Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invitations for immediate family members?

This may be a dumb question, but something I have been wondering .. do you send wedding invitations to your immediate family members? My parents, FI's mom, sister, brother, etc? Trying to get an idea for our invite budget and coming up with a rough count of how many we need. We do not live with them obviously, but we do see them almost every week. Is it against etiquette to not send them an invitation?

Thanksss guys :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

This is why we can't have nice things.

Re: Invitations for immediate family members?

• Options
    Yes, you send invitations to everyone who is invited to the wedding, that includes your immediate family and wedding party. 

• Options
    Yes.  Wedding guests include your family members, wedding party, and your officiant and SO if any.  All should receive invitations.
  • Options
    Yes.   Well we didn't send one to my parents because they were the hosts.    Everyone else got one though.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Yes. Send everyone you're inviting an invitation.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

I sent everyone one, this way everyone had something in writing with the details the time & location of the ceremony & reception. Also, for the parents, I thought it was something they might want to keep afterwards as a keepsake.

• Options
    Yes, send them to everyone.  It helps to have that date, time, and location written down.  Also, immediate family (especially parents) may want to keep one as a keepsake... I still have the invites for my brother's wedding and my sister's wedding in a box at home.

• Options
    Yes, send them to everyone!  It is more likely that close family members will want your invitation as a keepsake.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Yes, especially if you have a meal selection on your RSVP.    It will keep you organized if each guest as one.   You can save on postage by hand delivering to immediate family members, but I would have them each fill out an RSVP.    In the event you lost and/or damaged your master list, you can rebuild it from the RSVP cards. 

Plus, people like to keep them.   My parents have mine posted on their fridge, and I'm sure they'll save it after the wedding. 
  • Options
    Yes, as PP pointed out, they are keepsakes. My parents had theirs framed. Also, order extra in case you make mistakes addressing or USPS miss-delivers and/or mangles some (all of those things happened to me).
  • Options
    cj3561cj3561 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    That's a very good point about it being a keepsake - that didn't even occur to me! Heck, I'll probably want to keep one for myself too. I also will order a few extras in case of some crazy situation. Thanks all - always on point :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This is why we can't have nice things.
  • Options
    yes. I even sent one to my parents, even though they are the hosts. So it was "From Mr. and Mrs. Marie's parents, To Mr. and mrs. marie's parents". I knew they wanted one as a keepsake with their names on it :)

We ordered 10 extra invites, and the company that did our invites sent us an additional 5 extra invites. Which is good--2 got messed up when we were trying to determine postage, and I'm sure we're realize we forgot a few people later. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards