Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Your thoughts?

I made this and  I used a light ivory color to make the flower and a dark ivory lace ribbon for the band.  Do the colors look okay or do you think the light ivory is just too light?

It still needs some work to smooth it out and I will probably make 10 others before I get exactly what I want, but it is a start.

imageimage

Re: Your thoughts?

• Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

I don't like that flower and headband being a different shade. I'd make one with the same color and see if that is better.

But then again the big flower headband makes me think of the ones you see on babies and toddlers all the time and I'm not sure I like it for a wedding so I'm probably the wrong person to comment. 

• Options
    kvruns said:

I don't like that flower and headband being a different shade. I'd make one with the same color and see if that is better.

But then again the big flower headband makes me think of the ones you see on babies and toddlers all the time and I'm not sure I like it for a wedding so I'm probably the wrong person to comment. 

All of this.  I'm probably the wrong person to comment too...

• Options
    I agree with previous posters. Stick to one shade and then maybe something a little smaller for the flower or broach thing?
  • Options
    I most likely will, I think I will try another color all together.  Thanks!
  • Options
    I love the contrasting shades. It gives the whole thing depth.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did as well, but the lighter shade almost looks white next to the darker one in some lights.  I think I am going to try a few different colors and  combinations.  It is a learning experience!  
  • Options
    It's just personal taste. My dress is an awkwardly in-between color where white accessories make it look creamy and ivory accessories make it look white--no accessories actually match it. But I don't mind; I like the contrast. IMO if you want to keep experimenting, that's great, but do it because it's fun, not because you're letting perfect matchiness drive you crazy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    spglspspglsp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I'm going to try to be gentle because I think it's so awesome that you're making this yourself and you're clearly talented: I think you have too much happening here. You have four kinds of fabric with different textures paired with a large amount of bling which can be a bit much for one accessory. I'm thinking the textures and the size of the floral bling might be impacting the appearance more than the color contrast. Then again, I may also be the wrong person
    Just Married!

• Options
    This piece looks like it would be a lot of fun to wear. I know many brides who would love the different shades because it adds depth and gives it a shabby chic vibe, though it is not my personal taste (the different shades). I love the flower and veil!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I appreciate the feedback from everyone, it gives me a lot to think about as well as each point brought up by everyone.

Just have to see where it goes from here.

Thanks <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards