Not Engaged Yet
Options

Weekend Recap and Moody Monday

Morning! I'm not actually moody today but I couldn't think of anything that begins with M and moody just seems appropriate for Monday. 

I had a nice weekend. Friday, I left work a little early and basically just relaxed for the rest of the night.

Saturday I ended up getting up and driving to my cousin's house in PA for my goddaughter's 2nd birthday party. She looked adorable. She's really into Minnie Mouse right now and she had a red and white polka dot dress and her curly red hair was in pigtails with a bow. I drove back home in the late afternoon and cooked my 3rd Blue Apron meal. It was delicious! H and I decided we're going to stick with it because we've loved everything we've cooked and it's so convenient and easy. After dinner, we had some drinks at home while we watched A Deadly Adoption (the Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig Lifetime movie). It was... hysterical. @hummingbird125 and I texted throughout and were cracking up over some of the parts. 

Yesterday, I got up early and cleaned, then H and I drove to the thrift shop. I found 3 of the 7 HP hardbacks and 2 of the 3 HG hardbacks. I think I spent around $20 total so it was a pretty good deal and I'm excited because I only own the e-books for both. We took SFIL out for an early dinner for Father's Day and then stopped for ice cream on our way home. I watched the premiere of True Detective last night and then went to bed. 

Not a whole lot going on today. H has hockey tonight and is in charge of cooking dinner because I'll get home too late to cook then eat before he has to leave. This is our 2nd week of doing Blue Apron and tonight we're having 'Seared Salmon & Preserved Lemon with Red Quinoa & Pea Shoots'. We'll see how he does! 

Also, this is my favorite week of the whole summer because BIG BROTHER RETURNS ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!!! 

Re: Weekend Recap and Moody Monday

• Options
    @hummingbird125 I love that carpet!!!
  • Options
    @Southernpeach89 - Awww, I love the gift you gave your H! That is adorable and he definitely qualifies for Father's Day. 

My mom showed me a card she found that was a Father's Day card FROM a dog to it's owner. It was SO CUTE and I'm sad I didn't see it/buy it for H - he would have loved it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I LOOOOOVE that carpet/rug, @Hummingbird125!!!!
  • Options
    jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    @southernpeach89 - that trifle looks delish! and what a sweet idea to treat H for Father's Day!

@hummingbird125 - love that rug!! ETA: i got BF one of those cards from our dog. it said "i poop you scoops. its like we were made for each other". he loved it and was totally surprised!!

@swazzle - blue apron sounds amazing!!

@cocobellaf - your poor dad! he will be in for a surprise!

my weekend was great but too short! thurs night BF and i drove down to my parents and i WFH on friday while he golfed all day. friday night we cooked dinner for my dad. saturday he and my dad golfed and then we had a big BBQ with friends. i got ridiculously drunk (whoops) and dont remember much from the party.
    yesterday BF was supposed to have a football game but it was cancelled due to rain so we went out to breakfast with my dad, mom, sister and sisters BF. then we drove back to our house and spent the rest of the day being lazy. i went off my diet this weekend and holy crap i think i ate about 5,000 calories yesterday. back at it today!

i was at breakfast when i read about @knockonwood5127 engagement. i threw myself a 10 second pity party and then decided i have nothing to be sad about. i was proud to be able to react that way. i think i imagined what all of you would say to me haha.
  • Options
    @Hummingbird125 That's so cute and awesome! I always forget to sign cards to DH from Maddux too. I feel bad because Maddux is part of the family so he should be included on the cards : ( I feel like a bad fur mommy.
  • Options
    I am an annoying fur mom.  My and H parents get cards/presents from the dogs, and they always sign with paw prints...  One big one (Bax), one medium one (Bella), and a tiny one (Cricket, while she's with us).  I even found an adorable Mother's Day card from the dogs (it said something like, Happy Mother's Day from the whole pack!).  I got it because my parents give us a hard time about having a pack of dogs.  It was adorable!
  • Options
    @Swazzle your goddaughter sounds adorable!

@SouthernPeach89 I am officially drooling at my desk!

@CocoBellaF That sucks that the place was closed when you got there!

@Hummingbird125 I love that rug!!

Friday night I got home from work and then headed over to my grandparents house for a bit. It was nice to see them since I haven't for a while. Then I went home and we just hung out around the house. 

Saturday BF got up early and was out of the house by 6 for his fishing tournament. I went back to sleep until about 9. I got up, washed the dishes, vacuumed the entire house (including under the sofas and coffee table), and did a few loads of laundry. After all that I got ready and headed over to my cousins. We headed up to Gillette stadium to grab a bite to eat and see the Monster trucks. We ate at Olive Garden and I got the chicken parm bread stick sandwich and it was SO disappointing!! But the Monster Trucks were so cool!! I really enjoyed it and we got to get about half their autographs after the show which made my 7 year old cousin so happy!

Yesterday we lounged around the house in the morning. We went to my parent's house for prime rib for fathers day and hung out there for a bit, and then we met up with BF's mom for dinner. After that we headed home, I finished up the last bit of laundry and also finished HP- Goblet of Fire. 

I'm so mad about it though because I knew I didn't have the 7th HP book and so I was looking and thought oh I need 6 & 7 so I ordered them on Amazon. They came, and it turns out I already had 6 and not 5. So now I am done with 4 and don't have 5 but have two 6. UGH! So I'm trying to find a way to get 5 quick!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF - Um... I think whenever H and I decide to actually start trying to GTFKU, I'm going to have to giv the same treatment to my mother, otherwise she'll never leave us alone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @Swazzle - Glad to hear you're enjoying Blue Apron!

@Southernpeach89 - The Donut Date sounds awesome!  The trifle looks amazing!!

@CocoBellaF - glad you were at least able to go to the farmer's market.

@Hummingbird125 - The rug looks great!

Morning ladies -- I'm on a loaner laptop at work until mine gets re-imaged.  

Friday H and I went to the Cleveland Gladiators game and watched them lose.  They just cannot win home games this year!

Saturday we worked on H's house for a bit.  They were calling for rain so I cut my lawn and did some of the trim work while H was working on his house.  In the evening we decided to go for a drive and just look at houses that are for sale.

Sunday we went to an open house before going to H's parent's house.  I wanted to see the lot size basically to see if I could live with a smaller lot.  It was a bust, the listing didn't say there was a drop off on the property so I couldn't get a good idea - the house was very very chopped up and kind of creepy.  The realtor lady just didn't listen when she asked us what we were looking for - just overall a bad experience.  Then we went to H's parent's for father's day.  H had to pack up - he has training this week and he'll be gone for a few days :( .

Anniversary
  • Options
    @Hummingbird125 - I almost told my parents that I was off the pill so they'd leave me alone, but we decided it would be more fun to punk them and give them the surprise of their life.  I told my mom the other day that after our 5 year anniversary trip next year to Canada that we would start thinking about kids.  It's a lie, but COME ON.  

O/T, I didn't sleep well last night so I was a little cranky this morning.  I'm listening to a video of my H singing on YouTube and now I'm in a good mood.  He had to sing for church last night (I accompanied him on the piano) and after church our friends that just moved back from Hawaii told us that he sounds like he belongs on a Disney movie because he has a very smooth voice.  So I had to listen to him again this morning, and maybe he could be a Disney prince!  What's a girl gotta do to get her H in a Disney movie???
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - You are the cutest ever. What a sweet way to celebrate Father's Day with your H! @Ollie08 is the bees knees, I miss her! 

@CocoBellaF - Booo to the hibachi not being good! 

@hummingbird125 - LOVE the rug! I can't see your living room! It's going to be like a whole new space! I got H a birthday card from the kids. It says "If you have trouble blowing out all those candles....." on the front and then inside I changed it so it says "Lil Snooser can help you out!" and it has a dog tooting on the cake. 

@jenjen047 - It IS amazing! I love not having to plan out my meals or go food shopping for every single ingredient. I love it so, so much. 

• Options
    @cu97tiger I think we are actually doing that wod this week. On Friday we did Chelsea...which is a benchmark EMOM and it involves pull-ups, push ups, and air squats...my arms were basically useless for two days.
  • Options
    @cu97tiger - Thinking about you today!!  Be sure to update us when it's all over!!
  • Options
    @cu97tiger - How did you like The Martian? I had no time to read this whole weekend! Maybe today.... GOOD LUCK TODAY, YOU'RE GOING TO ROCK IT! 

• Options

@southernpeach89 your trifle looks delicious.

@hummingbird125 I love that rug it's so nice!

@swazzle I'm glad you are enjoying Blue Apron! The meals sound good too.

I am exhausted today. H was up early for work, and it kinda woke me up as well.  Oh well. At least it's a slow day at work and I can take my time.  Friday night I went over to the mall for a bit to try to find clothes that fit me.  I bought 2 things in ON and a shirt in NY&Co,  Saturday we went to pick up our anniversary cake, ran some errands.  I spent the rest of the day studying, but H & I played a few board games at night.  Our anniversary cake is good but not nearly as good as I remember the cake from the wedding though. 

Sunday I studied mostly.  I gave H a small Father's Day gift too.  We met up with my family for dinner that night.  It was fun.  My sister gave me a swing and bouncer for the baby since my niece is done with that stuff.  So yea it's weird we have baby stuff in our house.  I am excited/nervous for our scan and genetic testing on Thursday, I want it to get here.  I could really use a nap today.

Anniversary

• Options
    @peaseblossom55 - You're almost done with the first trimester!  When did that happen??!?!  :)
  • Options
    @cocobellaF I don't know, I wish I could say it's been going by fast but it feels like it's taken forever!  :-) Studying is such a time drag....

Anniversary

• Options
    @cu97tiger - ALL THE VIBES FOR YOUR INTERVIEW!!!
  • Options
    @cu97tiger ah I  missed this, sorry.Good luck at your interview today, I am sure you will do great!

Anniversary

• Options
    @peaseblossom55 I felt like 1st trimester took forever too but 2nd trimester seriously flies by! It's almost scary to think I'm starting 3rd trimester now.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 Glad I'm not the only who feels this way about 1st trimester! 

Anniversary

• Options
    I will read and respond soon. I got like no sleep last night and I cannot brain today. It is sad.

I'm going over to my former workplace this morning to pick up some data I need for my dissertation. My adviser read it and got comments back to me. Minor revisions, he says. Much less red ink used. It is a good day. I will read them tomorrow when I can brain again. I have one more chapter that needs major revisions, but I will need to set a meeting with one of my committee members so I can be all like "what the hell does this actually mean?" and he can enlighten me to the degree I need to go write intelligently.

"Intelligently" is a $5 word today.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @TwoDimes Your Indy stories make me so happy!! And um....where is that dress photo anyway? ;)

@minskat30 I HATE getting carded. It's so ridiculous. I'm glad you were able to get a drink anyway!

• Options
    @TwoDimes - WHERE ARE THE PICS, LADY???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards