Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

If the barn needs painting...

Favorite pics of getting ready or the products used? Did you do your own hair/makeup or was a professional at hand?

I did my own makeup - WHILE MY HAIR WAS BEING DONE :) - b/c  I have a steady hand and a firm background on how to frou-frou myself up (and it was a good excuse to tell my fiance that I NEEDED to go Sephora-shopping so I could be at my "most beautiful" - HA! Anything to get more VIB points... ;))) - My "must haves" - Clinique translucent bronzing powder, Benefit's Sun Beam, Estee Lauder eyeshadow in Kitten Heel, Per*Fekt face gel, Buxom lipgloss, KatVonD liquid eyeliner, Benefit Erase Paste, Bobbi Brown blush, Too Faced eye primer, Smashbox foundation primer, Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl, MAC eye shadow - Crystal Avalanche, Josie Maran concealer..sounds like a lot, but I like to mix-match my makeup!

Re: If the barn needs painting...

• OH. MY. GOSH! I LOVE that mascara face pic!!! SOOOOO great!! (and you know what? Those who don't need makeup, shine so bright! I just feel like I look unkempt w/o it! lol But you look gorgeous and you did an amazing job on yourself! A natural!  
  • I had my makeup professionally done. I can do my own makeup pretty well on my own, but makeup artists somehow turn me into looking like a movie star. I need to learn how to do this! I'm mostly just too lazy on a normal day and only do my eyes. 

I have one more photo at my home that I took of all the makeup palates and brushes that I will post later. 

But these are my favorite photographer photos. Actually one of my favorites has all my bridesmaids around me, but to preserve their privacy I can't post it.

Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I never, ever wear makeup- like, didn't even own any- but I did my own for my wedding. I had a makeup session at Sephora and just bought everything they told me to, lol. My sister did my eyes because I could not get my hands to stop shaking (we were running late!) 

And I love this pic of myself because I had just finished putting on the lipstick and lipgloss and was just thinking "Damn, he is gonna think I look so pretty!"
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I only wear coverup and eye liner on a normal basis, so I didn't trust myself to do my own makeup. 

(I keep having to decrease the size of my photog's pictures so I can post them here. I love going through them all again!)

• You all look gorgeous!  (Buzz - your eyes!)  First wedding I had hair and makeup done professionally.  Second one no.  A good friend is a makeup artist, but she's been working in film for so long now she tends to overdo.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_if-the-barn-needs-painting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:cdf510e6-1df0-4928-8c7f-a570bcf78be5Post:ff31320d-9afe-4a35-a635-05b6ce2018ac">Re: If the barn needs painting...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never, ever wear makeup- like, didn't even own any- but I did my own for my wedding. I had a makeup session at Sephora and just bought everything they told me to, lol. My sister did my eyes because I could not get my hands to stop shaking (we were running late!)  And I love this pic of myself because I had just finished putting on the lipstick and lipgloss and was just thinking "Damn, he is gonna think I look so pretty!"
    Posted by random4180[/QUOTE]

I love all your pics! You look SOOOOOO excited!! :)
  • I never wear makeup but I did my own for the wedding as well. I had to go get a lesson at my local spa. Here's one from the getting ready. My mom was putting on her makeup too. 
  • kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    I did my own makeup. I generally don't trust other people with my face, and I wanted to look natural. I bought some MAC makeup for the first time (just foundation and powder) and everything else was stuff I already had. I did some practice runs, and honestly, I didn't even put on any eyeliner because I felt like it looked too heavy. I had a great photographer and she made me look gorgeous with minimal makeup. 

My sister did my hair because I just wanted a simple style. I hate getting my hair done, and paying for it is even worse! Here are a few pics: 

You can see my sister's awesome bridesmaid dress in the background.

I don't know how my photographer got this shot, but I love it! You can see my sister's engagement ring. She got married exactly 50 days after me.

• I did my own makeup and also helped with my bridesmaids and my mother with their makeup. I do my own eye makeup every day and it wasn't too far of a leap to do the rest (I felt a lot more confident after going to Sephora and getting a makeover).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards