Wedding Woes

w00t, it's Wednesday!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited July 2015 in Wedding Woes
I knew this 2 week stretch was going to be the longest of the summer (between the 4th and vacation)...But the kiddo was in 100% ridiculous form yesterday.  He went a round with me and then one with DH yesterday.  It resulted in the phone being taken away and he had to mop the kitchen floor (not a normal job for him). 

I'm trying one of the new cold-brew coffees from Starbucks this morning.  Good stuff. 

All of a sudden, my schedule for this weekend is filled.  We need to get ready for vacation.  I need to either get less sleep or figure out how to make more hours in the day. 

Re: w00t, it's Wednesday!

• 6again6again member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment

I've had a lot of SAHM comments lately that are starting to drive me nuts.  MIL seems to think I can pick up at the drop of that hat and commit a day to her.  Yet, when I ask the same of her she gets offended.

SIL has always had a snide comment and continues.  Now she just doesn't do it in front of people, she saves it for fb private messages.

Neighbor keeps asking what I'm going to do with "all my free time" when school starts.

a. Max is still home and M2 only goes to school 7.5 hrs a week
    b. I've committed to an extra 5 hrs/wk min
    c. I'm teaching PSR 1 hr/wk plus prep time
    d. shut up

• People suck, 6.  Plus you don't have to justify your time to anyone.  You could be eating bonbons and letting the kids watch Spongebob marathons...and still not want your schedule changed/interrupted. 
  • 6again6again member

I want to shout at SIL "YOUR 20 YEAR OLD SON KNOCKED UP HIS 15 YEAR OLD GIRLFRIEND.  SHE IS HAVING A BABY ANY DAY AND NEITHER OF THEM HAS A JOB." 

The neighbor means well she's just a little spoiled.  Her ILs watch the kids for free in her home 4 days a week.  She's working 4 10s to have Fridays off and they are the loooooongest days ever.  Her MIL asked if she could get off a few hours early today and it was major drama because neighbor would either have to go in at 6 or work 12 a different day.  TO KEEP HER FREE CHILDCARE HAPPY.

I generally like her, but she and her husband are spoiled with people helping them.  This is coming from someone equally spoiled.  She just doesn't see it.

• 6again said:

I want to shout at SIL "YOUR 20 YEAR OLD SON KNOCKED UP HIS 15 YEAR OLD GIRLFRIEND.  SHE IS HAVING A BABY ANY DAY AND NEITHER OF THEM HAS A JOB." 

DO IT.  She doesn't seem too worried about hurting your feelings, so why are you sparing hers?  Is she sending you the fb messages or are you hearing about them from someone else?  Shut that crap down.  Yesterday.
  • I am preparing for our weekend away.  DH, Son and I are going to the state tournament.  The girls are going to my parents.

I am also angering myself by reading more about Paula Deen.
  • @6fsn - I don't get how you refrain from junkpunching these people.

I find the the whole using relatives as full-time unpaid childcare situation annoying - especially when the parents have the nerve to complain about it. 

I have an awful migraine and my meds are causing some strong side effects. (Body aches, heat sensitivity.) I might try to go lay down in a conference room for 15 minutes and see if that helps. I haave too many meetings/etc. to go home before 3. 

• I am the childcare for all of my grandkids, and I work from home while doing it.  I never had that kind of help and love that I can do it.  I feel bad when things come up and they have to scramble but if they ever acted entitled like that or complained I would stop.  Its never been an issue though because they actually appreciate it!
  • tawillers said:
    I am preparing for our weekend away.  DH, Son and I are going to the state tournament.  The girls are going to my parents.

I am also angering myself by reading more about Paula Deen.
    I saw that yesterday and was like whaaaaaaaaat?  Are you serious right now?  Just keep digging that hole, Paula.  I don't know who is dumber:  her, for having the photo taken in the first place, or her now-ex SMM for posting it--for any reason, but especially in light of everything else.

I know this is a cliche, but I liked Paula Deen before she was famous-famous.  Back when she had a half hour on Saturday mornings before the Barefoot Contessa, and a cute little place in Savannah where I ate with a friend of mine and got a signed copy of one of her cookbooks.  Then suddenly she was PAULA DEEN! (TM) and you couldn't turn on Food Network without seeing her cackling about something--it's like she became a caricature of herself, everything felt really fake and put on.  I guess if I were in her shoes, maybe I'd say fuck it all and cash in, I don't know.  But I pretty much lost interest after that.  And then the lawsuit/deposition (ugh), and now this.  SMH.

My life is seriously nothing but FWP, but at least I recognize it.  This week's:  DD is loving horseback riding camp.  Which is good:  she had some vague interest, and we wanted to let her dip her toe in and try it out before committing to anything.  But we're on Day 3 and she looooooves it, can't stop talking about it, and talks about her horse for the week like he's a boyfriend.  ("I'm really going to miss Coby [Kobe?] when this week is over.  Did I tell you how soft his mane is?  It's like the Rapunzel doll Grandma gave me, with the super-soft hair.  That's what his mane feels like.  It's black, and his tail is black, and his body is brown and he has a brown face with a beige patch by his nose and then a white spot on his forehead.  He's a sweetheart.  One of the other horses bucked him, and he just stepped out of the way and kept going.  Did I tell you I got him to trot yesterday?"  Etc., etc.)

So now we've stepped in it.  In the interest of enrichment and exposing DD to all kinds of activities, she has gone horse crazy.  She wants to take lessons in the fall.  $$$$$  DH and I were talking last night, and we could do it on our current budget...if we drop the maid.  (Or one of us lands a decent promotion/new job.)  Which is the firstiest of FWP:  maid vs. horseback riding lessons.

And @6fsn, SIL seriously needs to STFU.  I've said it before, but I seriously don't know how you do it.  Wrangling three kids all day long is harder than just about any 9-5 job I can think of.  I mean, even brain surgery:  at least then, it's quiet, and no one is pulling at your clothes, and you can probably pee in solitude.
  • I am so bored with life right now.  All of my big summer projects are over.  I need something else to do.
  • Heffalump said:

And @6fsn, SIL seriously needs to STFU.  I've said it before, but I seriously don't know how you do it.  Wrangling three kids all day long is harder than just about any 9-5 job I can think of.  I mean, even brain surgery:  at least then, it's quiet, and no one is pulling at your clothes, and you can probably pee in solitude.
    I wouldn't put down a SAHM because dealing with little kids all day is enough to drive anybody nuts - however; project management is essentially the same thing. I mean I deal with "adults" - but they sure as all fuck don't act like it most days. 

• *Barbie* said:
    Heffalump said:

I wouldn't put down a SAHM because dealing with little kids all day is enough to drive anybody nuts - however; project management is essentially the same thing. I mean I deal with "adults" - but they sure as all fuck don't act like it most days. 

That's any capacity where you have to manage people.  DH says most of his day is 'babysitting' people to make sure they're doing what they're supposed to. 
  • 6again6again member
    edited July 2015

My life situation is pretty darn good.  I choose to stay home and I am lucky to have that option.  There are definitely days DH walks in the door and I walk right out.  Then there are days I spend the morning at the park or the afternoon at the pool.  Anyway you choose to live your life has good or bad.

There are two reasons it's driving me nuts- the source (a retired woman, SIL, and a working mom that probably has it even cushier than I do) and the complete dismissiveness of my time.  Generally if I'm working or playing here it's because I've front loaded something for them to do on their own.  

ETA: I pee alone.  The bathroom situation at the mill was much worse- nature, port-a-potty, "Unisex" or nothing was pretty normal.

• 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I have had some weird anger the last few days.  I think it's just not feeling like whatever I do matters.  I know it does, but sometimes I feel glossed over and I'd like a little stinking credit.

Also, 6---those people are just jerks.  Being a SAHM is a huge deal.  Your "breaks" are probably spent doing other things like, I don't know---cleaning without distraction.  Sheesh.

My FWP:  Booking a hotel for Vegas, and trying to decide between booking direct or trusting Hotels.com.  All to save $100.  We're booking direct, just to eliminate an possible snafus.  Oh, and my parents are guaranteed to heckled us about it.  Don't care.  It's not their money.  NOPE.
  • 6again6again member

Grrrr- I was at Meijer yesterday.  Target this morning.  DH knows I'm going to Costco tomorrow.  This afternoon has been raining and gross and we're stuck inside.  DH just texted he's going to the store for breakfast stuff.  WTF?  Also, wtf does he want we have cereal, oatmeal, breakfast sandwiches, overnight oats, yogurts, eggs.  What other possible things could he want to get?

• I'm a little tired of the ranking of importance of people and/or their time or what they do.  People need to STFU and mind their own lives.

I don't know what all we're having for dinner but I know it has mango inside it and I'm excited b/c I love mango.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards