Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Mexican/American DIY music order

Ok, so I am of Mexican descent and enjoy Spanish speaking music a lot as does a lot of my family. We will be going the DIY music route and wanted to know from other brides (and if anyone is or knows a DJ that has advice on multicultural weddings) on how you would go about the music order. I LOVE LOVE LOVE both english and spanish. I will dance to pretty much anything. We started making a list of music and asked others for what they wanted to hear. In my head, I thought it would make sense to to a few Spanish then a few English, few Spanish, few English. So switching back and forth and ending with music that I know both sides will dance to like generic party music like LMFAO, etc. How did you music play out at your wedding or what advice do you have on the order of music? I don't think it's a huge deal as I know both sides will dance to each others music but for those who will on'y dance to specific types of music-what do you think?

Re: Mexican/American DIY music order

• edited June 2015
    I think it makes sense to do a few of each and alternate.  We're not having dancing as a focus of our reception (a brunch event), but we do think some people may hear a song they like and get up and dance.

We're doing the same thing except we're "grouping" a few slow and a few fast songs together and alternating back and forth.  That way if people do get up to dance to a certain "kind" of song, they have a few in a row that may keep them there. 

I went to one wedding where I felt like every OTHER song or so I wanted to dance to and that seemed weird. By the time I got back to my seat, I wanted to get up again... 

You could group yours that way as well but maybe do s/t like FAST SONGS:  English, English Spanish, Spanish, English, SLOW SONGS:  Spanish, Spanish, English.

ETF:  my English
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards