Snarky Brides

Last minute additions to the guest list?!?

I'm 10 days out from getting married.

I tried searching for this topic but couldn't find anything, maybe I have my blinders on (please forgive me haha)...anyways...

Our caterer has all the final numbers now. However, I've learned a cousin on FH's side has just started dating a guy. When we sent her invite, it was for her and her child only, as she was not seeing anyone at that time. In fact, this new relationship happened yesterday, so very last minute.

My question is this... do I try to squeeze this man of hers in or leave it as her and her child only? What's the best way to go about this?

I need some more wine-a-hol. Lol.

Re: Last minute additions to the guest list?!?

• If it were me, I'd ask the caterer if I could add one more person.  They may have built in a buffer anyway.

On the other hand, though, do you know if this SO even wants to come?  A family wedding ten days after you start dating someone is a little heavy.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Call the caterer. At 10 days out, I highly doubt they've even purchased ingredients yet. I'm positive they can manage to make one extra meal. In fact, if they're smart they're already planning to make a few extra because that's just good planning.
  • Why don't you call your cousin first?
    "Is this a guy that you'd want to bring to a wedding? We're 10 days out so I honestly don't know if I can squeeze in an extra plate, but just let me know if you want to try. I can't promise anything. Regardless, can't wait to meet him some time!"

• Call the caterer. At 10 days out, I highly doubt they've even purchased ingredients yet. I'm positive they can manage to make one extra meal. In fact, if they're smart they're already planning to make a few extra because that's just good planning.
    This. We will have 95 people at our wedding (including 14 kids under 10), plus 4 vendors to feed. Our caterer is preparing enough food (buffet) for 100 people, but I know from ALL of their reviews that there is ALWAYS leftover food. Most caterers err on the side of too much food.

I am ALSO 10 days out (June 20th, woot!). I feel you on last-minute guest changes, though. FI has a cousin who basically said to plan for him to come with his kid, but he may not be able to because of work and I don't think he will know for sure until, like, the day before. He went as far as to offer to pay for his meal if he cannot attend - which earned him a "Oh hell no, you won't!" Because, no. 

FI's aunt broke up with her boyfriend a couple of days ago, so he won't be attending. And our friend's mom's boyfriend backed out last minute, so she is bringing her adult daughter (which is fine with us, we would have invited her if we had the budget, and it doesn't change our numbers).

My only frustration is that I REALLY want to get all of our last-minute shit done this week, but I am afraid to write out the seating chart when people keep changing their plans.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards