Not Engaged Yet
Options

Melancholy Monday

Well, it's Monday, which means it's not the weekend, which means I"m melancholy. It doesn't help that:
It's raining
I forgot to bring a bra with me to CrossFit, so I had to come home
Today is the first day of my 10-day sugar detox

Is there anything making you melancholy this morning?
What movie could you watch over and over again?
What song cheers you up as soon as you hear it?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
Still here and still fabulous!

Re: Melancholy Monday

• Options
    See above

Rudy

Katy Perry - Roar
    Barry Manilow - Copacabana

• Options
    Good morning!!

I am trying my best to make today an awesome, happy, day. After the craptastic week I had last week, I need this one to be 1000x better.

I had such a fun weekend up at @Buddysmom80 's house, and a great day with H yesterday (we went to see Inside Out and it was SO good!) After work today, I'm going food shopping, then working out, and watching The Bachelorette. 

My "check engine" light came on in my newly (somewhat)repaired car. I'm hoping it's just because the gas cap wasn't tightened, but we'll see.

Independence Day

Brighter Than Sunshine - Aqualung
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good morning, @cu97tiger!  That really sucks about CrossFit.  :(

Is there anything making you melancholy this morning?  Surprisingly, no!

What movie could you watch over and over again?  I really like You've Got Mail and High Society.

What song cheers you up as soon as you hear it?  "New York, New York" with Frank Sinatra.  It's my get-pumped song.  H played it in the car on the way to my thyroidectomy and we rocked out.  I also really like "Walking on Sunshine" and the Rocky song.

I slept so badly last night, but thankfully I am not feeling it (yet).

H and I got a TON of home improvement done over the weekend!!  We got our new chair delivered and it looks better than in the picture.  Plus it's super comfortable.  We completely cleaned out the pantry, scrubbed it from top to bottom, went through all the old food, lined it with some pretty blue and white shelf liner, got pretty containers and re-organized it.  It is BEAUTIFUL now.  We also worked on the laundry room, but we're not quite finished in there yet.  And I cleaned out under the sink (scrubbed it, put down more shelf liner, organized all the stuff down there).  And we set up a new basketball goal in the driveway so I challenged him to some HORSE tonight.
  • Options
    @twodimes - Yeah, that would bug me, too... though I think that since you didn't text/call him, you can't really be too upset. I would have been more upset if I had texted him and he didn't respond for a day or two. Also, I'm sorry about your cousin. I promise that, while it would have been great if they could have been there, you will be so surrounded by love, that you may not miss her as much as you think right now.

@hummingbird125 - Your car needs to figure itself out.... is it all fixed after last week's drama?

• Options
    @TwoDimes - Once in five days? I think you have every right to be angry/upset about that. My only advice would be to try to not let it turn into an argument, but use it as a teaching/learning moment so that your FI know for the future that you would like him to be better about keeping in touch when he is away with friends. He might let you know that he was waiting to hear from you, but since you didn't reach out to him he figured you wanted him to enjoy being totally off the grid, or something? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BF and I did a whole lot of nothing this weekend, so when I get home I have a bunch that needs to get done but I want to relax! It's my own fault, so what are you gonna do?

Selena, and anything Disney

"Brown Eyed Girl" and "You Can Call Me Al" because those used to be my grandparents favorite songs and we used to jam before they passed. Now when I hear them I have a solo jam session with their memories.

This weekend was weird. Friday night BF and I went to dinner down on the Waterfront and then got ice cream and walked around. It was so nice! Then Saturday I had my cheer clinic, that we ended up cancelling the second half because only 4 girls came, and they were there for the first session, so they would be doing the same stuff over again. I was so pissed because I could have been in Boston with the other NEY ladies! That afternoon we went to my aunts and in the pool, then took my little cousin to Dave and Busters. Yesterday we grocery shopped and sat in my Aunt's pool. 

It was nice but no chores got done, so I have a ton to do when I get home tonight and that is the suck, because all I want to do is sit outside and read HP!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    I'm getting a root canal on my front tooth tomorrow :(

Steel Magnolias, Halloween, Finding Nemo, Mean Girls

I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston

• Options
    @TwoDimes - :(

@Swazzle - That cake looks crazy delicious.
  • Options
    @TwoDimes I would be peeved too, but I think the other ladies gave great suggestions as to how to handle it!

@Swazzle Love all the pics! Glad you had a fun weekend. Also Root Beer = YUM! It's SO GOOD!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - It was warm from the store so it needed to be chilled in a hurry because it was past drankin time! 

@CocoBellaF - It IS crazy delicious. I brought the leftovers home and had some last night :)

• Options
    Is there anything making you melancholy this morning? Not particularly, other than the fact that it is Monday! But, it is the start of Week 2 of the two-week summer school that I'm teaching, which means I get the rest of summer off after this week! :)

What movie could you watch over and over again? Remember the Titans. I can quote the entire movie and still get so many feels when watching it!

What song cheers you up as soon as you hear it? I also have to agree with "Walking on Sunshine" - my mom used to sing it all the time when I was growing up!

@cu97tiger A sugar detox sounds like no fun at all!
    @twodimes I would be cranky too! And sorry to hear about your cousin :(
    @hummingbird125 I hope this week is better for you too!
    @CocoBellaF Pics of your pantry??
  • Options
    @swazzle - What a great start to your birthday week! That cake looks DELICIOUS and the balloon is amazeballs.

• Options
    @Peaseblossom55 - EEEEEEEEEEEK! Congrats! How exciting!!!!!!

@jenjen047 - Pretty ladies! Glad you guys had such a great time! 

• Options
    @Peaseblossom55 - YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @swazzle thanks! Glad you had a great weekend.  Ah yes you mentioned a great song.  I Wanna Dance with Somebody is a great song. 

Anniversary

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Last night we found out our landlord is planning on selling the house and we may need to be out by September. I started crying. We don't love living there but we were planning on staying there until we had saved enough money for a down payment. We have nowhere near enough money for a house yet and out rent is so cheap compared to everywhere else in the city. I started looking at apartments last night and everything is so expensive unless it's in a really bad neighborhood- we'll have pretty much no money to put aside for savings. We have to stay in the city too because H took the civil service exam and he doesn't find out his score until November- and if his score is high enough to keep him on the list then we have to remain Boston residents. I feel like everything is out of my control right now and our plans just came crashing down.
    On top of that I'm pissed at our wedding photog. Before the wedding he said it would take 3 weeks to get our pics back. On Saturday it had been 4 weeks so I emailed him. He said it would be a few more weeks (exactly how many is a "few"??) since they're still editing summer stuff. If anyone remembers- he never showed up to my wedding but sent 2 assistants and never contacted me on the day of. 5 days later he finally apologized. So if you screwed someone like that wouldn't you be trying to get them their pics back ASAP? I would. I'm emailing him again today.

The Notebook. Home Alone. probably a lot more but I can't think of any right now

I can't think of anything right now! I'm in that bad of a mood haha

This weekend went by too fast! Friday I got a manicure and went home to read most of the night. I watched a little TV with H when he got home and then went to bed. 
    Saturday was my first LHR treatment. I was terrified since Friday afternoon I was reading horror stories. I don't know why I did that to myself. The appt was way quicker than I expected and not bad at all! Right now I don't see any difference..looks like it's ALL growing back so we'll see what happens next time. Then I met up for lunch with @jenna8984 @jenjen047 and @phira ! It was so awesome to meet them and we had a good time :)
    Saturday afternoon I was REALLY lazy and pretty much did nothing but watch OITNB. 
    Sunday morning I went for a walk, read and did laundry with H. We sat around on the couch and then got ready to grab dinner. That's when I got the phone call about the house and I've been feeling down ever since.

edited- forgot too many words!

• Options
    @lavenderfields13 Oh Noooo! Do you have a lease? Sometimes they will sell property where the new owner must honor existing leases and let you stay. That sucks :(  

• Options
    @Peaseblossom55 YAY for another NEY Girl!! 

@Jenjen047 I'M SO SAD!! 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    Not melancholy, but I got my feelers hurt this morning already.  Darn my sensitive feelers.  I knew being so happy on a Monday morning couldn't last!!  
  • Options
    @cu97tiger - It's "fixed" in the sense that it is now drivable, but it looks TERRIBLE still. Looking at it makes me want to cry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @peaseblossom55 - YAY!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!

@lavenderfields13 - ugh what a disaster. :( hoping everything works out for you!! also your photog sounds awful, im so sorry you're going through this! do you mind PMing me who it was? 

@jenna8984 - those sellers sound annoying. its not that hard to keep you informed, even if its just "still waiting to hear back on XYZ".
  • Options
    @TwoDimes my H is NOT good at keeping in touch when he goes away and I try not to text/call when he's away too. I just ask that he checks in once a day only so I know he's alive. I really think sometimes he gets caught up and just doesn't remember. I get annoyed and do tell him why- I just want to know he's ok- but to me it's not worth getting in a big argument over it. 
    Just saw @Hummingbird125s response- good advice!

@Swazzle Happy Belated 29th! glad you had so much fun!

@peaseblossom55 A GIRL!! SO EXCITING!!!

• Options

@cu97tiger oooh looks great!!

@swazzle duh I forgot to wish you a happy birthday! Sounds like you had a blast!

• Options
    @lavenderfields13, @jenna8984 - No worries! My birthday is actually not until this Thursday and it's the anniversary of my 29th birthday ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards