California-San Diego

Photography HELP

I am getting married in 2016 and I'm trying to find a photographer so I can then pick my exact wedding date and book my venue. I feel like I have set a pretty decent budget for hiring my photographer ($1500) but maybe not since I can't find anyone I like at that price. Every photographer I liked so far starts at around $3,000-$3,500. Anyone with the $1,500 price tag just don't look that good. Is my budget unrealistic? Shouldn't there be someone that knows hows to take a decent photo at that price?? Can anyone recommend someone? Would prefer them to be local to the San Diego-ish area since that is where the venue is, but not a must. HELP MEEEEEE.... lol 

Re: Photography HELP

• You might have better luck on your local boards, as this is an international board, and not everyone will be familiar with your area. Maybe @wandajune6 can move it for you?

$1500 would be a decent budget in some areas, but scraping the bottom of the barrel in others. From what I understand, San Diego is a pretty pricey area. Also, if you don't hire someone local to the area, they may charge more to travel, so that's something to keep in mind as well. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Moving this to the San Diego board as you will be more successful there. Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had the same problem. But I chose to hire an photographer who would only take 2-3 hours of pictures. So it was half the price. But I had to research a long time and submit a lot of price quote inquiries . I got turned down a lot, because frankly they could make more money off of someone else. Have you asked your venue for preferred vendors for photography ? Maybe that will help you narrow it down a little.
  • I think your price point is a little unrealistic if you would like someone to shoot all day that has decent experience and photos. I am also getting married in SD next year and I have looked around a lot for the best deal and have found that you do get what you pay for. You also have to remember that you are not just paying photographers to take photos with you on one day - you are also paying them to edit all your photos (which can be at least 500 photos) and get them back to you so they look all pretty and nice. :) I think you might need to raise your budget or accept that youre going to have to go with someone with less experience that is building their portfolio for $1500. There's my two cents. Sorry! Good luck!
  • This is who I am using. I think she might be in your price range.
    https://www.facebook.com/AmandaGoodPhotography/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards