Wedding Etiquette Forum

Destination Wedding Etiquette

Hello! We are have a wedding with just my grandparents and parents in Las Vegas and then a huge family reception at home for all family. I invite everyone to both my bridal shower and bachlorette party, right?

Re: Destination Wedding Etiquette

• Hello! We are have a wedding with just my grandparents and parents in Las Vegas and then a huge family reception at home for all family. I invite everyone to both my bridal shower and bachlorette party, right?
    Nope.  Whomever offers to host your pre-wedding party/ies (not you) should not invite anyone not invited to your actual wedding to any pre-wedding events.  Choosing to basically elope, which is totally acceptable, means you wouldn't have a shower since you don't have wedding guests (outside of your parents/grandparents).  It's a perfectly fine choice to make, but you will forego celebrating things like showers/bachelorette parties with other friends & family.  
  • No. You only invite people invited to the actual wedding ceremony to pre-wedding parties.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Hello! We are have a wedding with just my grandparents and parents in Las Vegas and then a huge family reception at home for all family. I invite everyone to both my bridal shower and bachlorette party, right?
    Nope.  The only people who can be invited to a bridal shower and/or bachelorette party are your grandparents and parents.  

• No. Only people invited to the actual wedding can be invited to any wedding-related event.
  • Another example of how I don't understand small ceremonies and larger receptions later.  You either want to keep your wedding small or you want to celebrate with everyone.  AHRs seem like consolation prizes for the rest of your family and friends.

First, YOU don't invite ANYone to either your bridal shower or your bachelorette party.  These are parties thrown FOR you and not BY you.  Second, if someone offers to throw one for you, the only people on the guest list can be people invited to your ACTUAL wedding, not the consolation prize At-Home-Reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards