Nevada-Las Vegas

Your opinion...experience...dancing at weddings??

I personally love dancing and we plan to go after the reception, just not sure if I need it at the reception.  I would love to see family and friends having fun, getting up and shaking their booties, but its more $$ to have the space to do so.  Any thoughts?  What were your experiences??

Re: Your opinion...experience...dancing at weddings??

• How many guests will there be?  If it's a small number, I'd be inclined to skip dancing since it's always awkward when just a few people are dancing, but if it's a large number, I'd have it.  Most weddings I've been to that were 50+ have dancing and the dance floor gets pretty busy.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• We're thinking there will be about 40-50 people...
  • trm358trm358 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    We had 40- the dancing made the party, at least with the guests we had!
  • I'm debating this myself, as we're looking to have 30-35. I know some of my guests are the kind of people who can hardly stop themselves from dancing whenever there's music playing, and I know some are, well, the opposite. I would like dancing but not if it's just going to make everyone feel awkward and weird. FH is fine with it either way.

That said, while trying to screw up the confidence to self-DJ, I read a ton of relevant articles and the consensus from those seems to be that if the bride and groom are on the dance floor a lot, everyone dances a lot.
  • I decided to skip the dancing at the reception and do an after-party. Then my friends that love to dance can all go out, and my parents and others that would normally sit around and watch can all go do something else on the strip with their time. Saved money and the stress of finding a DJ! I only have 30 guests attending my wedding
  • We had dancing or 40 people and it was SO MUCH fun. It was my favorite part as I could just let loose. We played our favorite songs and had glow sticks. I would say if you can make it happen then do it :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I think we're planning on playing music on the balcony for 'dancing' (in-suite wedding at MGM), but I think we're also considering the option of jumping ship and doing post-wedding dancing in a piano bar for those who care to join us. Ultimately, I think we're going to wing it.
  • Thanks all for your input!  We're looking into DJ's now, not only for music/dancing but for someone to kind of direct the flow of things.  Have talked to Sight and Sound so far...  We too are going  someplace after the reception; just need to decide on a place.  We would like a fun place where we can still dance, maybe live music, not a night club...
  • xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I will ALWAYS recommend duelling pianos at Times Square Bar at NYNY. Seriously my favourite place in all of Vegas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards