Not Engaged Yet

Moody Monday.

Re: Moody Monday.

• @swazzle yeast infections suck!

@jenjen047 yay!!!

Weekend was decent. Busy, but decent.
    Friends of ours recently moved to country area {legit last week} so they've been wanting to have a bon fire. It keeps getting put off because they just moved.

Since Matt and I have been with friends a lot, we spent Friday evening together. Went to mall so I could pick up a few things - I'm getting a special perfume for the wedding. I decided on Elizabeth and James "white" - and cash a few cheques to put towards our honeymoon.

Plus I have gifts for my girls - which is face mask, nail polish and a nice to-go mug for hot drinks. I'm debating between a few diff ones before actually getting them.

Saturday, a friend of mine came up from where she lives to come to the beach with us. Water was way too cold to swim! I kinda wish we ended up going in evening since it got really humid later.

Football game was on - CFL home opener - and some friends came over. I was glad I did dishes that morning ahahahaha ....

Sunday went to Matt's grandparents to help with yard work. I am not about that yard work life {pulling out bushes, etc} so I spent the time with his grammy chit-chatting and grabbing drinks for everyone. {she's a lovely lady and loves me dearly :)!}

My mum came home from a week long trip to the maritimes, so we saw her for dinner. She had fun, but between her being tired and Matt tired from yard work, they kinda had zero patience for either one. Yikes!
  • @swazzle definitely take the probitotics, hopefully they kick in soon and you start feeling better.

@cocobellaf At least Cricket is in a good home and happy; I'm sure you'll get to see her a lot too

@southernpeach89 Holy cow lady! That's awesome that you were able to complete a 10k while pregnant.

@buddysmom80 sorry your mom was a pain in your butt all weekend.  And of all places to hide a phone from a dog?!!?

@southernpeach89 and @peaseblossom55 good luck with your tests!   

I spent majority of this weekend sleeping.  I woke up Friday with a headcold.  I think all of the stress from finishing the house, moving, my mom's house, and then my mom's medical issues finally got to me.  

Friday after work we spent the night with my mom for her birthday.  She released herself from the hospital Thursday because she refused to spend her birthday in the hospital if she didn't need to be there.  Since my head felt like it was floating, I just sat with her on the couch most of the night.

Saturday I slept all day.  Woke up at 7, had breakfast and took some mucinex, then went right back to bed and didn't wake up till 2.  Around 4 my bf called and asked if I was up to visiting his family in NJ.  Even though I had no voice, I sucked it up and met up with him.  We stayed with his family until 10 something and then drove home. 

Sunday I went to Lowes when my bf left for work.  They were having a sale and were supposed to have the vanity we have been looking for at an awesome price.  I get there and they had one left and it was in a medium brown color.  As I was leaving I noticed they had a bunch of appliances and bathroom pieces on clearance.  They had a tub for 70% off.  I sent pictures to my bf and he told me to put it on hold.  So I did, he picked it up last night and is going to install it today.  Now we just need walls (he wants to tile) and then we will have a functioning bathroom.

Not much planned for this week.  I need to hit the driving range because I'm participating in a golf tournament on Saturday with a bunch of people from work. 
  • @speakeasy14 - Yay sales! Sounds like you found some good stuff!

@Swazzle - Feel better soon, lady. YIs are the worst.

@jenjen047 - Any time I get to stand/sit on a rock in the ocean, I always sing Part of Your World. You know the right way to canoe, lady. ;)

@buddysmom80 - WHO HIDES A PHONE IN A GRILL?!? I probably would have just sacrificed the phone. I'm sorry you were treated so rudely.

----------------------------------

I do not want to be at work, that's for damn sure.

Our friends showed up on Thursday evening. My friend asked me that night to be her maid of honor now that they've set a date for their wedding! It felt like such an honor! I never figured I'd have anyone ask me to be their MOH, honestly. I have lots of friends, but not that many that I'm super close to. Then I reflected back and thought, hell yes we're close enough for me to be her MOH. How did I miss that?

Friday we did a bunch of packing. My house already looks so bare! I took my friend to a legal pot shop, since she hasn't had any form of ID before this summer and hadn't been able to go. Between our purchases, we were able to try SEVEN varieties of weed on Friday. Let's just say I felt a little brain dead Saturday morning.

Saturday started with people arriving early. The guys went and bought about 500 dollars worth of fireworks. It was insane. We ended up with about 15 people at our house, and I miraculously made enough food. We played CAH, and then started lighting off fireworks as soon as it started getting dark. People were IDIOTS. We already had neighbors pissed that we were shooting them off in the backyard (not illegal, we'd done it every year and they've never complained before), but then we had multiple mortars not shoot up high enough and shoot burning chunks of firework straight down at us. This happened FOUR TIMES before I finally had to tell everyone fireworks were done, went and promised the neighbors it was over so they wouldn't call the cops, and I learned that a majority of my BF's guys friends are immature assholes when they're drunk. They were SO RUDE after I made them stop. I told them they could do it in the front yard, but that wasn't good enough.

I still have PTSD from the 4th, honestly. Every time I remember the fireworks exploding I get kind of shaky and nerve-y..... I guess I just need a few more days?

• I have a $20 LOFT Rewards card that expires on July 10, 2015.  I'm not going to use it and I hate for it to just go to waste...  first PM gets it!
  • @500days Yay Wedding week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anniversary

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @500days YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@AlPacina I'm sorry those guys were all a bunch of assholes! How is the home purchase going? I assume well since you're packing already. :) When is the proposed closing date?

• Thank you for all of the ladybits commiseration <3

• @labro - We close on Friday!! Don't get the keys until next Tuesday, though. We're taking next Wednesday off to move. Ourselves. In the heat..... Ugh.

• @swazzle oh my ladybits commiserate!! I'm not sure if it has to do with increased honeymoon sex or a delayed period (can't complain that it came after the honeymoon lol) but omg I've been on aleve for like 3 days due to cramping! I'll be glad when it's over.

I'm totally eating chocolate and watching lifetime and abc family shows for the rest of the day lol
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • edited July 2015
    @eilis1228
    1.  We have 2 dogs already.  It was hard to make sure all three got lots of love and attention.  Bella started acting out.  
    2.  Cricket was in a crate all day.
    3.  My friend's daughter really wanted to take Cricket.  They moved back here from Hawaii and wanted to adopt a small dog.  They homeschool and so Cricket will be out and playing with the family all day instead of in the crate.
    4.  Cricket loves Emily.
    5.  Hard to justify having 3 dogs plus maybe a behbeh in the next year or two.  (see #1)

Your weekend sounds fantastic!!!!
  • @eilis1228 there will definitely be more smores making this summer.  That is so awesome about the sewing machine.  I wish I had the skills for that. If I did I would definitely be making baby peaseblossom's bedding.

Anniversary

• eilis1228 said:

@AlPacina Awww, congrats MOH! That's great! Sorry your BF's friends were such douches... drunk men turn into such crazy pyros.

• @500days Happy wedding week!!!!
  • @CocoBellaF Aw, I'm sorry keeping Cricket would be too stressful on you and the other dogs. I'm glad you found her a new home.

@peaseblossom55 I'm not all that great yet with sewing, but I'm learning! @audrewuh has been a great teacher. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @500days happy wedding week!
  • @500days - ZOMG IT'S HERE IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!!! If you have time, I request a full on AW post with all of your details. 

@southernpeach89 - what is the bead board for? 

@labro - you really are the best aunt ever. 

@swazzle - I'm so super sorry about the lady bits issues. Antibiotics are the absolute suck. Hopefully it's over soon. At least this weekend you can drink and forget about it all. 

@goldenpenguin - how is it already your last day?! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about how awesome this new job is for you. 

@eilis1228 - practice. And youtube. 

@alpacina - congratulations MOH! It always feels good to be honored like that. 

@cocobellaf - I'm glad Cricket is in love with her new mommy. That makes it a lot better. 

------------------------------------

This weekend was insanity. The offices are closed, but since we leave for senior trip tomorrow, I've got to be here and get shit done. 

Thursday I had the awesome chance to surprise @eilis1228 for her birthday. It was so super awesome, even though she snapped at me in Target. Her friends are really cool. They invited me over to the big party they were having on Friday and I was legit bummed I couldn't go. I can't wait to hang out with them more.

Friday H and I headed to his parent's house and helped set up for the party the next day. We made jello shots and cleaned up his aunt and  uncle's house. MIL and I went and messed around at Walmart for a bit and then came home. 

Saturday was fun. There were about 150 people at the party, and we dropped $2k on fireworks. There were 450 jello shots and I had about a gazillion of them. The food was so good and I couldn't stop eating. I actually made myself sick, which left me sitting in a corner around 11 wishing I was at home and in bed. I also couldn't drink a whole lot because we had to get up at 6am so I could get to work. We ended up leaving at 11:15 and I got lectured for sitting in a corner and talking to my friends for the last half hour of the party. Apparently my demeanor was causing everyone to believe I hated them and was bored with their existence. Whatever.

Sunday was spent doing laundry. Never. Ending. Laundry. 

We left the pups at the IL's house for the week and I miss them so much already. 

We leave for New York tomorrow and I'm excited about it. I've got to set the itinerary today and get some details for our trip in two weeks sorted out. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @audrewuh It's for the nursery! We are painting the room this light grayish color and then putting up white bead board.
  • @southernpeach89 I can't wait to see pictures of it all set up and put together. I can't believe Callie's going to be here in just a few months!

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @TwoDimes - He's one dude. He'll possibly be one dude in a tux.

On the wedding day, and all days leading up to it, you do you. Plan your wedding. Go to your wedding. Him being there should not affect ANYTHING.

I think you're putting WAY too much importance on one guy deciding to attend the wedding of someone he doesn't know.

• @twodimes - as much as that blows to have some rando stranger at your wedding, it's probably not his first wedding. 

He'll show up,  have a good time, and enjoy the love, not the price tag. 

Honestly, most people can't tell the difference between a tux and a suit anyways. Nor do they care. 

• @twodimes we do this situation in reverse a lot lol. In Florida, most weddings are pretty casual but my whole family is from the suburbs of NYC (both NJ and NY sides) and they dress to the nines for any formal affair. So whenever we go to a family wedding H wears a suit jacket cause he doesn't want to the ONLY one (on our side) to not have one lol. Trust me if it's only one dude it's not that big a deal. We had tuxes and jeans at our wedding. I only noticed in the photos lol
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @TwoDimes - I wouldn't worry about it!
  • @TwoDimes -  I had a dude show up in a tux to our wedding (H was the only other one wearing a tux).  Meh, didn't even notice it till someone else pointed it out to me.  
  • @audrewuh You and YouTube will be my BFFs this week lol. Thank you again for being part of the surprise party! lol Next time I will eat a snack and put on makeup. 

@TwoDimes I agree with PPs. He's one guy who you will likely interact with once on your wedding day. Even if he does show up in a tux, it will not ruin your day. Your wedding will be absolutely perfect, I promise!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @labro @southernpeach89 - is the bunting in the nursery too? I love that inspiration pic! Soft and calm: you nailed it. 

@eilis1228 - always listen to me when I suggest you blow dry your hair. 

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @audrewuh It isn't! But I like the idea of including it. The bedding is mostly white with touches of pale pink, baby blue, tan, and gray so you could totally incorporate those colors into a bunting.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards