Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW: Trial and fitting

So, I feel like procrastinating and relaxing this Monday morning...so I will share my pics from my fitting and hair/makeup trial! 

Thankfully alterations were included in the price of my dress. I ended up buying a sparkly belt from etsy and having the seamstress attach it to the dress, as well as hem it and create a bustle. I love the way it looks but I'm not sure if the length is right. It seems a touch too long? But, I'm not sure and I would love feedback on it.

image image
The bustle looks super messy to me, but I think that's just what I get for having the tulle.

My hair trial and make up trial were super fun. I'm not doing anything crazy with my hair, just a low updo. I don't have much hair so my options are limited! No pinterest fantasies or hair extensions over here.

image image image image

Hopefully all of the pictures aren't huge, and I apologize in advance if they are! If you guys have any feedback I would love to hear it too.

Re: AW: Trial and fitting

• Options
    I LOVE your dress!!!!!!!! I don't think it's too long, but I have never worn one so I don't know how much merit that has. Also I love the updo! You look great, can't believe your at less than 3 weeks!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    Ahhhh!  You look so lovely!  Are you wearing the heels you plan on wearing at the wedding in the picture?  The dress does seem just a smidgen too long to me too but it could be the angle of the picture.  I think your hair and makeup are absolutely perfect!  
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Beautiful! It's tough to say. The dress should be JUST barely above the ground. When you walk your toes should peek out but that's about it. Do you have to climb any stairs at all at the venue?

Your hair is gorgeous! Although I think you could use a little more swoop with your bangs, or maybe some wispy face framing?

• Options
    You look amazing in your dress! And I really love your hair :)

• Options
    @minskat30 yes, I am wearing the heels that I will wear at the wedding. I think it needs to be hemmed more. I have my net fitting on Thursday, so I will see what can be done. I'm nervous with the time left...

@labro Yes, there are stairs. Our venue looks like this: image
    I do not want to be lifting my dress up all night. I hope that it can be hemmed more. As for the hair, I cannot do wisps or anything around my face because I just touch it too much; so I elected for all pulled back but with a small poof up top lol
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @500days Ughh...with the stairs I dunno. I'd see about having it hemmed a little more in the front. I just remember how much of a pain it was to walk up stairs in my dress and it was an a-line skirt and not fitted at all like yours is. You don't want to trip over it! I'd talk to your seamstress and get her opinion.

• Options
    Beautiful! I love your makeup. I agree, I would get your dress hemmed just a bit more to be on the safe side. Maybe you could do a little bit of a bigger poof? I didn't even see a poof until I went back and even then, I could only see it in the photo from the back. Or avoid the wisps but have your hair start a little more forward? Idk if that even makes sense. 

• Options
    The dress is GORGEOUS. You are beautiful!

I'm going to be honest - I'm not totally sold on the hair. I love the back, but I think it would look better with more volume in the front - to me it looks too flat on the front of your head! I think it needs to be jazzed up a little bit in the front. Totally just my opinion though! 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

I love the hair and make up.

I would also see if you can have the dress hemmed just a little bit more, especially with stairs at the venue.  I love the dress!

Anniversary

• Options
    @swazzle & @goldenpenguin I see what you mean about the front and I was even thinking the same thing about moving the swoop forward, where it's the heavier part. I don't like anything in my face really but I think if the swoop comes down even just a little bit I can handle it. I think the crown of my head is weird or something too because the poof was there in real life haha

I hope the seamstress says she can hem it more on Thursday. I'm nervous :-/
  • Options
    OMG everything looks beautiful! I love your dress!! I agree with PP's about seeing it hemmed just a little.
  • Options
    i love your dress!!! im not sure about the length, but i trust the opinions of the OMH here.

as for the hair....i see what @goldenpenguin, @swazzle, and @labro are saying about the front. but i think in the picture where you are wearing the actual dress, the hair looks fantastic, because the dress itself adds more drama than a t-shirt.

• Options
    Love the dress!! I agree with see if you can have it hemmed up just a little bit.  I think I agree with what the others are saying about your hair needing just a little more volume in the front... it just seems to be missing something, maybe even a sparkly headband or something would give it that 'something' if you don't want volume.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree that you should have the front hemmed a little more, especially with stairs.  Otherwise it looks stunning on you!! 

Your makeup is awesome, as is the back of your hair.  I agree, just a little bit more on the top and it will be perfect.

• Options
    Everything looks awesome! I love love love your dress!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    You look amazing in that dress, so pretty! I would say maybe just more poof at the front for your hair. It will fall a bit once its done, so getting it a bit bigger/stronger backcomb will help it stay more!
  • Options

You look gorgeous in this dress! I love it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards