Nevada-Las Vegas

Photographer and transportation?

Hi all,

For those brides who are planning/had a Strip photo tour, what did you do about transportation if there was just the 2 of you? There is only 6 total in our wedding party and only us 2 will be going for photos at the sign and then up and down the strip. We were thinking of hiring a town car with driver which only seats 3 - what does the photographer do? Do they agree with us where to meet and just follow in their own mode of transport?

I am probably overthinking this and a car is probably overkill but I didn't want to get cabs on my wedding day and as we won't be going into all hotels I didn't want to be walking from say Mandalay to the Aria!

Also, had the call to say my dress has arrived today - so exciting! Best call ever! :)

Re: Photographer and transportation?

• I'd get a limo.  You can typically get one for $75/hr (+ tip) or sometimes even less if you wheel and deal.  You can get one on the fly from a concierge or cab stand at most strip hotels, or book in advanced but then you'll have a pre-negotiated rate and amount of time.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• adverbadverb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    If the car seats 3, and it's just you and the groom.. couldn't the photographer tag along too? No reason for them to follow in a separate car.

I do NOT recommend getting a cab on your wedding day if you're planning to visit multiple locations. Renting a limo/towncar will be  a lot less stress.
  • Thanks both, we are leaning towards the town car as we are not really limo people and you are right adverb, it does seat 3 so our photographer could hop in too!
  • I was just thinkin about this as well. I emailed Todd my photographer about prewedding photos. I really have nothing that is a must. Cosmo clearly has some great places, so that was the only thought I had. Todd said he knew of great places that were walking distance from Flamingo, so I was just going to take his lead. Pics start around 12:30-2:30 (3ish). HOWEVER, my inital plan was for the DDB to take us and our guests to LV sign after ceremony and before our reception at Star Dust Suite. Driver suggested it would take 2 hrs travel time. I really thought it would take less, but it is a Friday and I can't get the DDB to come until 4:45-5pm meaning not arriving to Star Dust till 7pm, which fo a ceremony at 4pm seems like a long ass time before getting there to get settled and eat.

Today, I just thought to cut out some time and not go to LV sign with guests and it could end up taking longer if everyone wants to get out and have a photo op. I was thinking instead just add it to our prewedding photos, but clearly can;t walk there. We have 10 of us. I also thought it could kinda sucks walking around before ceremony for 2 hrs. I know in Oct it is cooler, but I think it can still get pretty warm middle of afternoon. I too will now be looking for transportation options.

• One of the things I wish I would have done differently is not travel so much for our photos. While I love that we have a wide variety of locations, we have far fewer photos. The travel from Platinum to the sign (taking the backroads) took FAR longer than I anticipated. Then waiting in line for all the other people to take photos (we ended up sneaking up front by taking the photos from the side) and then driving/parking at Aria. We ended up skipping some locations I wanted photos at because we ran out of time. I would recommend if possible, pick places that are within walking distance (of course bring  change of shoes) so that you can really maximize your time. You can always take a fun photo at the sign during one of your other events :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards