Not Engaged Yet

Random and Rainy Wednesday

Are you affected by or going to be affected by the storm Bill?  It should hit here today and we're expecting more flooding.  Fun stuff!

H and I were watching the Copa America last night (Uruguay vs. Argentina).  The announcers we were listening to are hilarious.  Last night one of them said that something was as "sloppy as a soup sandwich" (in a UK accent) and it was absolutely hilarious.  Also, the one goal that was made (by Argentina) was apparently "righteous".  The announcers were more entertaining to me than the game itself.

I have a massage tonight!!  I am so excited.  Hopefully it doesn't hurt as much as the last one did.

So what's up today?

Re: Random and Rainy Wednesday

• @TwoDimes - I hope you're able to check out the outside locations today.
  • Morning, ladies.  I'm dragging.  AF made her appearance on Monday and holy hell its knocked me out.  H was trying to be all cheery this morning and I just wanted to smack him.  Does that make me a bad wife?  Hey, I still got up, made his breakfast, took care of the dog and watered the garden so that counts for something, right?  

@CocoBellaF - Have a wonderful massage! My massage on Sunday was heavenly.  I'm hoping you get the same.  

@TwoDimes - Pictures, pictures, pictures of the venues please!
  • I am NOT eagerly awaiting the arrival of the tropical storm.  4-8 more inches of rain?  Ugh!  It has nowhere to go anymore! 

I wanted to paint more furniture today, but there is no way that's happening with all the rain, so I guess I'll wait.  I did finish 2 pieces yesterday, but I'm still waiting for them to dry completely so I can move them inside (and then I'll AW pictures!).

Today I teach Aqua Zumba (Zumba in the pool).  It will only be my second class ever, and it'a  big deal because I am TERRIFIED of water.  Prior to the first class on Monday, I hadn't been in a swimming pool in probably 5 years.  But I'm in to stretching my comfort zone these days and so it's been fun.

Also today, I will probably do anything I can think of to avoid grading the exams I got yesterday.  Because grading is not fun, and I wish I didn't have to do it.
  • @minskat30 - My period started yesterday and I was like that.  Thankfully I'm not as irritable today!!!  Doesn't make you a bad wife, just makes you a woman on her cycle.  :)  

@futuremrshistorian - I think you all are supposed to get the brunt of the rain, right?  I bet you are not looking forward to that.  Stay safe!!  And have fun at Aqua Zumba... it sounds fun/hilarious.
  • Morning, ladies! 

I was off work the last two days, just wasn't feeling very well. 

My party on Saturday was amazing! Everyone raved over my chicken skewers and sangria and the cake I ordered for H's birthday. A lot of H's family came which was so great. I had a really nice time :) 

Not much going on here. Tomorrow is H's 30th so we might go out to dinner or we might just stay home and relax. Not sure what he feels like doing. We aren't doing gifts this year since we're going to SA later this summer but I still have to pick up a card. 

I caught up on Wayward Pines yesterday and OMG I really like this show! Does anyone else watch?

• @Swazzle, are you feeling better today?  I'm glad your party went over well.  I want to do something like that later this summer.  Did you have your mason jars up?
  • @futuremrshistorian - Water zumba sounds like so much fun (well, for those not terrified of water).  Good for you for branching out like that!  

@Swazzle - Happy early birthday to your H!  
  • @swazzle hope you are feeling better.

@minsat30 Sorry for CD1, that always sucks.

@cocobellaF Not sure if we will get anything from the tropical storm, or if it will make it out this way.  Hope you don't get too much rain.

@twodimes I hope you get to see the venue and choose the outdoor location for the ceremony. 

My allergies are just awful today.  My nose is all congested.  It's not fun.  I take my exam in 5 weeks.  I'm pretty nervous already.  I am just not sure if it's enough time to be ready honestly.  I hope I am wrong.  I don't want to push back the testing date either.  I'm trying so hard to keep focused when I do study.  I can't wait for the studying to be over and catch up on so much stuff.  I can't wait to read for fun again too. 

Anniversary

• No rain here but we got dumped on yesterday. I honestly like when it rains on days that I have to work, it's less busy so I have more time to clean lol.

Yesterday I finished all of my Stats homework and started my final, which I can save and work on at any time. I honestly will probably fail it though even though I'm taking my time and focusing on it, I've barely passed all my other exams so far... I just don't have a math brain and even though I use the resources given to me I usually only get part of the question right. Anyway, today I am finishing my assignment for Microeconomics before work and then I'm gonna study for THAT final for the rest of the week since I can't save it like the other one. Saturday needs to speed right along so I can finally be done!
  • No rain here today, but we could get some storms on Friday.

@twodimes, crossing my fingers for sunshine!

@minskat30, it absolutely does not make you a bad wife.

@swazzle, happy early birthday to your H!

@hummingbird125, yay new stuff!
    ---
    Today I have the accreditation report to finish. Tonight I'm going to do some laundry and keep working on the report - odds are I won't finish it during the work day. Otherwise life looks quiet.
  • hahahah @untouchablets i knew there was someone else who had recently had a NEY dream!
  • Hi Everybody!!

Just checking in - work has been unbelievably busy!  I started a new position kind of --- I have my foot in 2 positions it feels like.  The new position was created kind of like this:
    Manager's:  We want you do do this
    Me:  How is that going to work, we really do have that
    Managers': But what if we did
    Me:  It'd be a great opportunity
    Manager's:  Great, because we already sold it

So I get to create the position - which is kind of exciting and a little scary at the same time (it's basically hosted system administration for our software offerings - if that makes sense).

Nessie - dog went to the groomers, and I think something happened there.  Whenever she lowers her head to the ground she jumps up and just seems uncomfortable (I think she seems off balance - my parents thought it was more of a pain type thing).  H and I have poked and prodded and gently even pulled her legs just to get a reaction - she played with us and acted all like herself while we were doing this.  It's only when she lowers her head to get like a treat off the floor or a drink or eat - the rest of the time she is fine.  She's still interested in food and water, not throwing up and is really acting like herself EXCEPT when she lowers her head to the ground.  I put in a call to the groomer just to see if they'd let me know if anything happened.  She did take a tumble out of the car when we got home (but again, I'm wondering if she was off balance).  I am right now just giving her a light pain killer that my holistic vet recommended -  just wondering if it might even be like a pinched nerve in her shoulders/neck.  I'll give her a day or two - it seemed a little better this morning.

Hope to check in with you guys today!!  I've been trying to follow as much as possible.

Anniversary
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Morning, everyone!

I am not feeling great this morning, but we've been sleeping like shit since we got the new furniture. It's a combination of rotating the mattress (it's more comfy now, but it feels different) and changing the room's configuration.

We should be getting file folders for the office today, and on my way home, I'm going to pick up a piece of wood to replace the shelf in the office closet so we can actually store things in the closet again.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Oh btw guys I think I'm crossing some BSC lines and need to be reeled back in. I am lucky to have a BF who knows not to take me seriously when I joke about this stuff and I've been MUCH better about not bringing it up lately but last night I asked him if he wanted to stay the night and he was like "forever?" and I basically (dramatically) acted like he had proposed like "YOU MEAN LIVE TOGETHER OMG YES AND YES I WILL MARRY YOU YES" and he just blinked at me and laughed and was like "no thats not how it's supposed to happen" so I was like "don't worry you can propose to me for real any time you want"

I mean I was just kidding and he knew it (he has fake proposed to me before btw, and I also knew it was a joke and said no lol) but I don't WANT to be compelled to joke like that ya know? I am comfortable with the fact that we are waiting to do all that stuff until we finish school but I think I'm just getting impatient for time to pass more than anything... I've mentioned before that I want to start some time-consuming hobbies to help with that but basically I am waiting for this term to end before I start any big projects so its just festering.
  • @jenjen047 a licensing exam for work.  I figured better to get this done before life gets a bit crazier.

Anniversary

• @jenjen047 Lol, I'm sure it would be ok if you googled it but it's basically a large bandeau/bustier that you wear when you're pumping. It has two flaps that cover holes in the bustier where your nipples are. Those holes are where you would connect the pumps. I received a double electric pump through my insurance so I can be hands free while I pump at work or at home.

They look kind of funny but they are genius! You can continue typing/working/whatever you're doing for 20-30 minutes while pumping is going on.
  • @southernpeach89 - ahhh ok makes sense!! im all for anything being hands-free.

@peaseblossom55 - ahh ok! well sending you positive vibes for the next 5 weeks!!

@untouchablets - im not sure what to say because my advice would be to start a hobby or something to distract you and you already know that :) if you have been browsing anything wedding/engagement related on pinterest, TK, etc. you need to stop. that only feeds the obsession. i used to browse things on pinterest but i found that only made me impatient. since ive stopped i fell much more zen.
  • I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I hit the snooze button  3 or 4 times before I actually got up. Probably because it's Wednesday and I hate Wednesdays because we have to do dumb-ass training that is so poorly put together I rarely get anything out of it.

BF and I watched the finale for Game of Thrones last night. It was crazy and now I'm sad that it's over and there's no more for 10 months. 10 episodes a season is not enough! I'm going to read the books over the summer though so that should help with my GoT withdrawal but I don't really want to go past where they are in the show so I'll probably only read the first couple of books.

• @southernpeach89 you will have to report back on how the nursing bustier works! 

Anniversary

• @Minskat30 I want to Kiss Rajah's Face!!!
  • @jenjen047 thanks!

@minskat30 yea it's a lot, on top of real bad nausea and exhaustion.  It will all be worth it though.

Anniversary

• @southernpeach89 - Ha!  He'd kiss you right back!  
  • @minksat30 - Best compliment ever <3 Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards