Not Engaged Yet

Thursday - $10 Woman

Re: Thursday - $10 Woman

• @eilis1228 - Thanks :) I think she's really just stressed out about the medical stuff but of course she insists that's not it. It's easier to just let her do what she wants, she usually doesn't follow through with stuff like this.

• @Eilis1228 We're flying into Austin October 2nd and then heading up to San Antonio until October 6th. My cousin is getting married on October 5th, the Monday. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @Swazzle - Sinister is one of the scariest newer horror movies I've seen! That lawnmower thing? I screamed. LOUD. I've mentioned that movie on this board before though. I guess my recommendations MEAN NOTHING TO YOU!

@untouchablets - My freakin ex keeps sending me requests now that he is not engaged anymore. I don't accept or reject them, yet I keep getting notifications that he's asking me again? I don't understand.

@jenjen047 - AHHHH! How exciting! Honestly, it would calm me down to find something like that because I'd at least know he was on track to propose. 6 prong Tiffany, eh? DELICIOUS.

@TwoDimes - I'm so glad you found your venue! It looks beautiful, and a smooth walking path is definitely not something to take for granted. I've seen bridesmaids fall flat on their face, and I personally broke both shoes at one outdoor wedding with uneven ground.

@bethsmiles - I'm so glad to hear your friend dumped that guy. It sounded like bad news all around.

---------------------------------------------

I got sunburned again. :( Not nearly as bad this time, but geez, I need to remember to keep applying sunscreen. I wish I wasn't so pale. I had a blast at the beach yesterday with my family. My dog went absolutely crazy with happiness, and slept the whole ride home without even shifting around.

How cool would our $10 bill look if we put Amy Winehouse on there? Have there been any jokes about it being Caitlyn Jenner yet?............ I'm a big Eleanor Roosevelt fan, myself. But some African American representation would be great.

• @bethsmiles I was thinking that too, but it sounds like you're handling it well. Sending you tons of vibes!

@caseface5 Are you staying in Austin overnight by chance? Austin is about 3 hours from me, San Antonio is about 5 hours... I checked the calendar, and we don't have anything going on that weekend, so FI and I could drive down to Austin on October 3 if you'll still be there. One of his favorite burger places is an Austin-only franchise, so it'd be pretty easy to convince him to go. lol.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Eilis1228 Possibly. The guys are going out that night I think, so I would be free too! I will let you know once I find out a little more!! I will have a rent a car too so I could meet you somewhere too!
    friends tv show funy
  • @caseface5 Great! Just keep me updated :) I lived in Austin for about 5 years, so let me know if you or your BF need any recommendations for bars or restaurants.

• @futuremrshistorian - I am feeling like it's a blah sort of day myself.  STILL raining here.
  • @goldenpenguin Congratulations lady!!! We work with a bunch of global PR companies, I wonder if it is one of the ones we use (which could mean we could possibly be working together) 
  • @GoldenPenguin - CONGRATS! That is awesome news!

• @goldenpenguin - Wish I could "love" that post more than once!  Congrats!!!
  • @GoldenPenguin Congrats lady!! So happy for you! 
    friends tv show funy
  • @TwoDimes UGH I hate that they're charging you at all. That's awesome that you at least got them to come down significantly, but it's still ridiculous that they're charging you for something that wasn't included in your original agreement. 

• @GoldenPenguin - That is so exciting! I remember when I go to stop working weekends. It's such an incredible feeling! I genuinely believe it will make your life more fun. All that PTO is awesome too!

@TwoDimes - SMH. I totally knew that. It's my second Monday of the week. Please forgive me. . . I totally remember when you first showed us pictures of the venue. It's just been a while!

• @TwoDimes - I'm so sad I can't see anyone's countdowns! Whatever sites you get them from must be blocked by my IT. So I really never remember when anyone is getting married until someone gives a shout out in a post, haha.

• @jenjen047 Yay how exciting!

@GoldenPenguin Yay this sounds like an amazing opportunity!

Anniversary

• @AlPacina - You have?! 

@GoldenPenguin - I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER FOR YOU!!!!

• @goldenpenguin, congratulations!

I talked to my adviser today. While neither of us is happy, we discussed the data that will be missing and decided it really wouldn't have added too much to the work. I'm still really angry that my committee member blew me off, but I've decided to take today to work through the rest of my anger and then let it go.
  • @aurorarose41 keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @GoldenPenguin I couldn't possibly be happier for you right now!!! Unless you told me you were also getting a golden puppy. That might make me even happier. I am SO EXCITED! Please come to Atlanta soon on your new salary with all your vacay days!!!!

• @aurorarose41 - glad to hear about the project and the job opening! fingers crossed for you!!

@keptinstitches - glad you wont have to recreate all the missing data! i give you credit for letting it go. i would let it fester for weeks.
  • edited June 2015
    @jenjen047 I'm right there with you, trying to keep my patient pants on! So exciting for you though! I don't know if knowing for sure that he has the ring would make me more or less impatient!!

@GoldenPenguin Congratulations!!!!

--------------------------------------------------

Today was the last day of school for the year! It's such a bittersweet feeling, and all day I was between laughing and wanting to burst into tears! So many feels!

Also, I need some advice/words of encouragement (long)! So I've been a lot better about not talking about wedding things in general, and especially to BF. We have these fancy dinner plans on Saturday night to celebrate the end of school (BF is at work today and tomorrow and works 24 hour shifts, so I won't see him until Saturday). I mentioned to BF the other day that some coworkers wanted to get our nails done this week to celebrate the end of school, and he said "I think you should wait...", which was super awkward and I didn't know how to respond except "Uh, okay". So naturally I texted one of my friends freaking out and wondering what that meant and whether he was going to propose this weekend.

OOPS. I forgot that my iPhone is synced to iMessage on my computer, which BF uses occasionally to check e-mail, etc..... I came home from work on Tuesday and saw my computer was open with iMessage (and my messages to my friend) right in plain sight. So I freaked out and first was angry that BF read my messages (although he wasn't snooping, they were just there and normally I wouldn't care AT ALL). Then I got super embarrassed because of the silly BSC things I was saying to my friend and I just started crying. BF was really supportive and comforting, and I kept saying that I felt like I ruined everything either way (if he was planning to propose, I ruined it, or if he wasn't, then I ruined our celebratory dinner by thinking he might). He promised me that I didn't ruin anything, but didn't say much else about Saturday. 

I thought that maybe if he wasn't going to propose, that he'd maybe tell me that to make sure I didn't get my hopes up. He did give me a gift card to get my nails done that he'd been planning to leave for me when he left for work this morning, which he bought back in May when he made the reservations for dinner... But now I don't know and I don't want to overthink ANYTHING anymore because I was just so embarrassed. He did say that it was definitely happening before August, so sometime in the next 6 weeks. I'm having a hard time not talking about it, but at least (hopefully) I can rant about it here and not feel so silly.
  • @knockonwood5127 I wasn't going to put this all out there but I will if it means helping someone else out. I also apologize in advance if this turns into a novel.

You really have to try to stop thinking about it all together. I know that is impossible to do, but you have to try. You have to look at it as he might do and and it might not, but either way you get a nice dinner with your BF and also a manicure!

This past weekend my parents, BF and I were all talking about going to Martha's Vineyard for my birthday. BF had said he wanted to go Saturday and not Sunday (which was my actual birthday). I found out that it was going to rain and they changed all the plans. I got upset about it, not just because I thought he would propose but also I really wanted to go there. That was the point when he told me that he also wanted that and that he was just trying to figure out a way to do it (propose) and that he had been on his mind a lot lately trying to figure out a plan. 

Saturday night we went out to dinner with my parents, cousin, and her kids. After dinner, my cousin left and we were just with my parents to watch the water fires. He kept trying to get me over the fence, and my parents stayed back. I had convinced myself that he was doing it this night because I saw a few signs leading up to this point and he also pretty much mentioned doing it. Before I knew it, he was crouched down, and my heart went wild. He was taking a picture... He stood back up after a few minutes and the whole thing was over. We left shortly after that.

The next day, it was all I could think about. I ruined my birthday being upset about it too. It's been almost three months since I found out he had the ring and I'm made myself upset about it more times than I care to admit. 

So as some advice from one NEY lady to another... Just get ready to go out to a nice dinner with your BF and enjoy the moment, whether it's the moment he proposes or not. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @caseface5 Thank you for sharing! I was doing such a good job until he brought up the whole nail thing, and he even "suggested" that I go today or tomorrow while he's at work, rather than just use it anytime. I am trying to convince myself that it's happening another time so that we can just enjoy celebrating the end of school! I appreciate your story - it helps to know I'm not the only one that's going through this! Thanks NEY :)
  • @knockonwood5127 Aw, that's tough! I definitely remember feeling that way. Honestly, at this point, the best thing you can do is just drop it. Just enjoy getting your nails done and having a nice dinner out with your BF to celebrate the end of the school year. Don't bring up engagement anymore. Just let it happen, especially since he's told you it will happen by X date. I know this is easier said than done-- my FI told me he would propose by October of last year, and by the time Memorial Day 2014 rolled around, I was chomping at the bit to be engaged. Shutting up and being patient is so difficult, but I promise it will be worth it in the long run. Like @caseface5 said, don't let this ruin your night out with your BF. Just try and relax and enjoy yourself. *hugs*

Also, as a PSA to anyone here waiting on a proposal...

Until he pops the question, don't assume he has the ring. Valentine's Day 2014-- FI had been dropping hints like crazy that he got me a ring. I lost my damn mind and looked through his email (it was open on his computer because he never closes tabs, and he wasn't home). I found an email from Gemvara and went nuts. The next day it dawned on me that I Gemvara makes more than rings. I snooped again, opened the email, and discovered it was a necklace. A very lovely necklace, but not a ring. I felt like an ass. I'd ruined my own Valentine's Day surprise by making assumptions. So, as a PSA, even if you find a receipt, do not assume it's a ring (with the exception of @jenjen047 who found the itemized receipt lol). But even with an itemized receipt, you don't know REALLY know that ring is for you. What if he bought it for a friend so the friend's SO didn't find it? Always assume it's something else until he gives you a ring.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards