Knottie Tech Help

A/B List

I would like to create a "B List" on our The Knot guest list manager. I do not see where I can designate guests to an A or B list. Please help. Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• Because you shouldn't B list. That's why. 
    I would like to create a "B List" on our The Knot guest list manager. I do not see where I can designate guests to an A or B list. Please help. Thank you.

• Thanks mikenberger - that's not helpful.

I did find this online (https://www.theknot.com/content/guest-list-manager-a-b-list-buttons), but I cannot find where to assign A/B.
  • Blech. B lists are rude unless you are just doing it for yourself to make lists of must-invite/want to invite when figuring up your actual guest list. If you are doing it to invite people after others decline, then that's awful.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Just say no to B-listing.
    *********************************************************************************

• Well, if a place has a 150 person minimum and you're all paid up, why not "B list?"  If nobody will see it, then nobody will be hurt.  I'm all for it. 
  • Well, if a place has a 150 person minimum and you're all paid up, why not "B list?"  If nobody will see it, then nobody will be hurt.  I'm all for it. 
    Because "B" listing is essentially saying that some people mean less to you than others at the wedding. If you couldn't bear to not have them at the wedding, invite them as a guest, don't put them on a waitlist like they are applying to a college. 
    People talk. What happens when guest B from the B list mentions to someone how late they got their invitation? Others will comment about how that was way after they we received theirs (or even after they were asked to RSVP- because how else would you know when to employ the "B" list) and they will realize it quickly.
    An exception to this is for true +1's. If people decline and you have space you can then call up your single guests and let them know they can invite a +1 if they would like. 
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Well, if a place has a 150 person minimum and you're all paid up, why not "B list?"  If nobody will see it, then nobody will be hurt.  I'm all for it. 

We had a few more declines than expected.  We spoke with our venue management about options.  We chose to upgrade a few items and add a lovely late night snack bar for our guests.  We made the choice to pamper our guests with our best hospitality, rather than be rude and add "after thought" guests to the invitation list.
    @Mobkaz offered a much better alternative.  My mom had all 150 invitations hand cancelled at the post office so they would ALL have the same postmarked date.  She wouldn't dream of sending additional invites after that primary mailing.  Once our guest list was final, that was it.  It took a lot of planning and discipline but it was the right thing to do and sometimes the right thing is not always the easiest or the most convenient or what suits you.  

If you stick around here long enough, you'll see comments from people who were invited REAL close to a wedding. They knew they were B-listed and it hurt their feelings or they were tipped off to the fact that their host was rude or didn't know any better.  Just one example of how it is rude. That and if couples mail their invites WAY too early, people will suspect them of B-listing.  It may seem nit-picky if you're new to this whole wedding etiquette thing (which I was until coming here to some degree) but it makes sense if you take the time to educate yourself about the hows and especially the WHYs of wedding etiquette.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards