Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Any of you ladies have a really long wedding? From start to finish?

How long was your wedding from ceremony to reception?  What did you do to keep the party going??
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any of you ladies have a really long wedding? From start to finish?

• Options
    We're having what I think is "normal".  Half hour ceremony, immediately followed by 1 hour cocktail hour, followed by 4 hour reception.  I don't think we'll have any problems keeping the party going.

With that said, how long is yours?  Are you have a gap between ceremony and reception?
  • Options
    Ours is going to be a half hour ceremony, hour cocktail hour, 4 hour reception, and 2 hour after party at the hotel bar.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're having a 1 hour Catholic mass, 1 hour for cocktails, and then the reception...I'm still thinking about it.  Just wanted to pick everyone's brain and see what the norm is.  Thanks all!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our wedding was 6 hours start of ceremony to the end of the reception.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our reception was only about 2 1/2 hours.  Appetizers and beverages followed by dinner.  Cake and dancing was also thrown in the mix.  We had a small crowd and no booze so that is why ours was short.
  • Options
    From start to finish it was about 5.5 hours. We started at 3:30 and ended by 9. Our ceremony was across the street from the reception and we got married on a weekday but I think what we had was about normal.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Ours was 8 hours.
    It started at 4:15pm - onsite ceremony over alittle after 4:30.  Cocktail hour until 6pm. Intros and first dancing, then Dinner at 7pm.  Speeches at 8pm.  Dancing until cake cutting and flower toss at 9pm.  We had the first guest exits after the cake.  (which marks normal wedding ending time- 5hrs in)  and then we had shuttles to go to the hotel at midnight.  The place would have let us go until 1am, but i thought that was too late. 
  • Options
    Ours was around 8 hours as well. 6:00 ceremony, 1 hour for cocktails, 1 hour for dinner, and then band played until 1:45am. I wasn't sure people would stay that late but we had a lot of people there til the very end! :)
  • Options
    I don't know what's considered 'long,' but our ceremony was at 4:30p and then our reception ended at 10p.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Our ceremony will be an hour long starting at 3PM, cocktails start at 7 and reception from 8-12. This is the norm in my family - except for it being on a Friday night. 
  • Options
    Ours was 6:00-Midnight.  Ceremony was less than 10 minutes, cocktail hour until 7:00, then dinner and dancing until Midnight. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_any-of-you-ladies-have-a-really-long-wedding-from-start-to-finish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:cbeef103-caf1-449b-8f95-3e4a279bef57Post:5764a56d-8f89-46da-9b4d-a98e6d080acd">Re: Any of you ladies have a really long wedding? From start to finish?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're having a 1 hour Catholic mass, 1 hour for cocktails, and then the reception...I'm still thinking about it.  Just wanted to pick everyone's brain and see what the norm is.  Thanks all!
    Posted by Mtess1[/QUOTE]

This is what we're having and I think is totally normal!
  • Options
    Oh wow. I feel like ours was super long now. Our ceremony was 45 minutes, and started at 3. Then cocktail hour/hourderves (sp?) started at the reception hall at 5 (40 minute drive from the ceremony).  Dinner was served at 6:30, and reception ended at midnight. We even had about 40 people begin an afterparty, and were going till 2:30am.  
  • Options
    We're having a Catholic ceremony (not a mass), then a five hour reception and a bowling afterparty. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think our wedding was pretty long
    1 hr ceremony
    1 hr cocktail hour
    4.5 hr reception
    2 hr dancing
  • Options

Our ceremony was 30 min and the reception was outdoors and until...well, whenever anyone wanted to leave (in someone's backyard) - reception started at 4ish..people were leaving around 9-10ish...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards