. The ground soaked up the water from the night before and we had a nice cool breeze. Nobody complained about the weather and nobody asked to come inside the house. People were telling me that I was so lucky that the weather cooperated with our wedding, and we felt so blessed. I will say we prayed very much for good weather, and God answered our prayers, to which I am very thankful. Husband and I had a magical night and we absolutely enjoyed ourselves. :) I would love to post pictures, but not sure if that's a good idea here :P Everything worked out perfectly and I couldn't ask for a more perfect wedding. 
    Personally I like to think that God has better things to do than worry about weather for people's weddings... same goes for when people pray about football or other sport games... I mean there are children dying, people being abused, wars going on and all those seem like good things to pray about... but maybe that's just me...
    Add the fact that Mother Nature who controls the weather, not God.

Well actually, neither of them control the weather.  Weather is just due to changes in the atmosphere and all that other scientific stuff that is above my pay grade.

• edited July 2015

I wanted to add a few quick things: the outdoor reception began at 6:00 p.m.. It ended when people started to leave a little pass 11:00 (yes, we had fun partying! haha) It cooled down even more pass 7:00. We had large fans around the yard just in case, and our wedding programs were fans, so I believe that may have helped a little, but nobody used the program fans. So yes, everything worked out beautifully and we didn't have to rush anyone to the hospital for heat stroke :)

Still a pretty big risk to take...since it's not just the outside temperature that causes heat stroke but instead the heat index combined with age, body-type, and other individual specific factors.  And when 80 degrees is considered a cold front....I just can't even with that one!!!  :)
    **edited for formatting issues!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards