Flowers
Options

How to choose a florist

I was going through the flyers/ads from florists I have collected from bridal shows. Since its been a long time since my last bridal show, I don't remember any specific vendor. Even when I'm at the shows, none of the vendors stand out to me. I'm sure they're all great but how do I know which one is right for my wedding? What was it about a certain florist that stood out to you?

Re: How to choose a florist

• Options
    I would first look to see the relative location to you venue. Then call and get pricing for the options you think you will want. Once you have found the florists that are in your budget, go meet with them and see what their services include. Do they bring your flowers and arrangements and set up for you? Are you responsible for picking up the flowers? Once you have determined which florists meet or needs and budget ask to see some pictures from their portfolio. Show them pictures of things you like and make sure they are able and comfortable doing that.

I did not use a florist. We bought our flowers from Costco and did the arrangements ourselves.

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    In addition to what PP's said, I'd ask your venue for florist recommendations and/or pictures of previous weddings they've hosted so you can see the florist's work. They may have some insight into who was good, who was not so good, extra levels of service provided, etc.

Personally, I wasn't a fan of any vendor I met at the bridal show I went to. I found all of my vendors through word of mouth personal recommendations and it made me feel a lot happier and more confident in the quality of their services.

• Options
    Those are amazing suggestions, Ladies! I hadn't considered any asking my venue and seeing what is around my venue. Thank you.
  • Options
    I agree with the other PP's going with recommendations from friends or relatives who had their wedding at the venue you are planning to use or a place nearby would be ideal. Or if you are the creative type and have lots of time to spare you can buy the flowers and arrange them yourself.
  • Options

I knew when I had the right one by my gut feeling. Some vendors we left with just a so so feeling. They had pictures of stuff and when I said I didn't want a bouquet that was so orange, a few were like, what would you like to replace and with what. When I found a florist who I went to and said, this is my budget and I want a bouquet full of beautiful fall colors, and he started pulling different things together for a quick sample and I got excited, I knew I found the right one.

I was referred to my florist by some friends that had used him before. Believe it or not, one of the things that appealed to all of us about this florist is that he refused to give my one friend the flowers that she wanted. I know, everyone is like, why would you go with a florist that won't give you what you want. It was because she wanted Tulips in May and he said, he wouldn't do them because depending on the temps that day, she would be lucky if they didn't wilt by the end of the ceremony & would look bad in the photos then & he wasn't going to put his name on that. So he helped her to find other flowers that gave her the feel that she was going for with the tulips and her flowers looked beautiful and lasted for days.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards