Not Engaged Yet

Wild Wednesday

Re: Wild Wednesday

• @swazzle sorry the recipe didn't work out it sounded really good too.  The storms were too bad by me yesterday. 

@twodimes I'd like to know late night snacks were coming!

At least it is Wednesday, but really same stuff different day.  I just really want tomorrow to get here, I'm nervous/excited for it.  I have less than a month until my exam, so part of me is like really a month more of studying- I want to take it now, and the other part of me is thinking- only a month left I'm never going to pass.  We shall see what happens though. I'd like to think I will pass.

Dinner tonight is spaghetti squash.  I am not sure what type of sauce yet, basic marinara sauce, some salsa,a vegan alfredo sauce or just a simple butter and garlic.  I'm up for suggestions too.  I still have leftover anniversary cake for dessert too.  Yay!

I had no emotional outbursts yesterday and I don't expect any today either.

Anniversary

• edited June 2015
    Paging @futuremrshistorian - We need to get together before you move!!  Are you going to be in the city?
  • Well, @swazzle already told my gnocchi disaster. I was so mad. The flavor of everything else was really good, but the delicious, creamy, cheese sauce would have made it way better. One thing that I've learned by all these Blue Apron meals - lemon zest makes everything better. Seriously, it brightens up every single dish. I love it. 

There's a local farm that puts salads together and delivers them to H's work every Wednesday, so we were going to get those for dinner, but I don't like either of the options (BOO), so we'll probably do another Blue Apron tonight. Hopefully it turns out better than last night. 

Sorry I'm not responding to everyone today - I opened the thread at 9:17 and it was already two pages long!! You guys are fricken CHATTY.

My emotional outburst (not really, but I need to discuss): there's a girl I know who is getting married... today. It IS Wednesday, right? She's in Boston, but she's got people in town from LA and Australia (that's just people I've seen on FB), so I feel like it's not a "going to the courthouse on a random Wednesday" type situation. That's weird, right?

@caseface5 - if you are close enough with her, I'd just ask. I have a couple friends who I invited to the wedding who I asked about how they wanted their invites addressed, because I wanted to make sure I was doing it the way they preferred. One friend goes by First Name Maiden Name Married Name on FB, but I know that it's for her husband's family, and she prefers to go by her maiden name, so I addressed their invite that way. I have another friend who hasn't changed her name at all on FB, but legally has changed it to her married name, so I addressed theirs that way. And another friend who is hyphenated. I would rather ask and get it right, than assume and have someone be offended, but that's just me. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @GoldenPenguin I agree with @TwoDimes I think it's a little strange to have a full blown wedding in the middle of the week without it being at a courthouse or destination where everyone is taking some vacation.

I wonder what her reasoning is?
  • @GoldenPenguin - Agreed. Lemon zest is the shit. I need to actually buyer a zester. I've been peeling it then chopping it. I also want a juicer, one that you hold in your hand and squeeze. Those 2 things would make life easier. 

• @TwoDimes - I did, actually! We just didn't get them. We didn't get a most of those small kitchen gadgety kinds of things that we registered for. 

• @Swazzle - I've tried a bunch of zesters, and this is my faaaaaavorite.  I use it for everything.  Microplane Zester
  • @cu97tiger - Yeah for second interview!!!!  All the things crossed for you.
  • @swazzle, we bought most of our small kitchen gadgety things. I'm hoping someday to know what my kitchen looks like ...

@cu97tiger, woo! Continuing good vibes!

@goldenpenguin, I know! I feel like I almost can't jump into chat because there's no way I can keep up.
  • @cutiger97 - Congrats on the second interview!

I have a headache this morning which will probably only be made worse by the Wednesday morning training we are doing today. It's so ridiculous that we open an hour late every Wednesday to do these trainings.

Last night I realized that the full time faculty position I applied to is actually a posting for them to hire several positions so I'm feeling better about it. These positions are pretty competitive but at least if there is more than one opening I have a better chance of getting an offer. They are keeping the posting open until the 29th so I'm really hoping I'll hear something back either next week or the week after for an interview.

• @GoldenPenguin and @KeptInStitches - I feel the same way when I enter into a chat several pages long already.  

@labro - Blech!  I would scream and run around if a beetle with pincers was stuck to me.  Gross.  
  • Swazzle said:
    @GoldenPenguin - Agreed. Lemon zest is the shit. I need to actually buyer a zester. I've been peeling it then chopping it. I also want a juicer, one that you hold in your hand and squeeze. Those 2 things would make life easier. 
    I used my lemon juicer (hand held) for the first time last week and it was AMAZING! Best thing ever! I like my zester too....you should definitely get both!
  • @cu97tiger Yes! So happy you got a second interview. Sending all the vibes your way! The test is a combo of all 3. I would need the license eventually if I get promoted. My boss has mentioned wanting to promote me at some point when our team expands, but there is no timeline set on that yet.  So I am getting it done now, while life is a bit simpler and it's isn't as stressful as having to take an exam in a short period of time when required to. 

Anniversary

• @cu97tiger YAY for a 2nd interview!!!! Keeping all the things crossed for you!!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015
    @TwoDimes I'm so glad we can share our experiences in this way. @southernpeach89 and I both freak out around bees/wasps too. Usually accompanied by screaming and waving our arms around. Luckily nobody heard my scream or witnessed my little panic session!

ETA: @GoldenPenguin That's super weird of your friend. I don't get having a full blown wedding mid week. If it was an affordability issue, I'd just adjust my guest list or something so I could have a Friday or weekend wedding in order to have the wedding I wanted rather than inconvenience everyone (especially OOT people) with a random mid-week wedding.

• @labro Yes that's a good idea. I know DH told Dad about it on Sunday but if it doesn't work tonight then I'll text him to come by sometime this week possibly.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @Swazzle I am literally LOL'ing at my desk right now over your bee story. Stripping off my pants would've been the smart solution!!! But then the beetle would've had my pants!

• @speakeasy14 I love the irony of the healthy lifestyles fair!

@swazzle now I want sweet potato fries

Anniversary

• @speakeasy14 I love the irony of the healthy lifestyles fair!

@swazzle now I want sweet potato fries

Yesssssss
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Damn I missed a whole bunch of things ordering the inflatable water slide for my 4th party!

@GoldenPenguin Totally weird to have a Wednesday wedding. The family has to be annoyed too, I know this coming from my cousin who lives in Texas and is getting married on a Monday...

@TwoDimes and @LaBro Both acceptable methods of trying to get rid of bugs/bettles/wasps/bees, etc. Also I would have reacted the same @Swazzle. I freaked when BF was killing a bee on the other side of the door once when I was locked in. I hate bees! 
    friends tv show funy
  • @goldenpenguin the wedding we went to two weeks ago in Colorado was a Thursday.  Since majority of their guests were OOT it wasn't a big deal.  If no one was traveling then I'd question having a wedding on a weekday. 

@labro ewwww I would have screamed if a beetle like that was stuck on my pants too! 

• @cu97tiger Congrats on the second interview!!
    friends tv show funy
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    @goldenpenguin the wedding we went to two weeks ago in Colorado was a Thursday.  Since majority of their guests were OOT it wasn't a big deal.  If no one was traveling then I'd question having a wedding on a weekday. 

@labro ewwww I would have screamed if a beetle like that was stuck on my pants too! 

Did you mean that the other way around? I wouldn't mind taking off a Wednesday to go to a wedding, but I would definitely mind taking off a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to attend a middle-of-the-week wedding. So I side-eye it if it's got OOT guests, not if it's in-town people.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards