Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Reviews 6/27/15 Glam Squad, Retro Bakery, VRBO 311979 PIC HEAVY!!!

thegreens15thegreens15 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited July 2015 in Nevada-Las Vegas
I'm married!!! Thanks to all the advice and answers to some dumb questions. I stressed out for no reason. My day is beautiful. And the heat didn't bother me or anyone else. It was perfect. Now for the reviews!

VRBO 311979 (Private French Villa) A++++++  The place was absolutely gorgeous. If you want to have an event at a private home in Vegas then this is the place. Mark and Charlie were soooo nice. Charlie is the owner and he actually came by on Thursday night with a technician to fix the fancy stove burners. He asked me if there was anything we needed for our day. I mentioned that in online pictures there were globe lights strung up in the backyard. When I arrived I didn't see any. He told me he would come back the next day with some. Well, my friend and I rummaged through the garage and we found them! We strung them up on the pergola and it was magnificent. The grounds were clean and we all enjoyed the pool and other amenities. We were in the middle of everything. We had Sam's Club and Costco nearby and it was only 7 miles from the airport. Everyone was in awe of the location and I'm so glad I chose it.

GLAM SQUAD B+  My appointment was at 4:30. I had read that they run late. I was expecting that so when I got word that Alex was there at 4:30 on the dot I was very surprised and happy. He was very nice and asked me what I liked and what I wanted. My only negative is that he wasn't familiar with  African American hair and he didn't have all the products that I would have used. But he did a beautiful job and I felt like a princess. I got so many compliments on my make up and it stayed put all the way to the strip. Keep in mind I was outside for a few hours and you would have never known

THE TACO MAN A+  Omar's team arrived on time and from what I hear the food was amazing. I NEVER ATE ONE THING!! I remember seeing a plate but I never touched it. There was so much going on. The best part was there was soooo many left overs. I liked the fact that everything was cooked onsite at the villa and once they were done they put everything in aluminum containers and left them.

RETRO BAKERY A+  I ended up getting a 6 inch round from them. I took a picture from Pinterest and sent it over to Brian. He made an exact replica of what I wanted. It was perfect. It was almost too pretty to eat. There isn't much to say about them. They know their business and run it well.

ALBERTSON'S BAKERY(on Tropicana Ave) A+  I decided to get 5 dozen cupcakes to match my cake. I told them my colors were sage green and purple. I showed them a picture of the cake and they did a wonderful job. You would think the cupcakes were made by Retro. And they were so moist. Very pleased.

WEDDING DJ PLUS (Doug Farra) A+  Working with Doug was a dream. He was so nice and eased a lot of my fears since I was having an outdoor gathering. He listened to everything I wanted. He kept the flow of the evening going. He played every song I asked him to when I wanted it. He was a great DJ and Emcee. I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

EYECANDY LOUNGE (Mandalay Bay) A+++++  Afterparty!!!! My family whisked us off in a limo to Mandalay Bay which was 4.3 miles from the Villa. EyeCandy is right in the middle. No cover. There is a two drink minimum but no one minded. The dance floor was packed and everyone wanted to dance with the bride. We had the best time. The music was great...drinks were good. I'm so glad we decided to do this. I think about half of our guests showed up and we all got to sit in booths which was nice. I even won $100 on the slot machines!

I don't have a review for my officiant or photographer. They were personal friends. And as far as alcohol we all just went to Lee's Discount Liquor and Sam's Club for that. I love, love, love being married. We made the right choice getting it done in Vegas. I don't regret anything and nothing was missing. All of my wonderful friends came together and made the day perfect. This was a DIY wedding and you would have never known. To all the future brides out there my only advice to you is take plenty of pics and enjoy..it goes by soooo fast!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reviews 6/27/15 Glam Squad, Retro Bakery, VRBO 311979 PIC HEAVY!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards