Chit Chat

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadian knotties!

Any fun plans? I'm heading into work, so no plans here.
image Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Happy Canada Day!

• Happy Canada Day! 

I'm not Canadian but my husband is (though we live in the states). I'm making chicken, french fries and swiss chalet sauce for dinner to celebrate (he loves Swiss Chalet, so when we go back to Toronto we stock up on those packets to make at home). 

• Happy Canada Day to all Canandians out there.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Happy Canada Day!
  • Happy Birthday Canada <3

I'm also working. Mid week stats suck haha, no point

• Happy Canada Day!!  We're doing nothing, except watching Terminator tonight.  Haven't decided on fireworks or anything else after.  

This came across my FB last night.  Gave me a good chuckle:

• Happy Canada Day. However, as a person with a degree in history (and a history teacher), I adamantly believe Canada Day should be April 17. The day the Canada Act (1982) was signed. The document that actually made us our own country and separated us from Britain. July 1, 1867 made us a Dominion, not a country.
  • Happy Canada Day!  Glad I'm not the only one working :)  J's making supper right now, and I have about fifteen minutes left until I can go enjoy that, and then spend some time with my flowers.

Also bonus points for the communities around here NOT having a Canada Day parade, so I didn't have to dress up in my serge in the heat to go marching around on pavement.  Not my idea of summertime fun.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • I didn't work but went to my cousins one year olds birthday party and then had Chinese with H, my brother and his girlfriend.
  • I finally made it home. Downtown was insane and transit was super behind. Kind of bummed we have no plans for tonight since I wanted a family BBQ but BIL isn't home so I don't really want to just go use it without him.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • FI ended up getting a Call Out on Tuesday night, so he had to fly to Vancouver Island. Unfortunately since he had already done a morning flight, by the time he got to Vancouver, he didn't have enough duty day hours left to fly home so he had to stay overnight.

He got home at about 9am on Canada day, and we had a nice pancake breakfast together at home since we missed the free one in town. Then we went to the parade. Went to the museum where they were selling slices of homemade pie for lunch.

Then we came home and had a 2 hour nap since poor FI had been up since 4.

And my little sister had her baby!! Yay Canada Day Baby! So now I am an aunty for a second time and this time to beautiful Niece.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards