Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

To already married brides, lapis BM color

I am getting married Sept. 1st and I am having second thoughts on my BM dress color.  It  is Lapis from David's Bridal.  Did any of you use Lapis as your color?  If so, is it purple or Navy?  in person.  In the crappy cell phone picture taken at David's Bridal it looks very navy.  I am looking to know if they are purple or navy.  Any help would be great, thank you in advance. 

Re: To already married brides, lapis BM color

• Options
    Tami87Tami87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I thought about using lapis from david's bridal for my bridesmaids dresses, but I really wanted a specific color of purple and I decided that it wasn't going to work for me. I found it a little dark and too bluish purple for what I wanted. I ended up going with the color pansy from Jordan.

If you aren't sure I would visit a davids bridal store again. Have someone try on a dress they have in lapis and take pictures of it. Hopefully that will help you decide.
  • Options
    I didn't use Lapis, but I remember seeing it in the store and thinking it looked really, really purple for something named after a blue stone.
  • Options
    It's a deep purple.  I wore this color as a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding last year.  Very pretty color.
  • Options

I was going to use lapis for my wedding but thought it had too much blue in it.  You should go into the store and check it out.  I went with plum instead. 

• Options

I did the cake for a bride in March who used Lapis for her peacock-themed wedding.... man is it a hard color to coordinate with!  It's a very pretty shade, and the color really almost changes with the light it is in.  If you're looking for a DISTINCT shade of either navy or dark purple, I'd suggest going with marine for the blue, or plum for the purple.

• Options
    I'm using Lapis as my BM's color.  "melissagh10" is absolutely right...it was difficult to coordinate with and the color does change in the light.  I personally love the color so I stuck with it.  I found quit a few eggplant accessories coordinated perfectly.

Good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    katehar01katehar01 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I'm using lapis, I had the same issue with my cell phone pics looking more blue, so I talked to my photog about it...he assured me he would choose the right lighting/ adjust the image coloring after the fact to make sure the color comes out true.  In person, it's dark purple, but it can look blue in crappy photos....I decided I'm ok with that, as long as my prof. photos will look right.
    127image 88image 39imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Like PPs have said, it is purple, but it's a very blue purple. I wanted a truer purple, so I went with the plum instead.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Options
    I haven't seen my professional photos yet, but the others I have seen are questionable.  We wanted a dark eggplant color and I found it easy to match.  The fabric swatch looks navy.  I made sure to find a dress in the store with the same satiny material we were using to see what it looked like, the cotton material was a pretty perfect match to the satin material, too.  We paired it with a crimson, dark burgundy color.  I honestly didn't think about how it would look in pictures....A little worried now.

• Options
    Thank you all so much.  Looks like I will be making a call to our photographer to make sure he can get the lighting correct. 
  • Options
    We just got our pictures back and the dresses photographed navy in some pictures but looked lapis in others. They all looked really pretty in person though. Hope this helps.

• Options
    I used lapis for my color. I think it depends on the material of the dress as to whether it looks more blue or more purple. At least that is my experience. I didn't find it hard to match at all, of course, I didn't mind having different shades of purple for flowers, decorations, etc. I don't like things to be matchy matchy, as long as they "go". :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!! I am using the lapis.  One of my BM picked up her dress and it is def. purple.  I feel so much better.  Again, thank you all so much for your feed back.
  • Options
    I'm doing lapis from DB in the chiffon material. I picked up the dress for one of my BMs and it's definitely purple. I haven't really seen it in pictures though...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards