Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Invites that Never Arrived

edited June 2015 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
We sent out our invites about 5 weeks ago.  We invited an elderly relative of my Fi's and her two grown daughters.  The women were each sent their own invitation addressed to their homes.   I received the RSVP for the older relative with a note stating she could not go because there was no one to bring her (she stated her older daughter, her caregiver, was not invited).   We invited both her daughters and I mailed them invites.   I feel like a complete jerk because it looks like we excluded the oldest daughter, but we didn't. 

I plan to call the relative this evening, but I don't know what to say.  We invited her, but the invitation never arrived.  I feel like it's going to look like we're trying to invite her late and that's not the case.   Any suggestions on how to handle the situation? 

Re: Invites that Never Arrived

• Options
    "Omg I just found out your invite didn't arrive! I sent it to [this address] on [date] I'm so sorry it didn't make it to you. I didn't realize until Mrs. X said she couldn't come because you weren't invited. Of course I'd love for you both to be there."
  • Options
    Just call and explain what happened.  Our MC (who lived one street behind my parents - where I was living while still in school and had sent the invites from) never received our invite.  His mom worked with MIL and she told MIL that her son had mentioned something about being asked to be our MC, but then never being invited.  We sent a new invite.  My grandma called my mom furious that my aunt wasn't invited.  She also never received the invite.  My mom told grandma that she had seen the invite made out and with a stamp on it.  It just never got there. It happens.  I think it happens much more than people think.
  • Options
    Yes, just call and explain what happened. No big deal.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards