Not Engaged Yet

Moody Monday.

I am moody today but I'm trying REALLY hard not to be. 

I left my breakfast at home so I had to buy something on the way in. The antibiotics I'm on for the infection in my tooth has caused a yeast infection that I've been battling since Friday. I'm spotting. And I obviously can't even get laid. 

Despite all of that, I had a really great weekend. H and I slept in on Friday then I cleaned the house and he mowed the lawn. I made guac and then we decided to drive up to @GoldenPenguin's house early and surprise her and @csousa1. I called from the driveway and they were both SO surprised! This was my first time at GP's house and it is so, so gorgeous!  We all hung out and drank and played CAH while watching Friends all night. 

On Saturday, GP made everyone breakfast and then CS had to leave which was sad. It was pouring all day so we lounged around and watched our pups play together and then when the rain stopped we BBQed and played ladder ball outside. Some of GPs friends stopped by and we tried to go watch the fireworks but we were mostly unsuccessful. H and I drove home late that night even though I really didn't want to leave.

Yesterday, I got up early and H and I headed to the beach. The most awesome part about now living 40 minutes south? Being 40 minutes closer to the beach. We got there in no time at all and it was a beautiful day. I worked on my tan and read more of 'The Martian' which I'm hoping to finish today because I forgot my headphones so I can't catch up on any of my shows. I watched the USWNT kick major ass in the World Cup Final last night and it was awesome! 

I went to bed early and really needed it or I'd be dragging today. H has an early hockey game tonight so I won't see him until he gets home from that which is fine by me because I can heat up leftovers and watch my shows while he's out :)

Re: Moody Monday.

• @Swazzle - Do you have a bottle of probiotics?  They'll kick your yeast infection's butt.  Sorry that you're having such a hard time!!

I am moody today, too.  Last night we had a fun night at church (potluck and games).  Cricket's new family asked if it would be okay if they took her, so they came over afterwards and gathered up all her stuff and she moved out.  I cried after she left.  The only thing that makes me feel better is that Cricket freaked out when her new "mom", Emily came in the door.  She ran over and squeaked and asked to be picked up and gave her all the kisses.  I got to hug her good-bye and take a picture, and she just wanted Emily to hold her.  And Emily was smiling from ear to ear.  So I know they will be best friends, but I miss that little fleabag.  
  •  

@swazzle feel better!  It sounds like such a fun weekend.  I woke up exhausted this morning.  There is a lot on mind and I couldn't fall asleep last night.  I got 5 hours of sleep if that. So yes I'm moody.  I also have a doctor's appointment later this afternoon and I have to drink is stuff for a glucose tolerance test.  We're still waiting on the results from the genetic testing too.

Thursday I got out of work a bit early and we went over to a friend's house for a BBQ, and saw fireworks from the park across the street from their house.  It was fun. On Friday we ran errands, H took a cat to get vet and did some outlet shopping.  I got a cute pair of shoes. I didn't find any clothes and I'm in a weird in between phase anyway.  Then we went to a friend's for a BBQ.  We had smores at night which was yummy. 

Saturday and Sunday were pretty boring.  I just did a lot of studying.  H did cleaning around the house and some yard work. Two and a half weeks until the exam.  We watched True Dectective and we still aren't sure about it yet.

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 - AW your new shoes!!
  • @CocoBellaF - I do, I started taking them on Friday. Hopefully they kick help soon. I'm sorry about the pup! You gave her such a nice home/life while she was with you. 

@Peaseblossom55 - H and I only made it about 15 minutes into last week's episode of True Detective. We're going to give it another shot sometime this week, though. I like to watch 3 episodes of a show before I rule it out so we'll see what happens. 

• @cocobellaF I am at work the shoes are at home.  They are not good for work.  I was just excited I found shoes in a store that fit!!!!  The size 5 ran really small, I guess.

http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/Product/95493-1028872/LifeStride/Black/Womens+Bloom+Wedge+Sandal.aspx

Anniversary

• @Swazzle - Here's hoping that the probiotics kick in ASAP.

I forgot to chat about my weekend!  Thursday I left around 2:30 or 2:45.  I ran around to a zillion pharmacies and got hooked up with some meds.  We laid around all evening and I slept.  We watched two movies - The Cobbler with Adam Sandler (cute!) and An American in Paris.  

Friday we ran a bunch of errands and my house cleaner came by.  It was a good day.  

Saturday evening we went over to my grandma's and celebrated the holiday with steaks and lawn darts.  My 2nd-cousin Kenny won so I need to get a "trophy" for the next time we all play.  It was a hit.

Yesterday was our get-together at church and Cricket's last day.  Already talked about that.

The kitchen is a mess yesterday because I did a bunch of cooking for the potluck and didn't have time to clean it.  I get to do that tonight, hooray!!  
  • @swazzle at this point it's just something for us to watch since not much is on during the summer.  We will see how we feel about it next week I could go either way with it.  We never watched season 1 so we didn't know what to really expect. 

Anniversary

• @southernpeach89 They are testing early because of the PCOS and family history of diabetes, 3 of my 4 grandparents had it.  My mom and sister both had gestational diabetes. 

Anniversary

• It sounds like @labro is the best future aunt EVER.  I can't wait to see pictures of your Callie's nursery, @southernpeach89!!
  • @Peaseblossom55 I see...that sucks! I'm taking my test in 2 hours and this whole not eating before the test is really pissing me off. They just changed my appointment to 11:00 instead of 10:30 and I'm seriously about to cry. My doctor was like, "Oh you can have one egg, or a piece of bacon...." and I'm like, "GIVE ME FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • @southernpeach89 ah that sucks. Mine is non fasting, but I can't eat an hour before the exam and I have to drink the stuff like 45 minutes before.  My appointment is at 4:15.  Good luck!

Anniversary

• Just ordered this card for our 4 year wedding anniversary next week...  so cute!! LINK
  • Happy Monday everyone (lol)!

@swazzle I hope you feel better, but I'm glad you got a beach day in, I'm still waiting for one, maybe next weekend.

@peaseblossom55 good luck with your test, the drink they give you is gross btw. My friend had to have a glucose test when she was pregnant and she had me try it first to see if it was bad or not. I felt bad lying to my friend....

@jenjen0407 congrats again!

@blue I'm glad you had a good time on your HM!

@southernpeach89 good for you completing a 10K pregnant! Also I think @labro will win aunt of the year award!

This weekend was full of ups and downs like I'm glad to be at work today.

Friday I was off so I made dessert to bring to my parent's house Saturday. It came out perfect! I then went to Ocean State Job Lot to get some things for outside. When I got home, our cable and TV were out so I knitted. H got out of work early and we were going to drive up to NY but instead went out for sushi.

Saturday morning we woke up early and headed out to NY. It rained the whole way out there. We get to my parent's house, I open the hatchback door and there's chocolate frosting EVERYWHERE. It looked like someone shit all over the back of my car. Needless to say, the frosting melted and leaked out of the cake pan. We get settled in, and since I didn't charge my phone on the way out, I put my phone on the charger. Apparently where I had the phone was too close to the counter and to their dog's mouth so my mom HIDES MY PHONE in the grill. Outside. In the rain. IN THE GRILL.

So while it rains we play Wii bowling, I get ridiculed about my outfit, my spending, my hair, my makeup. The weather clears up and we get the clam bake started. At this point, I told H that we should just swing up to @goldenpenguin's and just stay there for the night because I couldn't take it anymore. I go looking for my phone and can't find it. I ask my mom where it is, and she goes "I hid it because I didn't want Bart to get into it" okay, so where's the phone? She forgot where she hid it. So now the rest of my night is looking for the phone which the battery died since it was on the charger for all of 5 minutes. H and I had to share a phone since I left my iPad at home too.

Sunday morning we wake up and I finally find my phone in the grill. I get ridiculed some more so we left at noon. Before we leave my mom asks what we're doing for Thanksgiving and I told her "if you can't come to Connecticut we can't do anything" since I don't get the Friday after Thanksgiving off. She goes "well we're having Thanksgiving here so you have to come up here or we're not going down there." I just drove off, I can't with her anymore.

Sorry for the long post

TL:DR-my weekend sucked and there was no escape.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @Peaseblosssom55 Ugh I wish mine was like that. I'm terrified for failing my test so I've been trying to avoid sugar for the past day or so. My mom's bday was yesterday and I didn't even get to enjoy bday cake. I was not a happy camper.

@labro definitely receives aunt of the year award! She is amazing!
  • @buddysmom80 ughhh I was hoping that wasn't the case :-( Not looking forward to that and the instructions say I have to drink it all in 5 minutes. 

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 pretend there's vodka in it or whatever your favorite alcohol is! Honestly, from what I remember it tasted like really sweet orange Fanta soda that was flat. This was also 12 years ago so it might have changed (for the better!).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @southernpeach89 I'm worried about failing as well.  I really don't want to have to deal with GD and have it diagnosed especially this early on.....  I'm sure you will be fine.  I'm trying to avoid sugar and carbs today as well.

Anniversary

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @buddysmom80 Ugh! I'm sorry your mom was being such a horrible person to you all weekend! You don't deserve to be belittled like that! I hope your H said lots of nice things to you later to boost your confidence again. You are beautiful and your hair and makeup are great!!

@Swazzle Boo yeast infection! :( I'm glad the pups got to play together this weekend! I loved the before and after videos!!!

@jenjen047 I said this in the other thread but congrats again!!!

@southernpeach89 and @peaseblossom55 Boo glucose test. Good luck getting through it!

@blue & white I totally stole my sister's bridesmaids dress for @southernpeach89's wedding. My dress came in GINORMOUS and her's fit me much better (plus I knew my parents would pay for her alterations).

@everyone Thanks! I totally am Aunt of the Year!!! I deserve a gold medal or a trophy or something!

My weekend was pretty much the same as @southernpeach89's. Friday morning was Stress City because we had to drive in downtown ATL to pick up our race bibs. There were 50 million other events going on and it took us FOREVER to get to the parking garage for the convention center. I had spaghetti dinner that night with H and my parents and my uncle's family who were in town visiting.

Saturday morning was race day! I walked/jogged with @southernpeach89 the whole time while H ran on ahead. He finished the 10k (6.2 miles) in 59 minutes with ZERO training! What a jerk! He's definitely hurting now though....but still. I'm annoyed. I WISH I could do that without training at all. We got 100% drenched because it was raining steadily from the moment we arrived until we were finished with the race. Plus we had to stand around waiting forever for our race corral to be called so we could start. That part was not fun at all.

Sunday was my mom's birthday! We had breakfast with the family and hung out with everyone all day. I gave her a Loft g/c and a beautiful ceramic bowl to go with her new dinnerware set.

Tonight I'm going up to @southernpeach89's to start painting the trim and beadboard for the nursery while H helps bring the crib up with my BIL.

• @jenna8984 No we don't really have a theme. I'm sticking with soft colors and the furniture is going to be dark brown. I like themes but I didn't want to stress over that...I just wanted to have a soft, relaxing room.
  • Oh and this morning in the shower I'm like why is this new conditioner getting sudsy? Oh....cuz I suck and I bought fucking shampoo. I do that like every time!!!

• @labro thanks!

@jenna8984 Yup having small feet really sucks, luckily I can usually find stuff online.  I rarely fit into a size 5 and size 4 shoes are never in stores.  Even my dad who owns a shoe store in Manhattan has trouble finding me shoes. 

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 - I hope your test goes well!! 

@southernpeach89 - GOOD WORK on your race!! I was exhausted from running around the house to see Swazzle, so I'm super proud of you running a whole race!! ;) 

@CocoBellaF - I know you're sad, but Cricket will love her new home! You took such great care of her!

@swazzle - I miss you. And Vi misses Lucy even more!

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @peaseblossom55 It seriously tastes like Orange Soda. Its not that big of a deal. The one hour test didn't give me any issues. The three hour test gave me a headache, but that was it. Honestly, I love orange soda, so I wanted to drink more.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002 oh good to know, I can deal with orange soda! Thanks :-)

@Golden Penguin thanks!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards