Michigan-Detroit

Need Help...Ceremony!

All,

I am recently engaged and looking for a ceremony space in metro Detroit. Our reception will be at either the Inn at St. Johns or Planterra. My Fiancée is divorced, so a church will not work and the only places I have found are just not that great looking, so any idea's? I am currently living in Atlanta, but our wedding will be next June or July in MI. Thanks in advance. 

Re: Need Help...Ceremony!

• We looked at Inn at St. John as well but we aren't catholic so we could not get married on site.  We really wanted to minimize travel for older family members so being able to do it all in one spot was really important.  Would you be able to do the ceremony at Planterra?

A public park might be a good place to look to start.
  • Planterra offers ceremony space at an additional cost I believe. If not, maybe try the grounds at Cranbook? I live literally around the corner from St. John's. What about one of the parks on Hines Drive? The Meeting House Grand Ballroom does ceremony only, the pavilion in downtown Plymouth. I'll come back if I think of more.
  • Thanks for the info. Planterra is an option, I was just looking for others. Anyone have info about the Mariners Church in Detroit? No one will call me back after initially leaving a message.
  • There's a restaurant in downtown Northville that also has a theater side, Ginettis.  If you go with St Johns, maybe contact them to see if you can rent that side for your ceremony.

I'm probably just going to randomly drop thoughts here until you tell me otherwise LOL.
  • Look into Greenmead Village chapel. We got married there, it's a small chapel at 8 Mile and Newburgh Rd, holds up to 100 people. It would probably only work for St John location though because it's quite far from Planterra.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards