Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

father daughter dance

I was just going to avoid the whole father daughter dance, but my fiance wants this and my dad isx excited about it all, so now I have to pick a song.  I was adopted as a baby, my adoptive parents have bothed passed away.  I met my birth father when I was 28 and am now 48, we are super close and he is a wonderful dad.  the problem with finding a song is the all seem to refer to me as a little girl or about growing up.  for us this is not relevent.  any idea oon song choices?

Re: father daughter dance

• donethatdonethat member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    You can't go wrong with something pretty like What a Wonderful World, or Unforgettable.  Or, how about some Beatles like In My Life, or Imagine, or Till There Was You?  

It really doesn't have to be Butterfly Kisses ... just a song you and your dad both like and will enjoy dancing to.  Seriously - Anything!  
  • My parents are Deaf which is great because I can truly choose a song based on lyrics and not popularity because anything I pick will be something he's never heard before.

I read the lyrics to tons of songs to find the one that says what I want to say to him and chose To Make You Feel My Love (Adeles version - I'm actually going to sign it to him so the version is just what makes it easiest for me haha).

My advice:  let the lyrics lead you when you don't have a traditional relationship:)
  • I'm using Wildflowers by Tom Petty. Sweet and simple but not romantic or syrupy, and not explicitly about fathers/daughters. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards