Not Engaged Yet

Terrific Tuesday

124»

Re: Terrific Tuesday

• @AuroraRose41 - I feel like any time I have a close call with a driver, there is more than one in the same day. Which then turns me into an angry stress machine, and I become a terrible driver also. I'm so sorry you hurt your car! :(

I also love that you're watching New Girl. Winston is the funniest! I'm not sure if you've seen the episode where he tries to do a jigsaw puzzle yet, but it is by far my favorite. I also found the rules for their drinking game online!

• @aurorarose41 Good to know about your BC! It's been a while since I've had to switch... almost a decade... so I'd forgotten what it feels like when your body adjusts too much to the hormones. I've got an appointment with my GYN next month, so hopefully we can figure out a solution soon. Also, New Girl is the best! I just finished my second viewing of it on Netflix. I can't wait for them to add the newest season to it. It's HILARIOUS. Schmidt is the best. He'll always be Leo from Veronica Mars to me though. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @aurorarose41 I love New Girl. I keep checking Hulu for new episodes. 
  • @Swazzle, I pan sear it with an island honey terryaki glaze. NOM. I love to serve it with saute green beans and red bell peppers. AMAZING.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @swazzle yes unfortunately if the chicken touches the mushrooms I would get sick. FI ordered a pepperoni pizza from our favorite place about a year ago and forgot to mention my allergy and I was sick for a day. We think they used a pizza cutter that had previously been used on a mushroom pizza. 

And omg New Girl is hilarious. We had so many friends recommend it to us and we just started watching it. I feel like I could be friends IRL with most of the characters. 

I'm sorry that your rim is all scratched up too! I know it was eventually going to happen, but I still think of my car as being brand new (even though it's 2 years old now) and I hate it when I do things like that. 

@AlPacina that's exactly it. I have a close call and then I am shaking for like an hour after. And yes, it seems like it's either a really good day and everyone is a good driver or all the crazies come out at once. 

re: New Girl characters, I think I like all of them. In many ways, FI is like Nick. Just the mannerisms and sense of humor. We just finished watching the one where everyone finds out that CeCe and Schidmt are sleeping together. We were dying when Winston was like "No one can explain that" to the border patrol guy! I think I need to find that drinking game! We haven't seen the jigsaw puzzle one yet, but I will definitely keep my eye out for that. 

• @eilis1228 it was just about 10 years that I had been on my previous one when I had to switch, so that makes sense. I was so scared to do it though, and even warned FI that switching could do some weird things to me. I remember when I was trying to find one initially and had to try 3-4 different ones before I found one that worked, and on one of them I was bawling my eyes out for no reason. And this was in my high school cafeteria. All of my friends were trying to comfort me and figure out what was wrong and I was just like "Nothing's wrong! I'm having a good day!" through tears. I think they all thought I was crazy. None of them understood why I was blaming it on birth control, because they weren't on it yet (we were 14). I switched from that one pretty quickly after that. But fortunately I switched to a new one and it didn't have any negative effects really. My period is slightly heavier but other than that it's working. 

@speakeasy14 we are still on the first season and have been watching it on Netflix. But so far we are hooked!

• @beanbot2002 - OMG YUM! Also, I just remembered that SFIL gave me a cedar plank over the weekend. He bought it a while ago but then found out he's allergic to salmon or fish or something so he never used it. It's like the universe WANTS me to be obsessed with salmon this week!

@AuroraRose41 - Oh no, that's awful! I just looked on their website and this is what it says re: allergies: 

"We take great care to ensure that all of our food is prepared safely, however, all of our boxes are assembled in the same processing facility.

As a result, we do not recommend that you order Blue Apron if you have a serious food allergy."

Probably better to be safe than sorry :(

• @AuroraRose41 - http://trueamericanrules.com/

And the puzzle episode is Season 3 Episode 1. 

• Re: New Girl

Favorite Schmidt scene, right here. (This isn't a spoiler, I promise.)

• New Girl is my favorite - I've been watching since the beginning. I love Schmidt SO MUCH. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @swazzle, gorgeous dress!
    @hummingbird125, have fun with your day off!
    @cu97tiger, good job vibes continue.
    @minskat30, poor Rajah. Didn't you feel guilty leaving?
    @goldenpenguin, yay new job!
    @beanbot2002, hope things turn around soon.
    ---
    Is your Tuesday terrific so far? I suppose? Nothing really good or bad has happened. 
    What are you wearing today? A plain black t-shirt, khakis, and closed-toed black shoes. 
    Plans for dinner? Food, I hope. I missed lunch, and I think H might have as well. Maybe we'll go out.
    Emotional outbursts of any kind? Not yet. That's pretty amazing because I'm hungry.
  • Is your Tuesday terrific so far? My Tuesday was terrific until about 2pm.  That's when my HR lady called me into her office and told me she gave me some misinformation that caused me to miss some paperwork I needed to submit and that I might be SOL on the promotion I put in for because of it.  I also (politely) went a few rounds with her before I got her to say she'd try and remedy the situation with our main hiring office (since, you know, I missed the deadline for that particular paperwork because she told me I didn't need to submit it.)

What are you wearing today?  Nothing special, just a t-shirt and jeans.  Our A/C at work is broken so no point in getting dolled up just to get sweaty =(

Plans for dinner?   Just grabbed something from the deli, but it was with H so that's all good :)

Emotional outbursts of any kind?  Nope.  I've been pretty good about not taking out my work frustrations on my co-workers/H/etc.  I'm probably coming across as a little bitchy, though.

Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • @wildmagelet, good vibes for getting the paperwork sorted out soon.
  • @wildmagelet, good vibes for getting the paperwork sorted out soon.
    Thanks!  I'm super peeved, because I specifically asked her a few weeks ago if I needed it and she said no, and then today the main hiring office comes back and said I needed to submit it by last Monday to be eligible for consideration for it and supposedly they told her it wasn't anything she should have caught and that it's my responsibility to just *know*.  Well, I didn't know, so I asked her and she told me wrong.  On top of it, she can't confirm it, but she insinuated that I definitely would have gotten it if it weren't for this paperwork snafu.  All I can do now is submit it late and hope for the best and know better for next time, I guess.  Boo.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • @WildMagelet - RAWR.  I hope she can fix it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards