Attire & Accessories Forum

Ushers and groomsmen attire

Hello, I have a question about attire for the guys. The groom and the groomsmen are wearing a very dark grey suit with vest. We also have three ushers. Do they have to wear the same thing? My mother in law thinks they need to, but I like to do things different anyways. I was thinking the ushers could wear the same dark grey colored pants and vest and a white dress shirt. So basically the same thing, but no jacket. What are your thoughts?

Re: Ushers and groomsmen attire

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015
    Pants and a vest are not proper wedding attire.  Pants and a jacket would be a better choice.  The ushers do not need to match the groomsmen exactly.  Any dark suit would be fine.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • No, they do not need to wear the same thing as the groomsmen.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I believe the ushers at my brother's wedding wore slacks and sweaters (it was winter). I don't think I've ever actually noticed what an usher was wearing at another wedding, so it probably doesn't matter as long as they look appropriate for the level of formality.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards