Wedding Woes

how old do you think she is?

I have been with my boyfriend for seven years now. He is an excellent man and I feel lucky to be with him.

That being said, it is becoming painful to continuously attend our friends’ weddings (all of whom have been together much, much less time than we have).

I know this is childish but I feel resentment toward him because I want to get married so badly (to him).

Every time we get invited to a wedding I feel sick. It’s always, “When are you two getting married?” and I want to lash out at him. Obviously I’m feeling insecure, as if I’m not good enough. I’ve talked and talked to him, and he claims that putting a title on our relationship isn’t important — at least to him.

It’s so tough, but should I throw away my life’s wish and not get married because he doesn’t feel like it, or should I break up with him, because, let’s face it, if it hasn’t happened by now I assume it never will.

Re: how old do you think she is?

And oh girl, he's just not that into you.  DTMF and move on. 
  • High school sweethearts probably, 24-25.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I’m almost 31, and I’m definitely NOT looking to be a 40-year-old bride. Do you have any words of wisdom for me? -- Always a Bridesmaid
  • hmonkey said:
    I’m almost 31, and I’m definitely NOT looking to be a 40-year-old bride. Do you have any words of wisdom for me? -- Always a Bridesmaid
    [gasp] A 40 year old bride?!  Quelle horreur!
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2015
    Heh.  So she stuck with her college BF even though he's always had one eye looking out for 'better' candidates.  

Also, she's going to hang on for 9 MORE YEARS of this?  MFEO

#4motherfuckingmen
  • I'm not willing to scream at the man.  There are people out there who don't want to be "married", but exist quite happily in long term, stable, supportive relationships that are just as good, bad, and better than the legal marriage.

BUT, if she wants to get married, she needs to find someone else who does too or change her tune.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    VarunaTT said:
    I'm not willing to scream at the man.  There are people out there who don't want to be "married", but exist quite happily in long term, stable, supportive relationships that are just as good, bad, and better than the legal marriage.

BUT, if she wants to get married, she needs to find someone else who does too or change her tune.
    Yep.  I dated a man like this.  He was a good, good man and I loved him to pieces.  Except, he never wanted marriage or kids.  It broke my heart, but it had to end.  He started dating a woman shortly after our break up 18 years ago and is still with her. 
  • I was going to say 40. Ha
  • I would have said no older than 25, dating the same guy since hs. 

Although, my sister is going to be 30 this year, and was freaking out a year or two ago about how she's getting too old and would be a childless old maid.... (I basically gave her a 'ho sit down' card and told her to enjoy her life) 
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015

He wants to play house, she doesn't, she needs to move on... NEXT!  Poop or get off the pot...  Quit wasting her fertile years...

(my guess was 27-32...)

• MesmrEwe said:

He wants to play house, she doesn't, she needs to move on... NEXT!  Poop or get off the pot...  Quit wasting her fertile years...

(my guess was 27-32...)

oh dear Lord.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards