Not Engaged Yet
Options

etiquette help - wedding card

jenjen047jenjen047 member
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited June 2015 in Not Engaged Yet
i know the boards are quiet on the weekend but wanted to post this while its on my mind.

i am going to my cousins wedding in 2 weeks and i ordered a gift from the registry, which is being shipped directly to their house (should arrive in about 2 weeks, so probably right before or after the wedding) along with a gift note. i also bought a card so i could write a more lengthy note and will bring the card to the wedding to give to the couple. should i mention in the card something about the gift, such as "i hope you enjoy the pillowcases!" so they know there is a gift en route (in case it hasnt arrived by the wedding day) or is that tacky/unnecessary? i just dont want them to open the card and think i didnt get them a gift until my gift arrives and/or they get around to opening gifts.

thanks in advance!

ETA: i did browse the E board looking for a thread related to this, but didnt see one in the first few pages of posts.

Re: etiquette help - wedding card

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I think I'd do it just for the sake of mentioning it. That way just in case for some reason they don't receive the gift they'll know its ok to follow up with you and say "hey jenjen, the pillow cases never made it to us".

• Options
    Ditto at @labro, I would mention it so if for some reason your gift never gets to them they can contact you or if it isn't clear that you sent it they can connect you to the gift.

• Options
    Yep @labro is smart. We had two gifts without tags (not shipped to us though- yours is more likely to have a tag haha) so any hints are helpful :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
  • Options
    @labro is very wise. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards