Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday stupidness

I know I'm being lame, but:

I turn 40 in 3 weeks.  We'll be gone the weekend before and getting back from vacation the day of my birthday.  I told DH I wanted to go downtown and have a nice dinner at a specific restaurant.  He hasn't booked a sitter or made reservation. 

My parents leave for my brother's house in NC the day before my birthday for 2 weeks. The day we get back

My sister leaves for Atlanta to be with her SIL the same day as my parents. 

Nobody will be here and my husband hasn't done squat.  I normally don't care, but 40 seems like SOMETHING.

Makes me think of the birthday party at a roadside rest that my mom was so proud of.  That's exactly how a girl wants to spend her 10th birthday.

Re: Wednesday stupidness

• Options
    6again6again member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    What's up with my name too?
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I noticed your name the other day.

And regardless of whether it SEEMS that you shouldn't be upset, you are.  And that's okay---I think I'd be a bit miffed too.  Especially since you expressed your interest in a specific plan and someone (your H) hasn't followed up. 

Sometimes summer birthdays really are teh suck.  No class parties when you're in school and everyone is gone on vacation for the summer when school is out.

My suck:  First Negative peestick test last night.  I was about 99% sure that would be the case, so I drank a beer last night, had my fully caffeinated coffee this morning and onward and upward.  H was awesome about it, this whole process---I don't know what I expected, but he's really been great. Of course the dude pretty much gets unlimited BCBC for most of the month, so why complain? 

disclaimer:  I know 1 months isn't a lot, really.  I just had a moment and moved on or am trying to anyway. 
  • Options
    6again6again member

You don't test at night.  FMU

Apparently I'm 6again on my computer, 6fsn on mobile devices.

• Options
    0Face0Face member
    Well, my lovely monthly friend is here anyway, and other information backed up the whole negative prediction on my part.  And there was a part of me that remembered that 6.  But thank you for the reminder.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    6again said:

I know I'm being lame, but:

I turn 40 in 3 weeks.  We'll be gone the weekend before and getting back from vacation the day of my birthday.  I told DH I wanted to go downtown and have a nice dinner at a specific restaurant.  He hasn't booked a sitter or made reservation. 

My parents leave for my brother's house in NC the day before my birthday for 2 weeks. The day we get back

My sister leaves for Atlanta to be with her SIL the same day as my parents. 

Nobody will be here and my husband hasn't done squat.  I normally don't care, but 40 seems like SOMETHING.

Makes me think of the birthday party at a roadside rest that my mom was so proud of.  That's exactly how a girl wants to spend her 10th birthday.

Wait...I'm turning 40 in a couple of weeks.  I didn't know we were that close in age.  Anyway.

I agree with O, that's frustrating.  Is celebrating when everyone is back an option?  As for Mr. 6, is it the kind of place that requires reservations weeks in advance, or does he still have some time?  Mr. Heff likes to do everything at the last minute, which would stress me out, but he always seems to pull it off.  So maybe Mr. 6 feels like he still has all the time in the world.   

(And sorry, but LOL at the rest stop birthday.)

6again said:

You don't test at night.  FMU

@ftrMrs0, definitely FMU.  Hang in there (and enjoy that coffee)!
  • Options
    6again6again member

I'm the 26th what are you? 

The place takes reservations, but I honestly don't know how fast it fills up.  Maybe he thinks because we know the GM he has time?  But there's also the sitter thing and we'll be gone....

I don't care about everyone getting together if I get dinner.  I just sort of thought since he wasn't making dinner plans maybe he was making family plans. 

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2015
    Oh 6, that sucks. I'm sorry.  I agree that 40 should be celebrated.  Sorry everyone's kind of dropped the ball. 

My parents gave my older sister a beautiful piece of jewelry for her 30th and took her out to dinner and planned a surprise party for my younger sister's 30th.  My parents didn't see me at all for my 30th and gave me a card with a restaurant gc and movie tickets for me and my husband to 'share' as a joint gift (our bday are 3 days apart).  It was kind of a stinker and disappointing.  On the upside, my SIL/BIL came into town for our bdays that year and we went out on the town.

Oh and I tested at night with DefConn (knowing you should test in the morning) and got an instant +...SO if you are KU'd, you are and the test will show it.  I also tested a week prior to getting a + with DefConn and it was negative...because it was too early. 

But I saw that you have AF, so good luck next month, O.  :)
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    Thanks guys.  Seriously the biggest upside is the fact that I am still learning about this non IUD/BCP body of mine.  After 15 years of continual usage it will take time to settle.  Just a tiny strop was required for last night's BFN.  Plusalso, see pizza + beer dinner.
  • Options
    Today is my own sort of stupid Wednesday, but it's minor, and mostly self-inflicted.  We were running late, NBD.  Wooz had a major freakout over her shoes:  "They're too loose!"  Do we need to retie them?  "NO, Daddy already double-knotted them!"  Oh, they're too big, go put something else on.  "SEND THEM BACK!"  I was trying to explain that it was NBD, she'll grow into them, but apparently in her Wooz way she had gone through all of her shoes and determined that these were the ideal pair for Bike Day at camp.  And like me, Wooz hates for her carefully thought out plans to blow up.

Changed her shoes, left the house, I forgot my phone.  Went back.  Couldn't find it.  It's in my bag, in the car.  Motherfucker!  How did it get there?  I seriously have zero memory of tossing it in, I thought it was still sitting on the counter charging.  Running later.

Get to DC, drop Wooz at camp first.  Art supplies are out, DS decides to settle in and get to work while we're parking DD's bike and dropping off her camp stuff.  When it's time to drop DS next door in the toddler room, he melts the fuck down.  No matter that there are identical art supplies 15 feet away in his own classroom.  Unacceptable.  Heartbreak.  Drama.

Got in the car, dribbled coffee on my beige skirt.  Got to work, saw that I packed guac but forgot the chips.  Debating whether to a) go out and get some (when we already have 1-1/2 bags at home), b) use Doritos from the vending machine instead, or c) spoon it straight out of the container.  Normally I'd settle for B or C.  But DD is supposed to bring cupcakes for her July 4th party tomorrow, so maybe I'll run out at lunch to get some, and pick up chips while I'm there.  Publix bakery has great cupcakes.

I ordered a dress from Zappos for Grown-Up Day tomorrow.  I hope it fits. 

I'm redoing DS's room in a space/solar system theme.  (It was a tough choice:  he loves the moon, stars, and fish, and it's tricky to make all of those work, so I settled for 2 out of 3.)  Lion King was starting to feel babyish.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    birthdays are kinda bombs.
    And when DH's drop the ball, I kinda want to chuck it at their heads.

I am apparently being given hanging planets for buffy's room, which she will LOVE
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards